• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Moore at risk of losing job? I freakin' hope so!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, keep as a cheap backup for 1 more year, but that's it; he's consistently been the worst starting LT in the NFL for 3 years. Enough already. What's their obsession with him keeping his job? Don't want to admit he was a bad draft pick?
A late 4th round that can spot start at one of the most difficult positions in the game is not a bad pick

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I like your way of thinking here, but also have to question the Tomlin.

If Moore is moved to a gaurd position and excels, why the hellA was he ever put in as a LT, and for so long?

Salute the nation
Because popcorn. And eyelids.

Steelmann

Reaction score
I think Moore would be a very good LG. Maybe even better center. But he is set at LT. I feel Broderick Jones should easily beat him out in a fair battle and if the Steelers draft a capable RT Moore likely rides the bench, gets traded, and/or changes positions. If I was him I’d show versatility and play any position I can start at before going into free agency.

Down below was his pre draft buzz analysis. Not much has changed since the pro’s.​

Agreed?​

So,what in the world do you base your comment on that he” would be a very good LG”. And even”a better center” I might add that from my research he hasn’t started one game at C,in high school,college,or pros. Nothing to playing C ,right? Let’s just throw him in there. Maybe it’s your complete faith that he will be coached up?​

Mann oh Mann.​

Weaknesses​

• Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
  • Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
  • A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
  • Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
  • Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.

Last edited:

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Fully agree, on a good draft to happen they will need to be committed to trench workers 2 out of first four pick with one of those OL being a first or 2nd rounder.

I also know that O’Canada’s play calling let the defense know way more % of knowing the plays, not just from his habitual call, but also by the personnel put on the field. As a arm-chair QB it was easy for me to know, so I’m sure professionals on the field of play banked on knowing.

Salute the nation
We _COULD_ be on our way if Kahn/Weidl keep knocking it out of the park with shrewd personnel moves. We still have an inferior head coach but we will see if Kahn/Weidl team changes make a big difference.
A late 4th round that can spot start at one of the most difficult positions in the game is not a bad pick
A pick that rates as the very worst at his position for 3 straight years is not a great pick, regardless of whether the team foolishly starts him or not. Moore was rated as the worst starting LT for pretty much every year.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I like your way of thinking here, but also have to question the Tomlin.

If Moore is moved to a gaurd position and excels, why the hellA was he ever put in as a LT, and for so long?

Salute the nation
Because the regime was trying to deny the truth of their pick. And Tomlin was "buddies" with Moore, and that trumps everything else in his cockeyed regime. Is that smart? Nope, but that's Tomlin; that's how he rolls.

Reactions: xjx

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Because the regime was trying to deny the truth of their pick. And Tomlin was "buddies" with Moore, and that trumps everything else in his cockeyed regime. Is that smart? Nope, but that's Tomlin; that's how he rolls.
didnt you say that AR and Tomlin were buddies also?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
A pick that rates as the very worst at his position for 3 straight years is not a great pick, regardless of whether the team foolishly starts him or not. Moore was rated as the worst starting LT for pretty much every year.
Did I say GREAT pick anywhere? There's a lot of middle ground between great and bad.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
So does that mean if you draft an inferior LT you start him no matter how bad he sucks, like Moore? Is that what this means?
maybe you need a chalkboard and some apples and orange graphics to understand my point. So let me help you out, the only thing that it means is that:
1. Moore is not a BAD draft pick, a 1std rounder that was the 32nd ranked starting LT in the League would be a bad pick
2. Moore, as a late 4th rounder, has a 15% odds to start in the NFL. He beat those odds even if he is in the bottom of the ranks, even if we don't like his play.
3. I don't want Moore starting, that doesn't mean he is a bad pick, as a late 4th, being a backup that can spot start is decent value and in a rookie contract he is worth more to the team as he is cheap depth.

Hope you get my point and can move on from your high expectations for a late 4th rounder at the 2nd toughest starting position according to draft position

madinsomniac

Reaction score
maybe you need a chalkboard and some apples and orange graphics to understand my point. So let me help you out, the only thing that it means is that:
1. Moore is not a BAD draft pick, a 1std rounder that was the 32nd ranked starting LT in the League would be a bad pick
2. Moore, as a late 4th rounder, has a 15% odds to start in the NFL. He beat those odds even if he is in the bottom of the ranks, even if we don't like his play.
3. I don't want Moore starting, that doesn't mean he is a bad pick, as a late 4th, being a backup that can spot start is decent value and in a rookie contract he is worth more to the team as he is cheap depth.

