• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Official Prediction Thread Steelers vs Chefs Part II

steelhurt

Reaction score
80% chance of freezing rain on Sunday in KC which will play a big factor. Could be a sloppy game if that's the case. I think if Green can play it gives us a much better chance so going on the assumption he plays and Ben has no issues with the aggravated old foot injury, I think we can win this game. It will be close though.

Steelers 17
Chiefs 14

bornafan

Reaction score
Going to be a tough one, but i think we get out early again and hold on...

Steelers - 27
Chiefs - 23

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers 33
Chefs 18

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I remember the 1993 blocked punt, OT, wild-card debacle all too well.

Chiefs 24, Steelers 17.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Haley's brightest, foot non-factor, Bs productions, D's stopping production, COMET........................31
Indecisive Chef cooking.......................................................................................................................23

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers 21
Chiefs 20

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know yet what the impact of Joey Porter's loss may be - or Ben's alleged injury. No 50 for KC is a demon. I'm thinking KC 30, Steelers 28; Hoping I'm wrong but I think KC's Hill gets loose; also, Moore chewed up the secondary and Alex is better than Moore.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We are on a roll. Kansas City to me is a tough team to beat, but not a team equipped to come back from behind or make big plays.

Our OL can neutralize their defensive front seven, but Ben needs to watch out for Peters, who's got top ball skills and instinct to intercept it.

On defense, Harrison and Dupree are playing well. Shazier and Timmons are looking very good, and the secondary hasn't given up many big plays...and KC is not known for making them. The DL with Tuitt back and an improving by the month Hargrave is making their share of plays too.

So I think we match up well. One concern is special teams. Their return game, particularly on punts is very impressive.

Bad weather is forecasted. As long as the team is no worse than -1 in turnovers and avoids dumb penalties / bad time outs, I think we win!

But the true X factor could be Ben's foot. I think he's all right, but we won't know how good it is until game time. I still can not believe Tomlin kept in Ben and Bell for as long as he did in such a hot-tempered game.

Steelers 20
Chiefs 13

Last edited:

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Don't know yet what the impact of Joey Porter's loss may be - or Ben's alleged injury. No 50 for KC is a demon. I'm thinking KC 30, Steelers 28; Hoping I'm wrong but I think KC's Hill gets loose; also, Moore chewed up the secondary and Alex is better than Moore.
Don't know yet what the impact of Joey Porter's loss may be - or Ben's alleged injury. Answer: NONE
I'm thinking KC 30, Steelers 28 Answer: How dare you even bring that sheet here?
Moore chewed up the secondary and Alex is better than Moore Answer: Chew away, it's a non factor as long as the Steelers score as well. Regardless of Matt Moore at QB for the Phish it was the same O Line that blocked & protected for Tannehill. The Steelers D did some nice sackin & pickin on that bunch doncha think?

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know yet what the impact of Joey Porter's loss may be - or Ben's alleged injury. Answer: NONE

Your opinion

I'm thinking KC 30, Steelers 28 Answer: How dare you even bring that sheet here?

I dare because I'm entitled to my opinion and prediction.

Moore chewed up the secondary and Alex is better than Moore Answer: Chew away, it's a non factor as long as the Steelers score as well. Regardless of Matt Moore at QB for the Phish it was the same O Line that blocked & protected for Tannehill. The Steelers D did some nice sackin & pickin on that bunch doncha think?

Yes, they did. Can they do the same against the KC OL and a QB that has playoff experience? We'll see. Am I the only one who is concerned about the ability of a QB with limited experience to complete over 80% of his passes?

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Crappy weather....drives stall....

Boz kicks 4 field goals.

Men of Steel - 19
Chefs - 13

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Yes, they did. Can they do the same against the KC OL and a QB that has playoff experience? We'll see. Am I the only one who is concerned about the ability of a QB with limited experience to complete over 80% of his passes?

Two points of view, opinions and a respectful dialogue.
This is good. We'll see on Sunday indeed.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
These two teams are playing differently on both sides of the ball since game 4.
In game 4 the Steelers benefitted from the Chiefs carelessness with the football and dropped passes.
That said the Steelers are running the ball more now than in game 4 and the O Line is also healthy and playing at a high level. The Chiefs that finished the 2016 season with a Defense rated #26 against the run will have to respect the Steelers running game and in that opportunities could be created. One thing is for sure our old friend Romeo Crennell will be peering over the top of his glasses and throwing everything at Bell, Brown and Ben so taking care of the football will be paramount.
The Special Teams matchup favors KC with that speedster Tyreek Hill. He could easily take one to the house; he's been doing it all season. Please somebody get this guy on the ground or lets have kickoffs that go out of the end zone!

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
. One thing is for sure our old friend Romeo Crennell will be peering over the top of his glasses and throwing everything at Bell,

Why are the Texans beating the Pats?