• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

On to round two

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Carolina and Washington both have 2 picks early in the 2nd round, hopefully Kahn is working his magic to try and get one of them to part with their pick. 33, 36, 39 or 40, any of those should get the Center they are looking for, especially #33.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Carolina and Washington both have 2 picks early in the 2nd round, hopefully Kahn is working his magic to try and get one of them to part with their pick. 33, 36, 39 or 40, any of those should get the Center they are looking for, especially #33.
If they could snag Troy and Jackson Powers-Johnson, that'd be the same as snagging 2 first round OL in my mind. Troy was a top 12 player for me, and JPJ was a top 20. Unbelievable that it could be possible

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
An OC would be very nice, but a WR (value equal) would be very nice too.!!!

I think quality C can still be had in the 3a pick. Or possibly combine the two 3rds and move up.

Salute the nation

Steelmann

Reaction score
If they could snag Troy and Jackson Powers-Johnson, that'd be the same as snagging 2 first round OL in my mind. Troy was a top 12 player for me, and JPJ was a top 20. Unbelievable that it could be possible
They might have to give up next years first to achieve a high second. Is everyone good with that? I am most certainly not.
Kahn would really have to pull out a deal here.

sure was exciting last year having that first pick in the second !

ianv2012

Reaction score
They might have to give up next years first to achieve a high second. Is everyone good with that? I am most certainly not.
Kahn would really have to pull out a deal here
Idk, we'll see I guess, but with both JPJ and Frazier still on the board one could get close enough for an easier strike

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think this is accurate.
I've seen next year's firsts to move up into the 1st round of a draft, but not a next year's first for a 2nd rounder.
It would have to be multiple picks this year. though.

Steelmann

Reaction score
I don't think this is accurate.
I've seen next year's firsts to move up into the 1st round of a draft, but not a next year's first for a 2nd rounder.
It would have to be multiple picks this year. though.
You could be right here…..but we also can’t do that either. ( multiple picks). Need too much.
We will see. Kahn is no dummy.
cheers

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
2nd round - JPJ, Chris Braswell or T'Vondre Sweat

3A - Roman Wilson, Malachi Corley or Johnny Wilson
3B - Nourzad

third round picks pending no one sliding

madinsomniac

Reaction score

sure was exciting last year having that first pick in the second !
Based on the trade after our pick last year as well as tge draft charts, we would likely have to give up around our second, plus our best third rounder and maybe a lower pick if there is any bidding to get into the top of the second....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Based on the trade after our pick last year as well as tge draft charts, we would likely have to give up around our second, plus our best third rounder and maybe a lower pick if there is any bidding to get into the top of the second....
So a swap and a third and 6th perhaps? I would do they would still have a third, 4th and a 6th.

Take a C then a WR in the 3rd and 4th a corner, whatever in the 6th and call it a day.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I think JPJ could slide to 51 and we could actually pass on him favoring someone later in the draft. Not saying the would pass but if I am reading the tea leaves right, they are not as worried about center as the fans are. They seem to have a plan already.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think JPJ could slide to 51 and we could actually pass on him favoring someone later in the draft. Not saying the would pass but if I am reading the tea leaves right, they are not as worried about center as the fans are. They seem to have a plan already.

All a possibility, for sure.

Are the tea leaves wet or dry ?

Salute the nation

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
All a possibility, for sure.

Are the tea leaves wet or dry ?

Salute the nation
Wet. I have an aversion to smoke.
My gut says they are prioritizing other positions and will bring in Connor Williams with the cap space they just freed up and then draft a late 3rd or fourth round prospect and give them a year to develop behind Williams and Herbig.

Steelmann

Reaction score
So a swap and a third and 6th perhaps? I would do they would still have a third, 4th and a 6th.

Take a C then a WR in the 3rd and 4th a corner, whatever in the 6th and call it a day.
Every team in the NFL knows we need a center. I can see others swooping in before us. And maybe Lebanon is right. They might have a plan-in place. Someone refresh my memory. Was Cole due a roster bonus before the draft? Must have. Not like they masked such an obvious need. I’ve been saying for a couple years now…..Daniels was ranked 3rd center I believe coming out of the draft. Maybe that’s their plan now that they have a couple more studs on the line. Maybe he’s resisting the change?
Shall be interesting.
Cheers.

Steelmann

Reaction score
WRs have been flying off the board. We better get one in the 2nd round, Center will have to wait. Unless a trade is happening of course
My worry definitely is a run on the WR’s with teams reaching and both centers gone. Which could very easily happen.
If it does I hope there’s a good valued CB or Dt for us.

KentuckySteeler

Reaction score
Bengals 2 spots ahead of us this round as well. Who will they take that we want?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bengals 2 spots ahead of us this round as well. Who will they take that we want?
we should be sending faxes, emails, FB messages, IG and Twitter DMs that we're 100% going to take Spencer Rattler with our "next" pick - accidentally sending them to the Bungles FO.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd actually be surprised if we don't move up into the top 10 of the 2nd round. If we can do it for a 4th, I'd go get someone at C or WR in a heartbeat.