• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Sid effect. When he returns we walk away from our attack. I almost predicted a loss tonight,
Yeah they definitely lacked the aggression they’ve been playing with. It’s like they coast and depend on him to create the plays. I know the dude is a hof’er but just treat him like another teammate on the ice.

Sid still has skill in terms of puck handling and set up. It’s frustrating that these guys let up. Surround that ****** with some aggression and his play will enhance that.

Maybe Sullivan sees it. Who knows. One night doesn’t make or break the season, especially this early thank God

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It's really an embarrassing loss. Their third string netminder, and Sid back with Carter. At home. I hope this one stings for them. They need to feel like crap for a bit.
Eh there’s a lot of parity in pro sports. Minors, bench warming goalies etc all have skill.
Wasn’t it Montreal who pulled some average Joe out of the crowd last season and won a game?

Time to focus on next game

str8liner

Reaction score
Complete bullshit call on Sid that cost them the game last night. That should have been a power play not a penalty shot.

Between that and the frustrating PSU loss I am not looking forward to the Steeler game today. Think I will DVR it so I can skip the BS and possible stroke watching it live.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Complete bullshit call on Sid that cost them the game last night. That should have been a power play not a penalty shot.

Between that and the frustrating PSU loss I am not looking forward to the Steeler game today. Think I will DVR it so I can skip the BS and possible stroke watching it live.
Good call. You can skip the political commercials too.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Sid and Dumo out with covid tonight, and the next two weeks.

Sucks

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
What a great game (mostly) against the flyers!!!

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great win...Just noticed I posted the OT stuff in the P&R forum....Time to call it a night. :)

Awesome fortitude for Letang to do what he did tonight after being out for 4 games with Covid.. Great win for Coach Reardon filling in for Sully tonight. Really glad they won tonight. They desperately needed a win....

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Missed the 1st period of thursdays game but the captain Carter led WBS Penguins looked decent vs the flyers. For as frustrating as Letang can be, the guy is on fire when he is dialed in.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We have been playing the Wild very well. PO Joseph left the other team in the crease. Jarry couldn't see. Can't let that happen.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
KAPPY IS ON FIRE!!!!!

Let's get him his FIRST hattie!!!!

str8liner

Reaction score
You just knew that Kappanen was going to explode with all the chances he was getting but I switched to something else last night with 3 minutes to go, up 4-2, and they manage to blow the lead? WTF.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You just knew that Kappanen was going to explode with all the chances he was getting but I switched to something else last night with 3 minutes to go, up 4-2, and they manage to blow the lead? WTF.
So you are to blame? Geez...😉

I didn't tune into the game so I have no idea what happened.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I didn't see it. I did see the HT in highlights. Great job, crap job blowing the game in regulation.

str8liner

Reaction score
So you are to blame? Geez...😉

I didn't tune into the game so I have no idea what happened.

Usually its the other way around. Was bouncing around the football games and missed the debacle.

Did tune in to watch the shootout which, I thought might help since my luck was *** backwards last night, but the Pens weren't having any of that......

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I missed it yesterday. I was dawg tired…literally lol. I napped. Saw the score 3-2 in the second period. Couldn’t muster the energy to turn on the tv so I conked right back to sleep

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I missed it yesterday. I was dawg tired…literally lol. I napped. Saw the score 3-2 in the second period. Couldn’t muster the energy to turn on the tv so I conked right back to sleep
Old fart

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably going to miss the 1st period tonight. I don’t get out of work until 8pm eastern time. 6pm mountain in my timezone.

May the Pens take after their nfl brothers and stick it to chicago