• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Muth - "We have no hot routes"

diver

Reaction score
That's even more ugly considering the garbage Noll and Cowher had at QB for long stretches. Tomlin is very lucky the pieces were all in place because the last 12 years have been Marvin 2.0 with a shiny hood ornament.
Look, I agree mostly with you. Please don't overlook that. However, the QB Tomlin had wasn't exactly clutch in the playoffs the last few times they were there. He threw some picks, while not many, they came at bad times. Look at the whole picture. Tomlin wasn't snapping balls over heads either, for example. Dammit, these were veterans that had to be counted on.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
We went 25 years without winning a Super Bowl with 2 hall of fame coaches at the wheel. I dont care about winning seasons vs seeing the team get better throughout the year. which they did.

and I know the next one everyone is going to say is the level of competition went down But unless they started playing college or high school teams they still finished the season 7-2 against NFL teams.
Oh no doubt they improved and I praise Tomlin for that. As far as 25 years that is true, but Noll was given a long leash and deservedly so for everything he did for the team and the city. That skews that number no doubt. Tomlin kept AB in line to get a lot of productivity out of him, he kept the team together after Ben's"The Devil went down to Georgia" moment:ROFLMAO: So I'm not all about bashing Tomlin. He's done alot of good things, I just think he will never get us over the top. He is what he is.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh no doubt they improved and I praise Tomlin for that. As far as 25 years that is true, but Noll was given a long leash and deservedly so for everything he did for the team and the city. That skews that number no doubt. Tomlin kept AB in line to get a lot of productivity out of him, he kept the team together after Ben's"The Devil went down to Georgia" moment:ROFLMAO: So I'm not all about bashing Tomlin. He's done alot of good things, I just think he will never get us over the top. He is what he is.
same. I would like a new HC. I personally hope they have a agreement in place with Flores to stay here 1 more year and then take over as HC. But Tomlin is not the horrible coach a lot of people think he is. He would be a saint in Cleveland with all the winning. but he is in Pittsburgh and we need more

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Look, I agree mostly with you. Please don't overlook that. However, the QB Tomlin had wasn't exactly clutch in the playoffs the last few times they were there. He threw some picks, while not many, they came at bad times. Look at the whole picture. Tomlin wasn't snapping balls over heads either, for example. Dammit, these were veterans that had to be counted on.
Geez.....Yeah....It was Ben's fault we lost those games. our D was on top of their game. SMH

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta give Tomlin credit for keeping ab in line lol

diver

Reaction score
Geez.....Yeah....It was Ben's fault we lost those games. our D was on top of their game. SMH
For the love, don't get your panties all twisted. Where did I say it was Ben's fault? The point is there is a shared responsibility in the outcomes of football games. I find this an easy concept to grasp, yet so hard for many of you on here.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
For the love, don't get your panties all twisted. Where did I say it was Ben's fault? The point is there is a shared responsibility in the outcomes of football games. I find this an easy concept to grasp, yet so hard for many of you on here.
"the QB Tomlin had wasn't exactly clutch"

Now I don't think my response came anywhere near my panties getting twisted and all, but I knew yours were going to when I posted my response to your post.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They wouldn't let Ben Roethlisberger, one of the top 10 all-time quarterbacks in most passer categories, call any audibles. F√©£ the hot routes. They wouldn't let him audible!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They wouldn't let Ben Roethlisberger, one of the top 10 all-time quarterbacks in most passer categories, call any audibles. F√©£ the hot routes. They wouldn't let him audible!

When I found that out, I knew as a definite, this OC / Coach / WAS ****-ED.

Salute the nation