• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They’re just not very good this season.
Since they’re tied into the core group it’s time to start trading off the other pieces. Rust, Dumoulin etc.
IMHO, being tied to the core group is the reason they are in the position they’re in. You can move other pieces, but the return isn’t going to be great. No team is going to want any player in the bottom six, and even if they did what are you going to get in return for any of them?

So what does that leave? Rust, Rakell, Zucker, Guentzel, Dumo, Joseph. I don’t see them moving Guentzel or Joseph, and I don’t think you’ll get a return on any of the others that makes the Pens a better team.

I think they’re stuck, and until the team is free of some of these contracts they’re going to remain stuck.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
IMHO, being tied to the core group is the reason they are in the position they’re in. You can move other pieces, but the return isn’t going to be great. No team is going to want any player in the bottom six, and even if they did what are you going to get in return for any of them?

So what does that leave? Rust, Rakell, Zucker, Guentzel, Dumo, Joseph. I don’t see them moving Guentzel or Joseph, and I don’t think you’ll get a return on any of the others that makes the Pens a better team.

I think they’re stuck, and until the team is free of some of these contracts they’re going to remain stuck.
Yes I agree but realistically the core group isn’t going anywhere.

Just gonna have to stomach some bad hockey.
It happened with Detroit. Pens look to be on the same path

str8liner

Reaction score
Yes I agree but realistically the core group isn’t going anywhere.

Just gonna have to stomach some bad hockey.
It happened with Detroit. Pens look to be on the same path

Yep and it's been years since they have even sniffed the playoffs. They did the first round and out thing several years prior to that too just like the Pens have been doing.....

You can't let a team get old and slow trying to hang on to your Superstars in todays NHL.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep and it's been years since they have even sniffed the playoffs. They did the first round and out thing several years prior to that too just like the Pens have been doing.....

You can't let a team get old and slow trying to hang on to your Superstars in todays NHL.
That’s been the nhl’s model of running a franchise for some reason. Detroit did it. The Pens are the current prime example. So are the washington capitals.

If I were a gm. I’d definitely give my draft picks a chance. There is talent at the ahl level but I think coaches at the nhl level have their faves.

Sullivan was never afraid to play young guys. But looking back on it those young guys were on his squad when he was the coach down in WBS. He got too comfy with the aging.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I suppose we get to watch it die slowly. Oh well. Thanks for the cups and memories.

It may be a long time before the Pens find themselves hoisting the cup again.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose we get to watch it die slowly. Oh well. Thanks for the cups and memories.

It may be a long time before the Pens find themselves hoisting the cup again.
That’s the nhl. Teams who go years in a win it all attitude often suffer as their core group ages. It’s not a shock.

I do think these guys have one more cup in them. But the supporting cast has to be faster. Sullivan’s system is built on speed which is something the Penguins do not have.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like the penguins are going to blow another game. They where up 2-1 and are now down 3-2 halfway thru the 3rd

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s pretty much obvious. They just suck.
I watch cause I’m a fan. I don’t have expectations for them this season.
Pretty sure we just lost the last place in the wild card tonight.

This year is over. Glad we didn't buy the center ice package this year.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure we just lost the last place in the wild card tonight.

This year is over. Glad we didn't buy the center ice package this year.
Does center ice still exist? I thought the nhl did away with that with their espn deal?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Does center ice still exist? I thought the nhl did away with that with their espn deal?
No, but ESPN has the product now. I'm just too lazy to find out what it's called before posting.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
No, but ESPN has the product now. I'm just too lazy to find out what it's called before posting.
Lol.

I believe if you have disney plus or whatever it is….you get the espn plus in that which carries the games.

Depending on your entertainment taste. A lot cheaper than its center ice deal awhile back

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol.

I believe if you have disney plus or whatever it is….you get the espn plus in that which carries the games.

Depending on your entertainment taste. A lot cheaper than its center ice deal awhile back
I have Disney plus...not aware of espn plus being available though?

As for the Pens...I haven't watched in awhile, but they either get out played and win or outplay the opponent and lose?..
Anyway, that's what it seems by reading about the games and looking at the stats...especially offensive zone possession and shots on goal..

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score

As for the Pens...I haven't watched in awhile, but they either get out played and win or outplay the opponent and lose?..
Anyway, that's what it seems by reading about the games and looking at the stats...especially offensive zone possession and shots on goal..
They are very much outplaying opponents for two periods. It sucks how the Pens wait until four minutes left in a game, down by one or two, to get serious.

Disney can bite a root. Zero interest in their woke garbage.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

The Pens are horrible this year

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
This guy needs punched in the suck hole and dropped into the AHL. He SUCKS!
licensed-image

str8liner

Reaction score
After Jarrys game winning assist I turned it off last night. You can give him a pass for being rusty I guess but a couple of those goals were pretty soft too.

And what's with the big brawl last night? Are we a tough team now? Funny, they are not fast, and not big physical, and they always let a team like the Islanders beat the crap out of them.

They don't have any identity now. They are a team that beats up on the cupcakes and teams that are playing bad, but as soon as they come up against the better teams they fold like a cheap suit. Can't put 3 periods of play together to win a game anymore.

They really need to blow this thing up and get to full on rebuilding.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Too many turnovers off bad passes. They lack the drive to play complete games consistently. Power play what is that, just awful this year. Two goals in what a minute, seems to be how they have played all year, have a lead then give up cheap goal and lose. I guess time has caught up to this team, and it shows. We have been spoiled at playoff time, but it will be all they have to get there this year. Go Pens.

Reactions: MTC