• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins *******!

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Every team has injuries this time of year. That's a ****** excuse. What worries me is that's the excuse.that.will be used and coach and GM will be retained. This team is going downhill rapidly and a lot had to do with the boneheaded.moves.Rutherford made this season. I gained a.little respect for Johnston for getting this team to play hard agains the rangers, but I'm not sold on him either. He's too soft. We need a disciplinarian. WAY to many penalties.

Totally agree with most of your post, but really, how many teams have the top 2 of their top 6 D pairings and one of their top wingers out for the season as well as one of the top centers in hockey pretty obviously at about 75%? I don't like or accept many excuses myself.....but this is actually more of a reason.

I've already posted the same about Johnston.....just not sure he can be the disciplinarian needed. Definitely too many penalties taken throughout the season but I have to continue to say that imo the penalty calling in this particular series was horribly biased and I honestly believe that two games were decided by bad calls on the Pens.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
All things considered.....injuries, salary cap issues,Geno disappearing.....I think the Pens held their own against a superior opponent.

Vader

Reaction score
To me the Rangers looked worse than the Pens looked good. How many open nets did they miss? The pens defense was bad many times during the series and either the Rangers blew it or Fleury stood on his head to save them. MAF was the reason they could even stay in the games. I know they were injured but Lovejoy and Perron was horrible.

Spike

Reaction score
thus begins our summer of discontent

Just by the way he reacted, Malkin seemed confused why he was asked if he still plans to remain a Penguin. #Pens

@_ShellyAnderson
Malkin said he has no injury that could require any procedures, just rest. #Penguins

Malkin said he wants to remain in Pittsburgh and believes #Penguins can win another Cup.

Letang said he's not worried about long-term implications of concussions, vows to play next season. #Penguins

Perron said he was playing with a rib injury. #Penguins

Dupuis says he wants to play next year, but it's not up to him. Needs a few more tests. #Pens

Maatta: "I'll be ready for next year, for sure." #Pens

Cole: "My time here was great. I don't think you can ask for a better room." Wants to be back. #Pens

Winnik says he also wants to be back. Has not had any talks yet. #Pens

Lovejoy: "I love Pittsburgh." #Pens

Comeau on why he struggled to score later in the season: "I don't know. I wish I knew."#Pens

Ehrhoff says he's still dealing with a concussion. Started getting better, then had a setback. #Pens
Ehrhoff says he has interest in returning to Pittsburgh, but has had no talks. #Pens

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Wild. They have a tough team and I likeYeo.

Welcome aboard. Was surprised the Blues went down without much of a fight. They let some bad goals in and never recovered. Wild just out played them in this series.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Yea, same here. The Blues were supposed to do big things in the PO, but Hitchcock will get second-guess for his goalie decision today. Hitchcock may be on the chopping block. Will be interesting off-season for them.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The Wild look like the hot team right now, but I'm pulling for the Wings. A good buddy is die hard, so for him I'm on that ship.

I bet I just jinxed it for him.

Spike

Reaction score
The Flames just knocked out the Canucks with a bunch of 20 y/o's - I like the way they play.

But the Despres Ducks are the team to beat out west.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
My hockey watching is done until next season. I'm not fond of the direction the team is heading at all. I'd give them up until the trade deadline next year to really turn it around before i'd make drastic changes overall.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Wild. They have a tough team and I likeYeo.

I'll go with that . Glad to see Mike Yeo has achieved success.

Like Yeo as well so I'm in. But like Spike, I think the Ducks might be the TTB.

The Wild look like the hot team right now, but I'm pulling for the Wings. A good buddy is die hard, so for him I'm on that ship.

Nicely done....you have established plausible deniability.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Ducks win it, but I'd like to see the Wild or Flames represent the West and Islanders are the only team in the East left(as far as tonight) I'd want to see go to the SC. The Habs and Wings are "eh", the Rangers are a good team, but their fans suck and there is nothing about the Craps I like.

Steel G

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Wild or Flames, somebody most would not expect and would bust everybody's bracket in NHL.com's bracket challenge. As for the East, I don't want to see the Craps, Canadiens, or Wings win it.

Spike

Reaction score
w9kb1p0vizdxcp9rcmre.gif

great save - Bolts are tough though, they should win

meanwhile, Orpik and Niskanen were too much for the Isles

Steel G

Reaction score
Evgeny Kuznetsov's series clincher was awesome. Hate the Craps, but that was one sweet goal. Hope they get crushed by the Rags now though.

And down here, the local sports guys are geeked up cause the Baby Pens will be getting help from some of the recently jettisoned big boys. They've already got a commanding 2-0 lead against Syracuse, don't know if I'd want any stink from the big boys rubbing off on them.

Spike

Reaction score
"The first step toward sculpting the 2015-16 Penguins was taken when management informed right winger Craig Adams, whose contract is expiring, that he will not be brought back."

Hallelujah!

ark steel

Reaction score

Could you begin pulling for the Habs, now? kkthx