• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nevada Rancher

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
But wait, I thought they WERE already Americans just because they came here, that's what the argument from the politicians is. I am so confused.

Oh yeh, read this little statement and tell me it doesn't ring a bell someplace in your recent memory.

"Reid continued, "I think most people care about their reputation and I think he’s been exposed as somebody that has broken the law. The Nevada Cattlemen Association, which is the trade organization that advocates for cattlemen in the state of Nevada—not even they support Cliven Bundy at this point. We believe in a country in which we are subject to laws and you cant just ignore the laws we don’t like. I think clearly if state and local prosecutors look at this more closely, they’re going to find that he broke the law and he should be prosecuted."

Shh...don't say anything around Barry or Eric

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
"We can't have an American people that violate the law and just walk away from it."-Harry Reid

I sure hope that little nugget gets tossed back to Mr. Reid when immigration reform comes up again.

You also have to wonder about if he means Pols too. I mean you know those things in the Constitution like the Enclave Clause and prohibition against Ex Post Facto laws. God knows Dingey Harry doesn't think ethics and anti corruption laws apply to him.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Starting to think Reid etal are androids. How could they say some of the things they say with a straight face? They are completely insulated from reality and the rabble that we are cannot even ask them any questions........e mail that is read by interns is the closest any of we plebes can ever get to questioning these ********. The msm is in bed with them......no one will even say " Ummm....how can you even talk about the law given the recent history of your House and your own financial history"? ******* are enemies of the state.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeh, read this little statement and tell me it doesn't ring a bell someplace in your recent memory.

"Reid continued, "I think most people care about their reputation and I think he’s been exposed as somebody that has broken the law. The Nevada Cattlemen Association, which is the trade organization that advocates for cattlemen in the state of Nevada—not even they support Cliven Bundy at this point. We believe in a country in which we are subject to laws and you cant just ignore the laws we don’t like. I think clearly if state and local prosecutors look at this more closely, they’re going to find that he broke the law and he should be prosecuted."

Shh...don't say anything around Barry or Eric

you can stop this **** right now.
eric-holder.jpg

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
This is just the beginning if ya axe me...because this has been the “normal” status of things for generations, the enormity and significance of this picture often passes unnoticed and unconsidered by most Americans. But in our current economic crisis, and with mounting friction caused by imperial edicts emanating from federal agencies, many citizens and state and local governments are being forced to reevaluate our unbalanced federal relationship.

Here are the ugly facts of the federal government’s ownership of the lands in the Western states:

Nevada: 84.5 percent
Alaska: 69.1 percent
Utah: 57.4 percent
Oregon: 53.1 percent
Idaho: 50.2 percent
Arizona: 48.1 percent
California: 45.3 percent
Wyoming: 42.4 percent
New Mexico: 41.8 percent
Colorado: 36.6 percent
Washington: 30.3 percent
Montana: 29.9 percent

Yet, President Obama is following the example of his predecessors and unconstitutionally taking millions more acres in the Western states, under the pretext of protecting “endangered species.

Our Founding Fathers did not intend for new territories that would be admitted to statehood in the future to be unfairly shackled by the central government; they would not have countenanced that the people of Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Alaska, for instance, would be groveling under the thumbs of politicians from New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.

And as those politicians and bureaucrats continue to tighten their chokehold on the people who own and work the land, there will inevitably be conflict. Even peaceful, law-abiding people will not stand idly by while their own life’s work and that of their forebears is being taken by lawless officials.

Check out the US map of Federally occupied territory
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-the-west-why-more-bundy-standoffs-are-coming

Last edited:

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Chip,

Until the states start passing legislation to take over open land inside their states and forcing the National Governments hand on the Enclave Clause it ain't gonna change. The states probably won't do it though because they don't want to be cut off from the stream of OPM coming out of Mordor On The Potomac.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
DBS..I'm an admitted dumbass about this so I had to look it up. According to what I read, there are not too many areas effected by Enclave status.

In United States law, a "federal enclave" is a parcel of federal property within a state that is under the "Special Maritime and Territorial Jurisdiction of the United States."[1] As of 1960, the latest comprehensive inquiry,[2] only seven percent of federal property had enclave status, of which four percent (almost all in Alaska and Hawaii) was under "concurrent" state jurisdiction. The remaining three percent, on which some State laws do not apply, is scattered almost at random throughout the United States. In 1960, there were about 5,000 enclaves, with about one million people living on them.[3] These numbers would undoubtedly be lower today because many of these areas were military bases that have been closed and transferred out of federal ownership.

Under Evans, Congress has the power, if it chooses, to authorize the enforcement of all state laws on federal enclaves. It need not "retrocede" or "relinquish" federal jurisdiction. Instead, it can—to use Offutt Housing's language—simply "permit" all state laws to apply to all federal property regardless of "federal enclave" status.[46]

Also...For many years, it was believed that "the vast majority" of National Forests were not federal enclaves.[70] However, federal appeals courts in North Carolina, Michigan, and Oklahoma have recently ruled that "cession" statutes in each of those states ceded concurrent jurisdiction over National Forest lands acquired by the United States before February 1, 1940.[71] Depending on the wording of "cession" statutes in other states, these cases may mean that the United States has considerable concurrent "enclave" jurisdiction in National Forests.[72]

But it still remains beyond my comprehension how the Feds can "own" all that land ( 84% in Nevada ) within a State border ?

http://constitution.laws.com/article-4/federal-property

Last edited: