• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pouncey second surgery??

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
NIce stuff.

So I took a took at Jim Wexell's twitter account. He said a non-team Doctor told him Pouncey is done for the year. With multiple knee and ankle issues, you'd have to conclude that Pouncey's best days are behind him. If he can't come back with stuck with a Woodley type of dead money cap killer for the year.

Looking at a center in rounds 2-4 in the 2016 draft makes sense.

Thanks Coach, but his 'knee/ankle' injuries were a non factor last season when he started all 16 games and the playoff game, so I can't agree with your future projections. This injury is very reparable, he was just very unlucky with the infection (as it is currently being reported).

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I could be more pedantic... And of course he's your starting center next season - he's the best player we've got and among the best in the league. The problem is, how long does he stay uninjured? It's a real question?

However. Looking at his cap situation I can't help but agree. You have no choice but to stick with him and hope for the best, at least through next year or two unless you can trade him. If you can trade him, that's an option, particularly if you can find somebody in the draft that you feel is a realistic option. Otherwise you don't financially have much option given the contract situation but to hope he somehow manages to play the next 4 years. Of course if he manages to play at a high level, you assume he's going to hold out or work for a new deal sometime in the last couple years.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Tomlin said today that Pouncey has NOT had a second surgery on his ankle. He also said he expects Pouncey to play again this year. I guess somehow they are treating the infection with antibiotics? I had read that one a foreign object (like the steel plate in his leg) gets infected, it has to be taken out.

Spike

Reaction score

swal75

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Griff Whalen is a free agent this summer if we need a new center.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Now the Steelers are denying there was a second surgery!

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...as-not-had-a-second-surgery-on-injured-ankle/

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
So if there was no second surgery maybe they were able to treat the infection with some type of injection. This is an interesting development. Hope to see the big fella on the field sooner rather than later.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
So if there was no second surgery maybe they were able to treat the infection with some type of injection. This is an interesting development. Hope to see the big fella on the field sooner rather than later.

Yeap, Wallace struggles with the stunts consistently. He is a stopgap but no way I trust him to protect Ben

ZACKB

Reaction score
per Steelersdepot, he just had surgery #2. Niot sure if he will be out rest of year, depends on how infections clears up and leg has healed.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap, Wallace struggles with the stunts consistently. He is a stopgap but no way I trust him to protect Ben

Wish they would switch it up and put Legursky in there, but I know he had issues as well.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like Wallace has only been in since Ben went down, he's been the starter all year. He isn't all pro, but he isn't why Ben got hurt either. Legursky is currently THIRD string behind Hubbard, they aren't putting Legursky into the game.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like Wallace has only been in since Ben went down, he's been the starter all year. He isn't all pro, but he isn't why Ben got hurt either. Legursky is currently THIRD string behind Hubbard, they aren't putting Legursky into the game.

How can you say Hubbard is behind Legs when Hubbard has been inactive on game day?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Pouncey's ability to get to blocks at the 2nd level is what exposes him to many injuries, playing frequently in the legs getting rolled up section of the field. For Pouncey to be Pouncey you have to be prepared for the sweatpants. It's a shame that his strength becomes his weakness.

From the allocation of assets perspective his price tag does seem high for the production, or rather the price tag of a less gifted Center would allow to relocate about 8M to some needed depth or secondary help. Given his contract numbers the poor allocation of assets is a situation we will probably remain the same at least for another year or two.

It's a shame we bought this deluxe king sized bed only to be sleeping on the folding cot next to it since it's broke, again.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
How can you say Hubbard is behind Legs when Hubbard has been inactive on game day?

I didn't say Hubbard was behind Legursky, I said Legursky is behind Hubbard. And that is according to the depth chart.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I didn't say Hubbard was behind Legursky, I said Legursky is behind Hubbard. And that is according to the depth chart.

The depth chart? You mean the thing that Tomlin lets his 8-year old son fill out? Seriously, the depth chart means less than nothing.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
DK had an exclusive interview with him but not a paying member of his site.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-second-surgery-and-what-it-likely-entailed/

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
hes not on IR so chance he could be back for playoffs,

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
hes not on IR so chance he could be back for playoffs,

I think they still have hope for his return otherwise we would have seen a IR designation like Beachum...............

swal75

Reaction score
Can't quite find the answer but isn't there a deadline whereby he would have to be activated or placed on season ending IR? He can be activated as early as 8 weeks and can only practice for 21 days before reactivation(which start as early as 6 weeks)

Is the answer 11 weeks til a firm decision must be made? Google answers are crap.