• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Reasons why we lost

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
I love when all the negative Nancy's come out of the wood work hahaha.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Its not rocket science.

1.) Bill Billicheck is one of the greatest coaches that the NFL has ever seen. I love Tomlin, but Billicheck is on another level.
2.) Brady is still far superior to Ben Roethelisberger. BB needs weapons- and a lot of them- to succeed. On the other hand, Brady can feast with no name lacrosse players..

And most importantly-
3.) Our #1 offensive weapon went down early in the game.

Its really not difficult to understand why we lost that game.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Why we lost the game:

MikeTomlinZone.jpg

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
**** Brady, any NFL QB could've completed those passes, NE guys were wide open all over the field. If we run that same dick bag offense vs KC, we would've lost, hell we run that vs any average QB we would've gotten picked apart.

mdk2

Reaction score
Its not rocket science.

1.) Bill Billicheck is one of the greatest coaches that the NFL has ever seen. I love Tomlin, but Billicheck is on another level.
2.) Brady is still far superior to Ben Roethelisberger. BB needs weapons- and a lot of them- to succeed. On the other hand, Brady can feast with no name lacrosse players..

And most importantly-
3.) Our #1 offensive weapon went down early in the game.

Its really not difficult to understand why we lost that game.

Ben just needs a couple receivers to catch the ball. Those WRs yesterday were pathetic. Ben won SBs with Hines, Randle El(who did nothing once he left Pitt) and Cedrick Wilson as a 3. As for running backs, old Jerome and fall down at any sight of contact Willie Parker. Then in his next SB win, he did it with one of the worst OLs in the history of football. My point is, he doesn't need great players around him, he just need guys to do their jobs once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Ben just needs a couple receivers to catch the ball. Those WRs yesterday were pathetic. Ben won SBs with Hines, Randle El(who did nothing once he left Pitt) and Cedrick Wilson as a 3. As for running backs, old Jerome and fall down at any sight of contact Willie Parker. Then in his next SB win, he did it with one of the worst OLs in the history of football. My point is, he doesn't need great players around him, he just need guys to do their jobs once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need a #2 WR in the worst way. That Coates drop early was huge, that puts us at their 30. 2 dropped TD's, another TD called back because Hamilton ran out of bounds. Haley and Tomlin have no clue how to call a game with Bell in the game, in a weird way it holds the offense back because they just run him over and over again, or they split him out tipping their hand that we aren't running the ball.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
75% of why we lost was poor coaching and having the players ready. 25% was on poor execution.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
NFL is bullshit . I refuse to believe we're as dumb and bad as what I saw last night.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
75% of why we lost was poor coaching and having the players ready. 25% was on poor execution.

I was thinking this this morning. Now we know zone doesn't work especially well against the Pats**** but even so, ISN'T THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD 12 YARDS FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE SOMEONE'S ZONE???

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking this this morning. Now we know zone doesn't work especially well against the Pats**** but even so, ISN'T THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD 12 YARDS FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE SOMEONE'S ZONE???

Not in the Tampa-2, 10-15 yards off the LOS is "dead space" behind the LB's and in front of the Safety over the top. This is also why Cover-2 is also a prevent defense as it is designed to prevent big plays and keep the other team moving in small chunks.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score

Yes it's our slowest LB, we had Harrison dropping there, as well as Timmons. On a 3rd and long I think it was, we dropped into zone and our zone was 3 yards behind the first down marker, you can't have your LB's drop beyond the 1st down marker there, Edleman just ran to the marker and turned around for an easy conversion, at least make him fit the throw over the LB's.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
What I'd really like to know is how they can have these meetings and tell experienced players, "This is our gameplan. We are going to play almost exclusively zone coverage. We will play bend don't break and hope we can stop them in the redzone"
My response would be. "Coach. Can we possibly see some film of this working throughout a game at all. EVER"

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it's our slowest LB, we had Harrison dropping there, as well as Timmons. On a 3rd and long I think it was, we dropped into zone and our zone was 3 yards behind the first down marker, you can't have your LB's drop beyond the 1st down marker there, Edleman just ran to the marker and turned around for an easy conversion, at least make him fit the throw over the LB's.

And how about this ... Marcus Dupree, "Rush ... the ... quarterback." It is what he does best.

Instead, he dropped into coverage as much as he rushed the QB, including that TD throw to some no-name receiver where Brady had about 10 seconds to find the guy.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
What I'd really like to know is how they can have these meetings and tell experienced players, "This is our gameplan. We are going to play almost exclusively zone coverage. We will play bend don't break and hope we can stop them in the redzone"
My response would be. "Coach. Can we possibly see some film of this working throughout a game at all. EVER"

LOL, especially after the way Houston played them tough, and how Denver beat them, how the Ravens have beaten them, how we beat them in 2012, not one of those ******* teams beat them by playing a rush 3 drop 8 with zone coverage ***** *** defense.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You guys just aren't as smart as Tomlin, Hailey and Butler. They knew, that they knew what they thought, but they knew they wouldn't know to expect them to use what they thought they knew they wouldn't do.

jbem

Reaction score
The refs are not allowed to call a fumble on Brady. Nor can they call pass interference On New England
Our coaching can not win this game.

They know out tendencies and call accordingly.

For the 5th time a soft zone does NOT work vs Brady. Just blitz and hit him over and over.
Tomlin is partly responsable for distractions and this very poor game plan.

I hope someone hires Haley as a head coach. And I'd like to see Tomlin gone. His record vs New England is not good enough.

it was hard to see but i think he fumble and then fell on it with his knees down, imo i dont think they got it wrong and no one seemed to ***** to much about it, who knows

jbem

Reaction score
And how about this ... Marcus Dupree, "Rush ... the ... quarterback." It is what he does best.

Instead, he dropped into coverage as much as he rushed the QB, including that TD throw to some no-name receiver where Brady had about 10 seconds to find the guy.

i know right , i dont remember hearing his name, i though he would have made a big difference if he played like he has been