• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens looking ok so far. Chicago’s national anthem singer is horrible man. Why?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens looking ok so far. Chicago’s national anthem singer is horrible man. Why?

He was bad. We've been doing well, and got lucky. I'll take both.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
He was bad. We've been doing well, and got lucky. I'll take both.
2-0. I don’t think tonight is our night. The chicago announcers were saying the Pens have never had a lead visiting Chicago since 2009. That arena is bad juju

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We're really not playing poorly. They were just outplaying us for a while.

We can do this.

Reactions: MTC

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. I felt like we had this. Still proud of this game. Not like the last one.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry, folks. Have not been around during games. I am always watching behind and can't read during the game. They are at the least getting a point in most games. Need Sid back and continue same type of play so far. Surprised how much I actually like Boyle and ZAR with his harder hitting play make me miss Tanev a little less. PO needs to play more and stay up IMO. So far, Turnover Tanger has not been toooo bad. Glad lazy russian not in lineup. If only Jarry can win a SO every now and then, if I am correct, they have lost every one? The other new guys have all been contributors so far. Tough division non COVID, but will come down to Defense in front of net, goaltending, playing with Sid not watching Sid, and capitalizing on PP. Caps will be an interesting early barometer also.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, folks. Have not been around during games. I am always watching behind and can't read during the game. They are at the least getting a point in most games. Need Sid back and continue same type of play so far. Surprised how much I actually like Boyle and ZAR with his harder hitting play make me miss Tanev a little less. PO needs to play more and stay up IMO. So far, Turnover Tanger has not been toooo bad. Glad lazy russian not in lineup. If only Jarry can win a SO every now and then, if I am correct, they have lost every one? The other new guys have all been contributors so far. Tough division non COVID, but will come down to Defense in front of net, goaltending, playing with Sid not watching Sid, and capitalizing on PP. Caps will be an interesting early barometer also.
That’s it right there. Once Sid come back. Play the game and not watch Sid.

These lines seem to buzz and hum just fine.
It’s ok, my job is hard to make it drop in consistently myself. Holiday season means long hours, more days. Come crunch time we’ll all be here ready to roll

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Good game so far tonight. Pens up 2-1 at the 2nd intermission. ERod scored his first goal of the season near the end of the second. Good interview with ERod there at the break. He sounds like he has a high hockey IQ. Wouldn't be surprised if he winds up behind the bench or in the front office someday after his playing days are over.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Good game so far tonight. Pens up 2-1 at the 2nd intermission. ERod scored his first goal of the season near the end of the second. Good interview with ERod there at the break. He sounds like he has a high hockey IQ. Wouldn't be surprised if he winds up behind the bench or in the front office someday after his playing days are over.
Flipping back on fourth with this and the Pitt game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I was gonna watch but I came home tired today. Lol. Scoreboard watching. Another OT game

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game. Glad for Jarry!

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
That was Evan Rods 4th if the year JMM

Nice to see Jarry win a shootout

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Was at the game tonite. Great game. Jarry stood on his head and made some great plays. Jeff Carter with the winner in the shootout. Jarry then had to stop Hornqvist (who had an earlier ovation from Pens fans) for the win. Great game against a good team. Gotta score more goals though...Jarry just seems to not be getting a lot of support

Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We really need to fix our netminder situation. We have two very good back up goalies IMO, and not real #1. Also, we don't own our own crease well.

One more - our new guys get chances, but don't seem to have real shot skills, aim, etc.

We're a good to very good team. I hope we step it up.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
We really need to fix our netminder situation. We have two very good back up goalies IMO, and not real #1. Also, we don't own our own crease well.

One more - our new guys get chances, but don't seem to have real shot skills, aim, etc.

We're a good to very good team. I hope we step it up.
Pens are not looking too well defensively. Ottawa’s last shift before commercial break, they were having their way