• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Moore at risk of losing job? I freakin' hope so!

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/04/02/steelers-dan-moore-jr-big-trouble

I honestly feel like I'm going insane. How much more evidence do we need to know Moore sucks big time? For 3 straight years he's ranked at the bottom of the list of LTs, 3 straight years. He improves "marginally" and the team acts like he's worked to become average. No he hasn't. "Average" means middle of the road; he's still at the bottom of the list, just like every year. Draft a real RT and move Jones to where he belongs, LT. Enough with the Moore experiment! Jebus on a popsicle stick.

Oh wait, do we have to hear about how "ripped" Moore is from working out again this year for the 3rd year in a row? He blows.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn’t Moore have one more year left on his contract? He has no say in what his pay is and I’d keep him for depth for this last year of contract. (Cheap depth).

Most certainly take a bonafide 1st / 2nd round RT and put our moved up for 1rnd pick LT to actually play Left Tackle.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
As of now there are just too many holes on this roster to fill with the draft. And the FA well is pretty much dry. At very best it will be a decent team on paper till the inevitable injuries kick in then forget it.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think Moore would be a very good LG. Maybe even better center. But he is set at LT. I feel Broderick Jones should easily beat him out in a fair battle and if the Steelers draft a capable RT Moore likely rides the bench, gets traded, and/or changes positions. If I was him I’d show versatility and play any position I can start at before going into free agency.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I think Moore would be a very good LG. Maybe even better center. But he is set at LT. I feel Broderick Jones should easily beat him out in a fair battle and if the Steelers draft a capable RT Moore likely rides the bench, gets traded, and/or changes positions. If I was him I’d show versatility and play any position I can start at before going into free agency.
Before we filled the guard spots in free agency, I was high on the thought of moving him to guard.. he doesnt really get bull rushed.. its those outside speed guys who get him flummoxed.. in tight he probably would be fine

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
The league totally expects Jones to move to LT. That's why the Steelers will keep at RT. Always one step ahead of them! Kinda like Dotson...there was no reason to move him to RG. None. Everyone knew it. The Steelers know what they are doing with their OL. Fans never gave Kendrick Green an opportunity. SHAME! I have total trust in the Steeler OL method.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't we move him to C, like the rest, and draft a RT?

Position flexibility isn’t just for wives and girlfriends——————-

Saluter the nation

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/04/02/steelers-dan-moore-jr-big-trouble

I honestly feel like I'm going insane. How much more evidence do we need to know Moore sucks big time? For 3 straight years he's ranked at the bottom of the list of LTs, 3 straight years. He improves "marginally" and the team acts like he's worked to become average. No he hasn't. "Average" means middle of the road; he's still at the bottom of the list, just like every year. Draft a real RT and move Jones to where he belongs, LT. Enough with the Moore experiment! Jebus on a popsicle stick.

Oh wait, do we have to hear about how "ripped" Moore is from working out again this year for the 3rd year in a row? He blows.
You know who used to suck, Kevin Dotson, and he graded 20 points higher from the previous year for the Rams. Hell, Kendrick Green was solid against the Steelers last season so it makes you think, Is it Dan Moore or is it the Steelers coaching staff? Was the Matt Canada offense a poor fit? Does Pat Meyer have his head up his ***?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
You know who used to suck, Kevin Dotson, and he graded 20 points higher from the previous year for the Rams. Hell, Kendrick Green was solid against the Steelers last season so it makes you think, Is it Dan Moore or is it the Steelers coaching staff? Was the Matt Canada offense a poor fit? Does Pat Meyer have his head up his ***?

I don't think Dotson sucked when he played for the Steelers.

For whatever reason, he just found himself in Tomlin's doghouse, from which there is apparently no escape.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Graded out mid-60"s consistently. He pissed me off watching games. To me, he sucked. :poop::D

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Dotson sucked when he played for the Steelers.

For whatever reason, he just found himself in Tomlin's doghouse, from which there is apparently no escape.
He was a penalty machine though

diver

Reaction score
I like Moore. There has to be a place somewhere on the team for a guy like him. Maybe not starting, but he was thrown in there as a rookie at left tackle and has played tough football since. It isn't his fault the coaching staff threw him out there before he was ready. Or keep him there despite his lack of top athleticism. But he is tough physically and tough minded. You gotta keep those guys around somehow.

