• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Patriots are not scary

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse. The Pats WR pushoff/ no calls or Richard Sherman PI no calls.
I'll raise you an every time Brady is tackled to the ground he looks up directly at the ref. One last night was so ****** stupid, if I could have reached through the tv and kicked him in the balls, I would have. (mind you I would do that at any opportunity) He was literally tackled milliseconds after throwing and it was a very basic hit. His default is literally being a VAG.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll raise you an every time Brady is tackled to the ground he looks up directly at the ref. One last night was so ****** stupid, if I could have reached through the tv and kicked him in the balls, I would have. (mind you I would do that at any opportunity) He was literally tackled milliseconds after throwing and it was a very basic hit. His default is literally being a VAG.

yep that roughing the passer penalty soon after he had a vag moment, was ridiculous.........

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
But it was the one after the penalty that really had me puking. It was about as fair, legal and soft as you can get. If I was the ref, I'd do exactly what I do when I ref here. I'd quietly say, if you are going to ***** and look at me after a hit that I deem fair, I'm pushing the acceptable roughness one peg further.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
yep that roughing the passer penalty soon after he had a vag moment, was ridiculous.........

Hell, Edelman was getting in on the act too. Pushed off on a defender to try to make a catch and the defender was still able to defend the ball. In the process Edelman fell down (on his own). He gets back up looking for a flag and when one isn't thrown, promptly heads towards the ref bitching and yelling. **** those whining, cheating asshats.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers have to get pressure on Lil TomTom. He gets frustrated and then happy feet. Lil TomTom doesn't like the big guys hitting him.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Texans were in the game until the 4th quarter. This gives me hope.

steel shinin

Reaction score
Never underestimate the cheatiness of the cheatriots... 2001 and 2004 we were better too...

The Steelers were starting Kordell Stewart and Ben (a rookie) those years......those guys both **** the bed for obvious reasons.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Brady's safety blanket is Ettleman. They have their timing down! Ettleman needs hit at the LOS every play to disrupt that timing. If you disrupt it, you disrupt that offense.

Spike

Reaction score
Brady won easily with no running game from Blount and no Gronk - you should be scared.

He started throwing lob ball Flacco deep bombs when they took away the short passes, he went back to short passes on the outside when they backed up to cover deep.

Forget the defense stopping him at all. That's delusional.

WE need 40+ points to win, period.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Brady won easily with no running game from Blount and no Gronk - you should be scared.

He started throwing lob ball Flacco deep bombs when they took away the short passes, he went back to short passes on the outside when they backed up to cover deep.

Forget the defense stopping him at all. That's delusional.

WE need 40+ points to win, period.
Not scared by them. We won't need 40 points to beat them.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If we end up playing the Patfucks, if I'm Tomlin I request a pre-game meeting with officials (if there's such a thing) and point out rampant and consistant pushing off by Pats Wr's. Looks like they're coached to do it, slightly nudge Cb's and S's before reaching to catch the ball. Happens on damn near every play. In other words, offensive pass interference.

But who cares at this point. We should all have singular focus and that's finding a way to beat the Chiefs tonight. Go Steelers!

The are coached to, and get away with, play just over the line...consistently. Cheating wins championships.

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score

OK - maybe we'll need 50 - he will rape this defense, we don't even have half the pass rush the Texans had, they kept him uncomfortable and he still shredded their secondary. Did you even watch all the game? They came out in the second half with a whole new offense, you know we never make adjustments like that.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Just because the Texans was the best statistically, D. Doesn't mean another D can't out perform them.

So I agree not necessarily 40 points.

But long TOP drives that end with TDs over FGs.
Win the turnover battle.

and that includes today's game....

also the Texans pressed close to the LOS, the Steelers play off and make them earn those drives...

Texans gave up too many splash plays obviously.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I watched the whole game and if the Texans had half a QB and their receivers didn't drop the ball so much it would have been there for the taking. I think you have to live with the big plays, but try to make him uncomfortable and get some turnovers. Even if Houston would have just not turned the ball over themselves that would have been a very close game.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
OK - maybe we'll need 50 - he will rape this defense, we don't even have half the pass rush the Texans had, they kept him uncomfortable and he still shredded their secondary. Did you even watch all the game? They came out in the second half with a whole new offense, you know we never make adjustments like that.
Can't live in your fears like that! We just disagree on how well we stack up against Marcia and company. I hope we get the chance to settle it.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Some of you are looking ahead to the Patriots...I'm worried about who we'll be playing from the NFC!

By the way, who I look ahead to has zero influence over the result today.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of you are looking ahead to the Patriots...I'm worried about who we'll be playing from the NFC!

of course

I think it is hypothetical with the majority

as most know todays game could go either way..

hopefully it is our way

Steelerddan

Reaction score

Did you watch the game? Brady was horrible most of the game, he completed less than 50% of his passes and 2 int. A halfway decent QB would of beaten the pats yesterday. If Brady plays like that next week the Chiefs of Steelers beat them.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score

However, where I watch it will affect the outcome, as discussed in another thread.

Spike

Reaction score
Can't live in your fears like that! We just disagree on how well we stack up against Marcia and company.

I just callem like i seeum, he will pick our zone D apart with no pass rush.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I just callem like i seeum, he will pick our zone D apart with no pass rush.

during the winning streak the pass rush has improved

so perhaps"no" pass rush is a slight exaggeration

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
If we get the Pats, come after Brady all day with different blitzes and on O just go full throttle no huddle quick pace and try to put up 40. Mist teams are afraid to blitz Brady, and they try to possess the ball to keep it away from him.

Spike

Reaction score
If we get the Pats, come after Brady all day with different blitzes and on O just go full throttle no huddle quick pace and try to put up 40..

Mix it up everywhere - a 10 yd cushion zone all day long won't make it