• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Patriots are not scary

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Brock assholer sucked ***, like he does, but Houston exposed the Pats as just a better than average team. Not a team that can beat the Steelers.

We get past KC, we win the Super Bowl.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
This is what I learned tonight if the Steelers win tomorrow. If the Steelers do what they have been doing they are going to lose by 10 or more. Almost for sure. That being vacating the middle of the field. You have to put your best cover guys on their slots and ****** bring it. Houston had two problems. They didn't have enough offense and they tried to mix it up. Screw that. You need to bring them up to the line every play and bring it 2/3 of the time. If you drop coverage you get torched. Bring it and live with the big play. It will be quicker and you get the ball.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
They put up 27 (+7 KR) points on the #1 defense in the NFL. Nothing was exposed. They are good.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
They put up 27 (+7 KR) points on the #1 defense in the NFL. Nothing was exposed. They are good.

Yeah this....Houston had a good pass rush and hit Brady many times and got 2 ints. They still managed to score 27 points on 0. Our pass rush is much improved, but I don't think it is at the Texans level. The Pats are good. I am sure we can score on them, but once again which offense will show up? We still have a really tough game coming up in KC. I sure hope the steelers aren't overlooking the chiefs

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
If we end up playing the Patfucks, if I'm Tomlin I request a pre-game meeting with officials (if there's such a thing) and point out rampant and consistant pushing off by Pats Wr's. Looks like they're coached to do it, slightly nudge Cb's and S's before reaching to catch the ball. Happens on damn near every play. In other words, offensive pass interference.

But who cares at this point. We should all have singular focus and that's finding a way to beat the Chiefs tonight. Go Steelers!

Last edited:

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw vulnerability too, we will need ( assuming we get to Foxboro ) to take Harrison off the field early and put "Silverback " in so he can put some lumps on Marsha. She don't like people putting their hands on her...and can be distracted into mistakes. Did you see all that blubbering when she did get hit ? I didn't see anything special in their OL but she sure had a lot of time on some of those throws.

Now .........first things first.

c1403f5d7ef349a98f2f13c240a2a240--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

GO STILLERS

Stewey

Reaction score
But who cares at this point. We should all have singular focus and that's finding a way to beat the Chiefs tonight. Go Steelers!

You're such a dork here too.. As if what the fans think has influence on the outcome of the game tonight.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Brock assholer sucked ***, like he does, but Houston exposed the Pats as just a better than average team. Not a team that can beat the Steelers.

We get past KC, we win the Super Bowl.

The Patriots looked a bit weaker than expected.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Never look ahead of your next opponent

Fortunately, none of us are playing tonight,

The Patriots are still a bad match up for the Steelers, as what they most excel at offensively is what the Steelers historically most struggle to stop.

I'd just be happy to see the Steelers get the opportunity with a win tonight,

Stewey

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ke-up-call/ar-AAlSAMG?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE13DHP

A home victory over the Chiefs or Steelers is all that stands in the way of the Pats making it to Super Bowl LI in Houston Feb. 5.

Swell. But if Saturday’s game made you feel good about your team, you must be wearing Tom Brady’s Under Armour pajamas. Call it a warning shot or a wake-up call. The sloppy slugfest furnishes fodder for those who wonder if the 2016-17 Patriots — now 15-2 — are championship-driven, or merely fortunate sons of the AFC East, the softest schedule in the league, and the presence of the ever-beatable Texans.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Never look ahead of your next opponent

lol who are you talking to? us, the fans on a message board, or the team?

*psssst* none of us here actually play or coach for the steelers, so i think the world will be okay if we have simple discussions on what COULD happen. . .

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If I was DC against them I'd put my best cover guys on Edelman and Amendola. Then I'd bring it a lot. I bet if you looked at the Seahawks game film you would see something like that. I think if you play a version of zone, Tampa Two give up this part of the field, you are ******. He will take it all night. The whole thing is about getting him off of his spot early and make him try to make something happen on the fly.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
If we end up playing the Patfucks, if I'm Tomlin I request a pre-game meeting with officials (if there's such a thing) and point out rampant and consistant pushing off by Pats Wr's. Looks like they're coached to do it, slightly nudge Cb's and S's before reaching to catch the ball. Happens on damn near every play. In other words, offensive pass interference.

I don't know what's worse. The Pats WR pushoff/ no calls or Richard Sherman PI no calls.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not assuming we stroll past the Chiefs...but like many the thought of the Pats looming is what consumes my football thoughts because we've failed so often against them.

So...what would the game plan be? I would bet my left nut the Steelers come out trying to run Bell to control the tempo. The Pats will expect it because that's what we do. Regardless of the level of success our running game has, we won't put 21 points on the board in the first half but the Pats will. I'm not saying we're destined to lose...I just...for once...would like the Steelers to say, "OK, lets make this our potent offense against yours and see who the last man standing is". Won't happen, but that would be fun to watch.

On the KC game...what's the over under on Ben throwing a bomb on 3rd and short?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ernie Adams is still employed by the Patriots.

There is pens that can video tape now.

So if there is even one of you that thinks that team has stopped cheating (get rid of two LBers and still the best D at not giving up points)

never a down year?

yeah I have some swamp land to sell yinz...

that team didn't stop cheating, they just learned how to be sneakier at it

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
You're such a dork here too.. As if what the fans think has influence on the outcome of the game tonight.
And you're an ******* here, there and everywhere.