• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins *******!

Spike

Reaction score
Dressing down Rossi has been LONG overdue, but I can never forgive JR for trading away Despres.

yep - the story has gone viral- even hockey fans in Saskatoon Saskatchewan are having a good laugh

CDIjVbqWMAAEd7a.jpg

Spike

Reaction score
let the rumor mill begin

here we go...

JIM RUTHERFORD WILL BE REMOVED AS GM THIS OFFSEASON

We’ve confirmed that Jim Rutherford is out as GM the minute the season ends, unless the season somehow ends in a Cup run.

According to at least two people with knowledge of the situation, Rutherford will be asked to resign to avoid public perception that the Penguins will have fired their second GM in as many seasons.
It is believed that Bill Guerin is the lead candidate to fill the spot.

Rutherford’s mishandling of the salary cap down the stretch is reportedly one factor that has led to this situation

http://thepensblog.com/2015-archive...ord-will-be-removed-as-gm-this-offseason.html

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Good riddance! Was a bad hire. Let Guerin bring in his own staff, even though, I don't know how much he knows about being a GM. Can't be much worse, as he's been around hockey his whole life. I wonder if MJ will be safe.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
What free agent of any value would want to come to Pittsburgh. The Pens will soon be a frobidden team in players' no trade clauses.

Spike

Reaction score
Let Guerin bring in his own staff, even though, I don't know how much he knows about being a GM. Can't be much worse, as he's been around hockey his whole life. .

Really?

Seriously. What the hell has Guerin done that gets him a General Manger job in the National Hockey League? Why does this team value 'experience' except where it actually matters?

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
All complete speculation. The season is still going on, were they eliminated and I missed it?

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Really?

Seriously. What the hell has Guerin done that gets him a General Manger job in the National Hockey League? Why does this team value 'experience' except where it actually matters?

Did you miss the part where I asked what does he know about being a GM? If that's Mario's choice, since they are buddies, I guess we will have to swallow the hire(if it happens at all) like we did with Rutherford. My personal choice would be Jason Bottirill. There are rumors out there that he suggested Rutherford NOT to make a lot of the deals and signings, but JR went ahead anyway with the Spaling contract, Erhoff signing and Lovejoy and Winnik trades.

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
It appears that Rutherford and Johnston will be retained, no matter what, after the season. In Dejan We Trust!

Spike

Reaction score
So this is a Rossi vs. DK prediction circus

Should be fun

Spike

Reaction score
Oh, and the reason for the ice cream quip is because Rossi's parents own a string of Dairy Queens

or so I heard

Spike

Reaction score
Here we go

Josh Yohe ✔
Not much going on at the skate. Looks like Wilson will play in place of Bennett again.

Spike

Reaction score
My pee pee is hard, we can do this

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
It appears that Rutherford and Johnston will be retained, no matter what, after the season. In Dejan We Trust!

I mean really, the rumor was from Pensblog. Personally, I think Rutherford was a terrible hire, but we are stuck with him now.

Vader

Reaction score
Another inept offensive showing. Losing 2-1 in OT. Game set match.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we have a losing record in playoff at home since consol has been the home. We suck at home in the playoffs.

Spike

Reaction score
what an uninspired effort

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Rutherford was a bad hire and I would show him the door the second the season ends, but that doesn't excuse that hack Rossi for writing that in the paper. Pretty lame on all accounts, but it did get his name out there.

Spike

Reaction score
Our AHLers are our best players on D, might as well bring Kapanen, Megna, Farnham...whoever, up. Let them try and score our 1 goal a game.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
The Rangers are a better team. ......period. What more can be said.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I'm not thinking the Rangers are all that. A healthy Pens team (like we had at the beginning of the season) would beat them pretty handily, imo. Look at the scores.......2-1, 4-3, 2-1, 2-1........I think we need to understand that a few calls or non calls in the Pens favor could have changed this series completely as well. Seriously may be the worst officiated series in memory. Not trying to be too much of a homer, or a Sammy Sunshine but that's the way I see it.

This team is completely decimated by injuries, has been screwed royally trade and cap wise by current "management" and officiating but they have really gutted things out in this series. As I've mentioned they're playing the Presidents Trophy winners and have been very, very competitive over the first 4, which is realistically more than I expected given their stretch run. It is what it is.

I'm actually pretty proud of the effort(s) by the players through this series. Regardless of how this season ends I see help from the minors,,,,the return of Maatta, Dupers(?), Letang (again?), etc. give me hope for next year.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm not thinking the Rangers are all that. A healthy Pens team (like we had at the beginning of the season) would beat them pretty handily, imo. Look at the scores.......2-1, 4-3, 2-1, 2-1........I think we need to understand that a few calls or non calls in the Pens favor could have changed this series completely as well. Seriously may be the worst officiated series in memory. Not trying to be too much of a homer, or a Sammy Sunshine but that's the way I see it.

This team is completely decimated by injuries, has been screwed royally trade and cap wise by current "management" and officiating but they have really gutted things out in this series. As I've mentioned they're playing the Presidents Trophy winners and have been very, very competitive over the first 4, which is realistically more than I expected given their stretch run. It is what it is.

I'm actually pretty proud of the effort(s) by the players through this series. Regardless of how this season ends I see help from the minors,,,,the return of Maatta, Dupers(?), Letang (again?), etc. give me hope for next year.

for the most part, this is how I feel, too. Comparing the last month or two of the season to this series, I'm not quite upset how they are competing. The results may not be there, but they are trying. The games are not perfectly played, but the Rangers have had breakdowns, as well. Add one or two of those important pieces that are injured and this series could be tied up, at least. The Rangers are a good team. Can't deny them that. Will they beat MON, WASH or NYI? Not sure, but those series will be fun to watch.

Steel G

Reaction score
This team is a mess and I'll not try to find solace in "moral victories" and close games nor will I use injuries as an excuse in yet another failed season, one of which is perhaps more disastrous than the previous ones. Shake ups in players, coaches, management...a new building, nothing seems to help this team. Fleury, Crosby, Letang and Malkin were supposed to be the nucleus of multiple Cups, not just one that occurred 6 years ago now. And this year the team has slid even further down the hill than before. Maybe Rutherford should be the one selling ice cream.