• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a good game tonight. I know it's against the Ducks, but we are in control.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
But DeSmith has given up two in The last few minutes of the game.

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
Travelled up with daghter to see the game last night. Her treat.
It was a blast!

... and a sea of B&G!!

Attachments

• 36EA5537-1308-4E11-9A8C-2C53026D9974.jpeg
    36EA5537-1308-4E11-9A8C-2C53026D9974.jpeg
    999 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a blast!

... and a sea of B&G!!
I bet! Lots of our fans there. Good dad move!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a blast!

... and a sea of B&G!!
You picked the correct west coast game. We turned it off after the second period. 5-0 Kings.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Officiating definitely sucked *** tonight.
Sid got ejected in the 3rd period as well.

Was an odd nhl game. Had some nfl $$$ vibes

str8liner

Reaction score
You picked the correct west coast game. We turned it off after the second period. 5-0 Kings.

I was lucky enough to fall asleep after the first...Back to back and starting the game literally at 11:00 Eastern I figured it wouldn't end well.

Why does the NHL do stupid crap like that on the weekends? Common sense would tell you since the game is on a Saturday, and the east is 3 hours behind you could at least start at 5 or 6 west coast time.

You are asking a lot for a eastern team to show up on the west coast and play back to back games like that.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Kings were an easy bet last night.

Its not often a hockey team coming off a 11 day rest period plays another team that played 24 hours prior, and after traveling to west coast a couple days before..

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
Anyway, one of the highlights of our lives...my kids and I touched the Stanley Cup the last time the Pens had it in their possession.

another personal highlight, I accidentally knocked over Sylvester Stallone at a previous nhl game,,, dude is short.

Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. We dominate the NYI in their house, but lose in regulation.

This team is a mess. I bet we don't make the playoffs. Tomorrow is the devils. Put that down for a L also.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, not a good result tonight. That wrap around was cringe worthy. The Pens are stuck. They got no cap room and no assets to trade, unless they move one or more of the bloated contracts held by Geno, Letang, Rust, Kappanen or Dumolin. No one is trading for Carter, so they are stuck with him. They should have started the rebuild this year.

Hanging on to a bunch of dinosaurs in a league that is bigger, faster and younger than the Pens seem willing to admit for the sake of nostalgia was a horrible mistake. It’s not how you be great.

Goaltending is an abomination. DeSmith is not the guy, Jarry seemingly can’t stay healthy for long, and there is no relief in the organization to be found.

On top of that, the years spent trading assets and quality prospects to win now are coming home to roost. There is jack **** in WBS, they are against the cap and hamstrung by players they can’t trade all because they thought the “ big 3” could take them to the promised land just one more time when it’s been obvious they couldn’t since the day they traded for Brassard.

They need to swallow the bitter pill and start looking at the future. They aren’t winning the Stanley Cup with this roster and likely aren’t even getting a chance by making the playoffs. It’s been a great run for a lot of years but it’s over. The longer they wait, the worse it will be. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, and the Pens have several.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
They should’ve got rid of Carter in the offseason.
Their best bet is getting value for Rust, Dumoulin, Kappanen.

Sid, Geno and Letang are not going anywhere. I’m ok with them retiring at their terms. They’ve earned it. Maybe I’m just getting old, but the losses haven’t bothered me as much.

They showed life in last seasons playoff performance. But it’s been a theme since the Brassard trade that they cannot just hold onto a lead.

Oh well. Should make for an interesting change of something. Idk yet. But they are what they are

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
If I was king for a day, I would attempt to move Malkin, Letang, Rust, Dumo, Kapanen and maybe Rakell. Not to win this year, but to gain prospects and picks to build for the future. It is the only way.

str8liner

Reaction score
If I was king for a day, I would attempt to move Malkin, Letang, Rust, Dumo, Kapanen and maybe Rakell. Not to win this year, but to gain prospects and picks to build for the future. It is the only way.

They just signed Malkin and Letang so that wont happen. I would be fine if they could get something for Rust and Dumo at this point, I think they are on the decline, and Kapanen has never been anything worth keeping either. Rakell is very good with Jake and Sid so I wouldn't move him.

They need to make some sort of move to try and get a decent goaltender because Jarry cant stay healthy for a week, and Desmith can't play a complete game without letting 5 or 6 in. Some of that last night wasn't his fault but that wrap around goal was the worst. I just don't know if anything will be out there to improve the situation....

They are the oldest team in the NHL so if they don't start "building for the future" its going to get pretty ugly, pretty quick. I think the age factor is what causes games like last night where they look unstoppable in the first and second, then they get run over in the 3rd.

Doesn't bode very well with a back to back against one of the youngest teams in the NHL tonight in the Devils either.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
They just signed Malkin and Letang so that wont happen. I would be fine if they could get something for Rust and Dumo at this point, I think they are on the decline, and Kapanen has never been anything worth keeping either. Rakell is very good with Jake and Sid so I wouldn't move him.

They need to make some sort of move to try and get a decent goaltender because Jarry cant stay healthy for a week, and Desmith can't play a complete game without letting 5 or 6 in. Some of that last night wasn't his fault but that wrap around goal was the worst. I just don't know if anything will be out there to improve the situation....

They are the oldest team in the NHL so if they don't start "building for the future" its going to get pretty ugly, pretty quick. I think the age factor is what causes games like last night where they look unstoppable in the first and second, then they get run over in the 3rd.

Doesn't bode very well with a back to back against one of the youngest teams in the NHL tonight in the Devils either.
Spot on

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

They’re just not very good this season.
Since they’re tied into the core group it’s time to start trading off the other pieces. Rust, Dumoulin etc.

str8liner

Reaction score
They’re just not very good this season.
Since they’re tied into the core group it’s time to start trading off the other pieces. Rust, Dumoulin etc.

Carter with the exception of face offs has been a boat anchor when he is on the ice too I noticed.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Boy that was disappointing last night. Give up 5 goals on 28 shots..geesh. Can't hold a lead for ****. The writing is on the wall.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I could be wrong but I think they need to unload upper management and find someone who isn't afraid to make the tough decisions with respect to the players they have on the roster. Neither Burke or Hexstall have shown any sort of guidance other than maintain the status quo...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think they need to unload upper management and find someone who isn't afraid to make the tough decisions with respect to the players they have on the roster. Neither Burke or Hexstall have shown any sort of guidance other than maintain the status quo...
I think it’s more Burke.

Onto today’s game. That kicking motion rule sucks arse