• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Muth - "We have no hot routes"

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Let me add...

Coach
Seasons as Head Coach
Seasons with a Playoff Win
% of Seasons with a Playoff Win
Chuck Noll
23​
8​
35%​
Bill Cowher
15​
8​
53%​
Mike Tomlin
16​
4​
25%​
This should headline every Tomlin thread.

As what truly matters.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Let me add...

Coach
Seasons as Head Coach
Seasons with a Playoff Win
% of Seasons with a Playoff Win
Chuck Noll
23​
8​
35%​
Bill Cowher
15​
8​
53%​
Mike Tomlin
16​
4​
25%​

Thanks 448, combined with mine, you can see the coaching ability.

A-N-D

NO, Tomlin is not better than Chuck.

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Yeah I think there should be transparency about the decision but obviously there will not be. To me if I'm a 16 year head coach and the OC is foisted on me by the owner that's a problem but then again I'm sure Tomlin appreciates the cover Canada will provide.
Canada is a Tomlin guy he willing shielded from fans/ownership
Make no mistake about it Mikey wants his buddy here, not just for cover either

It’s what ya get when ya hire friends, it gets tricky to part ways

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

A-N-D

Salute the nation
Yeah got into a friendly argument debate with a friend who likes Tomlin. I said you know whoever wins the SB this season will have the same amount of playoff wins this year as Tomlin since 2010. He thought I made that up.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah got into a friendly argument debate with a friend who likes Tomlin. I said you know whoever wins the SB this season will have the same amount of playoff wins this year as Tomlin since 2010. He thought I made that up.

Your friend is a media driven sheeple FAN (believes what the media says). He listens / watches the media too much and takes them for gospel.

Just watching the game can tell you, especially watching the last three times we’ve actually been in the playoffs….

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They probably promised Butler a lot of stuff to have him stay. Looks like he got ripped off. By Tomlin? By Rooney?

I think Butler had been around long enough to into his DC promotion with EYES WIDE OPEN.

I think all internal promotions know what to expect.

Flores may have been hood-winked, but he was an outside hire off the streets.

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
No hot reads is just pure arrogance by the coordinator “you’re going to do it my way so I‘ll get all the credit!!!“ that’s a real problem not only on the steeler staff but also in the nfl… we pay for tickets to watch players not coaches!! And the ego freaks like tomlin and Canada hate that! Tomlin won’t hire great assistants because they might take away from his glory and Canada is just an out and out boob trying to implement a fake phony college offense in the pros. With the guys we have on the offensive line and a back the size and speed of Harris they should just be able to fall forward and gain yards but of course tomlin and Canada have them running toward the sidelines! I’ve never seen a team run and throw toward the sidelines as much as the Steelers!! Run The old steeler trap how about that?!?! No we can’t do that because it runs toward the goal line!!! Can’t do that!! No we got to sit through Canada’s bullshite! I’m all for keeping Canada as long as tomlin goes out door with him when we do fire him because we will be firing him he’s a total jackass!!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No hot reads is just pure arrogance by the coordinator “you’re going to do it my way so I‘ll get all the credit!!!“ that’s a real problem not only on the steeler staff but also in the nfl… we pay for tickets to watch players not coaches!! And the ego freaks like tomlin and Canada hate that! Tomlin won’t hire great assistants because they might take away from his glory and Canada is just an out and out boob trying to implement a fake phony college offense in the pros. With the guys we have on the offensive line and a back the size and speed of Harris they should just be able to fall forward and gain yards but of course tomlin and Canada have them running toward the sidelines! I’ve never seen a team run and throw toward the sidelines as much as the Steelers!! Run The old steeler trap how about that?!?! No we can’t do that because it runs toward the goal line!!! Can’t do that!! No we got to sit through Canada’s bullshite! I’m all for keeping Canada as long as tomlin goes out door with him when we do fire him because we will be firing him he’s a total jackass!!

Agree to some degree, But Coach Tomlin is currently here through 24' season. There is talk of a 2 yr. extension, putting him here through 26'.

I think he has taken us as far as he can, while we need new blood, I doubt it will happen soon.

100% agree on O'Canada.

Salute the nation

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Wedding Crashers had Hot Routes, Red 7 & Blue 17. Assuming it passes muster, maybe Tomlin will add a viewing to new hire onboarding.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree to some degree, But Coach Tomlin is currently here through 24' season. There is talk of a 2 yr. extension, putting him here through 26'.

I think he has taken us as far as he can, while we need new blood, I doubt it will happen soon.

100% agree on O'Canada.

Salute the nation

"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Welcome to the Hotel California.

Salute the nation

Steelmann

Reaction score
“we have no hot routes” - translation - > “Matt Canada is a dumb ****”
I guess this is the thing. I don’t really feel like joining in the MT bashing thread, but I just can’t help it when I read this type of statement.
You blame Canada, but where does the buck start and stop? Obviously the head coach would have to sign off on this or instruct it.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score

A-N-D

Salute the nation
That's even more ugly considering the garbage Noll and Cowher had at QB for long stretches. Tomlin is very lucky the pieces were all in place because the last 12 years have been Marvin 2.0 with a shiny hood ornament.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

A-N-D

Salute the nation
Wait a second.....Tomlin has never had a losing season!!!!!

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess this is the thing. I don’t really feel like joining in the MT bashing thread, but I just can’t help it when I read this type of statement.
You blame Canada, but where does the buck start and stop? Obviously the head coach would have to sign off on this or instruct it.
Thrown in the ownership then also.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's even more ugly considering the garbage Noll and Cowher had at QB for long stretches. Tomlin is very lucky the pieces were all in place because the last 12 years have been Marvin 2.0 with a shiny hood ornament.

AND

That argument of Cowher’s guys & Tomlin’s guys…….. is narrowed due to the fact that Tomlin’s PO record decreases as Cowher’s guys left.

I don’t care about the argument PRO or CON, just pointing out what has spilled out of the pudding box.

Salute the nation

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
AND

That argument of Cowher’s guys & Tomlin’s guys…….. is narrowed due to the fact that Tomlin’s PO record decreases as Cowher’s guys left.

I don’t care about the argument PRO or CON, just pointing out what has spilled out of the pudding box.

Salute the nation
4 out of 16 seasons is pretty ugly. Noll managed to win playoff games in 2 of his last 12 seasons and his very improbable playoff wins in Denver and Houston top anything Tomlin has done since 2011.

Heck, even the spirited loss against the Chargers in '82 and in the Orange Bowl in '84 vs All World Marino were way better losses than the humiliations Tomlin suffered at home vs Bortles and Mayfield -- not to mention the play 10 years off the ball suicide pact again at Gillette.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
4 out of 16 seasons is pretty ugly. Noll managed to win playoff games in 2 of his last 12 seasons and his very improbable playoff wins in Denver and Houston top anything Tomlin has done since 2011.

Heck, even the spirited loss against the Chargers in '82 and in the Orange Bowl in '84 vs All World Marino were way better losses than the humiliations Tomlin suffered at home vs Bortles and Mayfield -- not to mention the play 10 years off the ball suicide pact again at Gillette.
Lol. Bortles

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol I 100% bet that 1/3 of the posters in this thread did not know what a hot route was 1 week ago.