Poobah

Reaction score
I like Moore. There has to be a place somewhere on the team for a guy like him. Maybe not starting, but he was thrown in there as a rookie at left tackle and has played tough football since. It isn't his fault the coaching staff threw him out there before he was ready. Or keep him there despite his lack of top athleticism. But he is tough physically and tough minded. You gotta keep those guys around somehow.
exactly. Especially at on the O-line. there just aren't enough quality OL guys in the league. Having a guy on the depth chart like Dan Moore is huge. Remember when Faneca had to kick out to OT for several games due to injuries? Not ideal. I don't have the dislike or dramatic response over Dan that some fans do, I just recognize he is not a quality starter at LT. Jones is the man and the sooner he is inked in there, the better.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I’ve said it in the past, they need to bring in a new OL coach to help meet the OC’s new scheme. Maybe the OL coach is more fitted for Smith’s protection than he was for O’Canada’s ???

Either way, Tomlin has a way of minimalizing nearly everything there is to NFL coaching. We will soon find out and in doing so, the patience of the Rooney.

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score
exactly. Especially at on the O-line. there just aren't enough quality OL guys in the league. Having a guy on the depth chart like Dan Moore is huge. Remember when Faneca had to kick out to OT for several games due to injuries? Not ideal. I don't have the dislike or dramatic response over Dan that some fans do, I just recognize he is not a quality starter at LT. Jones is the man and the sooner he is inked in there, the better.
Yep. I don't quite understand the vitriol toward some players. It seems to be personal. Like the punter, Harvin. Hell, the kid was through some things so the Steelers stuck with him trying to see him through it to his potential. It didn't work out. Sometimes these things don't work out.

diver

Reaction score
I’ve said it in the past, they need to bring in a new OL coach to help meet the OC’s new scheme. Maybe the OL coach is more fitted for Smith’s protection than he was for O’Canada’s ???

Either way, Tomlin has a way of minimalizing nearly everything there is to NFL coaching. We will soon find out and in doing so, the patience of the Rooney.

Salute the nation
I think the OL coach is fine. I really do. Better overall talent will make him, and more importantly the OL, look better. Better QB play and play calling will help. Over the last few years with Canada it felt like to me teams KNEW what run plays were coming. That kinda helps the defense.

They are getting there I think. A good draft there this year I think they will be on the way.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the OL coach is fine. I really do. Better overall talent will make him, and more importantly the OL, look better. Better QB play and play calling will help. Over the last few years with Canada it felt like to me teams KNEW what run plays were coming. That kinda helps the defense.

They are getting there I think. A good draft there this year I think they will be on the way.
Fully agree, on a good draft to happen they will need to be committed to trench workers 2 out of first four pick with one of those OL being a first or 2nd rounder.

I also know that O’Canada’s play calling let the defense know way more % of knowing the plays, not just from his habitual call, but also by the personnel put on the field. As a arm-chair QB it was easy for me to know, so I’m sure professionals on the field of play banked on knowing.

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Doesn’t Moore have one more year left on his contract? He has no say in what his pay is and I’d keep him for depth for this last year of contract. (Cheap depth).

Most certainly take a bonafide 1st / 2nd round RT and put our moved up for 1rnd pick LT to actually play Left Tackle.

Salute the nation
Yes, keep as a cheap backup for 1 more year, but that's it; he's consistently been the worst starting LT in the NFL for 3 years. Enough already. What's their obsession with him keeping his job? Don't want to admit he was a bad draft pick?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
there is. RG, if we miss out on a Center and get either Latham or Mims.
Jones - Seumalo - Daniels - Moore - Latham/Mims

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Yep. I don't quite understand the vitriol toward some players. It seems to be personal. Like the punter, Harvin. Hell, the kid was through some things so the Steelers stuck with him trying to see him through it to his potential. It didn't work out. Sometimes these things don't work out.
Harvin was an inferior player who was given way too many chances to improve. Of course fans are going to get ticked off he's not replaced just as they are when an inferior Moore is not replaced because we are FANs and want the team to IMPROVE; what's there left to understand about that?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
there is. RG, if we miss out on a Center and get either Latham or Mims.
Jones - Seumalo - Daniels - Moore - Latham/Mims

I like your way of thinking here, but also have to question the Tomlin.

If Moore is moved to a gaurd position and excels, why the hellA was he ever put in as a LT, and for so long?

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like your way of thinking here, but also have to question the Tomlin.

If Moore is moved to a gaurd position and excels, why the hellA was he ever put in as a LT, and for so long?

Salute the nation
Tomlin is like an Ogre
we don't care how or why it has reached this pinnacle in life. we just want him/it gone.