• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Patriots are not scary

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
during the winning streak the pass rush has improved

so perhaps"no" pass rush is a slight exaggeration

Believe they led the league in sacks during that time. Still need to generate pressure as well, even if it doesn't result in sacks.

If we get the Pats, come after Brady all day with different blitzes and on O just go full throttle no huddle quick pace and try to put up 40. Mist teams are afraid to blitz Brady, and they try to possess the ball to keep it away from him.

We would need to get him on the move. Texans were very effective at doing this in the first half.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
during the winning streak the pass rush has improved

so perhaps"no" pass rush is a slight exaggeration

There has to be a constant pass rush. If it's not it's just like not having a pass rush at all. The Texans got after him fairly well, but when they did not, ,.....he completed 50 yard passes.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
There has to be a constant pass rush. If it's not it's just like not having a pass rush at all. The Texans got after him fairly well, but when they did not, ,.....he completed 50 yard passes.

two different schemes

perhaps the Steelers would mix in some different coverage.........

but yes you want consistent pressure

enough to win

however much that may be

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Patriots will always be scary so long as Brady behind center. That being said, they do look beatable. I think either Pittsburgh or Kansas City have the ability and potential to win there next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Spike

Reaction score
You know this is a jinx thread - I'm just here to balance the scale

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I'll raise you an every time Brady is tackled to the ground he looks up directly at the ref. One last night was so ****** stupid, if I could have reached through the tv and kicked him in the balls, I would have. (mind you I would do that at any opportunity) He was literally tackled milliseconds after throwing and it was a very basic hit. His default is literally being a VAG.
I shrieked in delight! Nothing is more entertaining then watching him melt down when he gets hit.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Brock assholer sucked ***, like he does, but Houston exposed the Pats as just a better than average team. Not a team that can beat the Steelers.

We get past KC, we win the lwoB repuS.

I told you guys this weeks ago. They are very beatable.

If we get to play them our only worry will be Tomlin finding a way to screw it up or Ben flinging picks left and right, both are very possible......but so is beating them.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Can you imagine Brady taking Matt Moore's hit? OMG I would stroke out from ecstasy.
And within moments Boston PD would be on the field to arrest Bud. Never happen though. Really Matt Moore contributed heavily there. He should have tucked the ball and got down or at least not stood like a statue.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Reaction score
If they do win and go on to play the Patriots, they need to be able to anticipate working without the aid of electronics. I don't want to see deer in then headlights looks when their headseats inevitably go out.

diver

Reaction score
Spike is right in a way. You can't spend too much time worrying about stopping the Pats. They will get theirs. You have to outscore them.

I think it is a bad idea to have a meeting with the refs about pushoffs. Brown does some of that, and you all know how it would go. Tomlin has a meeting, no Patriot gets called, but Brown would get called about 2-3 times.

You can't worry about the little cheating **** they do. Go into it expecting it will happen. Have the QB call the plays, then you don't have to worry about headsets.

Lastly, to beat the pats up there I think you have to be willing to lose 52-17 or something to win. I know that sounds crazy, but throw caution to the wind. Take chances. Blitz Brady's *** all the damn time. Hit him every chance you get. Take a few 15s if you have to. On offense, simplify. The reason the Pats are good on D is they throw a lot of crap at you, and they bank on the fact that somebody on the offense will screw up a read. Don't let it get to that. Simplify and hope your athletes can beat theirs.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Brady won easily with no running game from Blount and no Gronk - you should be scared.

He started throwing lob ball Flacco deep bombs when they took away the short passes, he went back to short passes on the outside when they backed up to cover deep.

Forget the defense stopping him at all. That's delusional.

WE need 40+ points to win, period.
You were right.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
yep, not scary at all. Our D, on the other hand, was a freakin' nightmare. It's funny reading some posts and threads after the fact. I'm not calling anyone out in particular, but sometimes, you just got to laugh.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
The pats continue to dominate us. Today after emotion is gone, it is a glaring fact. Out coached, out played, wanted to win way more than we did

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Yeah...the Pats were exposed by the Texans. LOL

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...the Pats were exposed by the Texans. LOL

Yeah, they were. Same game plan that the Giants use against them. If the Texans had anyone other than Brock Assholer at QB we would have been playing the Texans yesterday. Sadly, Tomlin and Co. are either too arrogant, stubborn, or stupid to replicate what other teams have done to frustrate the Pats*.

mdk2

Reaction score
Yeah, they were. Same game plan that the Giants use against them. If the Texans had anyone other than Brock Assholer at QB we would have been playing the Texans yesterday. Sadly, Tomlin and Co. are either too arrogant, stubborn, or stupid to replicate what other teams have done to frustrate the Pats*.

We also don't have Whitney Mercilus or Clowney on our line either. Those two guys single handedly almost pulled out an upset. Besides Hargrave, no one else was even close.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We also don't have Whitney Mercilus or Clowney on our line either. Those two guys single handedly almost pulled out an upset. Besides Hargrave, no one else was even close.

Our system is not about the DL, it is about the DL keeping blockers engaged so that blitzing LBs can get to the QB. Sadly, our LBs were running all over the field in zone coverage instead of applying pressure to the QB.

Spike

Reaction score
Spike is right

Defense is irrelevant - scoring 40+ a game is the only way!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget drafting - ALL top draft picks should go to offense!!!!!!!!

Quit wasting valuable draft picks on more stiffs on defense. Buy one or two pass rush specialty FA's, just enough to slow em down.

ALL OFFENSE is the future - Just like I perdicted!

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
They just toyed with our anus. As a heterosexual man, that's some pretty scary ****.

str8liner

Reaction score
You know what, after watching the second half awhile ago I think the Steelers play like complete and utter ****, more so than the Patriots played great.

I just got done watching some of the second half since I got pissed and decided to listen to it on the radio last night, and I have to say that has to be the most uninspired playoff game I have ever seen the Steeler's play. Listening to it on the radio didn't do it justice. That was a complete joke of a performance. You have to give the Patriots credit, but I can just about guarantee the Falcons wont lay an egg like that in the Superbowl. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons truck their *****.

At least I hope they do anyways.