Hope you get my point and can move on from your high expectations for a late 4th rounder at the 2nd toughest starting position according to draft position
Truth. Its a crapshoot finding even backup level guys below the 3rd round. Moore was already successful despite not being good many games

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I rooted for Dan Moore as a rookie, I like under-dogs. He started the entire season against all odds.

It didn’t take long to find out he was mediocre at best, but they did nothing to upgrade him in three years.

Now you have this 1st rnd pick LT that you moved up for, yet isn’t playing LT.

I’d be pretty certain that will chaNGE THIS COMING SEASON, Jones will be the starting LT, count on that.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

I do hope they keep Dan for depth and possibly RG as Superman suggested. If he is any good at RG, that is.

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

So as long as a team endlessly tries to start a player at LT, no matter how badly he sucks at it, it means he is a good pick? So regardless if he has no business of starting, as long as a team is delusional enough to play him, he's good? So even if Moore is considered the worst LT starting in the league he was a great draft pick. I don't need need a graph with apples or oranges, I can see why Rooney thinks they've been running this team "well enough" with fans like you. We'll just keep starting players who stink and pretend they aren't that bad, and that will solve everything. Got it. We'll just keep pretending they aren't the worst in the NFL and that will work out great. Just like we'll pretend Canada isn't just pitiful as OC. How did that work out again? Exact same thing.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
So as long as a team endlessly tries to start a player at LT, no matter how badly he sucks at it, it means he is a good pick? So regardless if he has no business of starting, as long as a team is delusional enough to play him, he's good? So even if Moore is considered the worst LT starting in the league he was a great draft pick. I don't need need a graph with apples or oranges, I can see why Rooney thinks they've been running this team "well enough" with fans like you. We'll just keep starting players who stink and pretend they aren't that bad, and that will solve everything. Got it. We'll just keep pretending they aren't the worst in the NFL and that will work out great. Just like we'll pretend Canada isn't just pitiful as OC. How did that work out again? Exact same thing.
Fans like me? GTFOH

Maybe you just fail badly at reading and comprehension, I never said I wanted him starting, I never said he was a great pick. I said he is good depth and value as a late 4th rounder.

But I do think you have some issues, good luck with that

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Fans like me? GTFOH

Maybe you just fail badly at reading and comprehension, I never said I wanted him starting, I never said he was a great pick. I said he is good depth and value as a late 4th rounder.

But I do think you have some issues, good luck with that
Yes, that's right: "fans like you." I do got some issues: Placating team decisions to leave incompetent players and coaches in starting/active roles when they clearly are over their skies is one of them. Fans like you just rationalize and tell yourself why it's "all good." I bet you also defended Canada coming back for his 3rd year, am I right? Did you tell yourself why that was a wise decision? Three years of Moore being the worst starting LT is super great! And drafting Green as starting C was genius.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
The problem remains coaching… or lack there of
And I would add: coaching and deciding on who to play and who to replace. This team gets stuck in its arrogant "decisions-to-save-face" mode and it kills us. Our punter was horrid and we put up with him for what? 3 seasons? The worst OC in league history and we suffered through him for almost 3 years. Why? Why does it take Rooney and Shades 3x's longer than everyone else to realize when players/coaches suck?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that's right: "fans like you." I do got some issues: Placating team decisions to leave incompetent players and coaches in starting/active roles when they clearly are over their skies is one of them. Fans like you just rationalize and tell yourself why it's "all good." I bet you also defended Canada coming back for his 3rd year, am I right? Did you tell yourself why that was a wise decision? Three years of Moore being the worst starting LT is super great! And drafting Green as starting C was genius.
I do not think any fan is saying great starter. but it was a good pick. he would be a good backup on his rookie deal. it is really that simple.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Simmer down cooch.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, defended Canada... go look old posts before you point fingers at me. You will never find me defending Canada or even Tomlin for that matter. You are either crazy or mentally challenged