• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

On to round two

bigben

Reaction score
They might have to give up next years first to achieve a high second. Is everyone good with that? I am most certainly not.
Kahn would really have to pull out a deal here.

sure was exciting last year having that first pick in the second !
Give up a first for a second? They would never consider that.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I said it yesterday, I think we move up in this round to grab our new OC.

I prefer Frazier but something tells me that JPJ is the next great OC for us. The OL will be elite by adding a stronger and mobile OC. JPJ is that man.

WR is the next concern. I'm not changing my preference here either. Jermaine Burton is a proven commodity as the #2 WR in an offensive scheme. He's played with and v against top talent in SEC and he reminds me of Hines Ward.

I'll wait and see how it all plays out but this is my wishlist for tonight...

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

I prefer Frazier but something tells me that JPJ is the next great OC for us. The OL will be elite by adding a stronger and mobile OC. JPJ is that man.

WR is the next concern. I'm not changing my preference here either. Jermaine Burton is a proven commodity as the #2 WR in an offensive scheme. He's played with and v against top talent in SEC and he reminds me of Hines Ward.

But we just signed Arthur Smith...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Hines Ward never punched a female fan of the opposing team after a loss.

Malachi Corley is our target.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe WR Troy Franklin Oregon 3rd round

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I don't think this is accurate.
I've seen next year's firsts to move up into the 1st round of a draft, but not a next year's first for a 2nd rounder.
It would have to be multiple picks this year. though.
The rough equivalent of a pick in next years draft is the round before this years draft, so if the Steelers didn’t have any capital left in this years draft, it would be customary to use next years first round pick to acquire a second round pick.

Buster

Reaction score
The rough equivalent of a pick in next years draft is the round before this years draft, so if the Steelers didn’t have any capital left in this years draft, it would be customary to use next years first round pick to acquire a second round pick.
Hate it.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
And then we go 0-17.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
WRs have been flying off the board. We better get one in the 2nd round, Center will have to wait. Unless a trade is happening of course
Agree, I'm guessing wr. Maybe Nouzard later tonight.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
If I understand the points correctly, if the Steelers want to jump say to 39 (510 points), it would take their 51 (390 points) and an additional 120 points or approximately their pick at 98 (108 points)

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
An OC would be very nice, but a WR (value equal) would be very nice too.!!!

I think quality C can still be had in the 3a pick. Or possibly combine the two 3rds and move up.

Salute the nation
Well last time they tried a 3rd-round center pick we ended up with Green! Let's try to avoid a reoccurrence of THAT!

Steelmann

Reaction score
That’s what I based post #8 on. Especially if you are moving up to the top picks of the second round.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless there is a run on WR's, I'd like to see them pick up one of the 2 remaining centers (maybe even Beebe), or a corner, or DT.

There still seems to be a lot of talent left at the WR spot as opposed to the other 3 positions.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Bringing in the Michigan Wolverines was a cool idea. The kids, too.

Bringing in Rogie-poo was stupid.