• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Missed tackle report week 5

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your player assessments if you think Blake is anywhere near the league of talent that Davis has. Davis will be a productive player on our team. Maybe not this year, but he will be. Blake was a failure in every respect. The guy couldn't avoid his own feet if someone make a double move on him during his backpedal. Plus he was slow.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Antdrewjosh,

The good news is I won't start anymore Davis threads with him on the bench unless baited with false information. What's the point? I was correct on him so far. Weak in coverage, and poor tackling. Two major holes in his game.

I'll give out my player grades after 8 games. Suffice to say Davis won't grade out over a C.

You were correct? You opine Davis is weak in coverage and a poor tackler (the primary role he performs as a defensive player), but insinuate he won't grade out over a C? Wouldn't that imply a F? What's your grading quotient if he's poor in the major discipline, but could still receive a C (which is considered average). So you were correct saying Davis is a poor DB, but is an average player? So which is it?

A rookie who is only taking ST snaps, and he deserves a grade? More like INC, until his opportunities happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
You were correct? You opine Davis is weak in coverage and a poor tackler (the primary role he performs as a defensive player), but insinuate he won't grade out over a C? Wouldn't that imply a F? What's your grading quotient if he's poor in the major discipline, but could still receive a C (which is considered average). So you were correct saying Davis is a poor DB, but is an average player? So which is it?

A rookie who is only taking ST snaps, and he deserves a grade? More like INC, until his opportunities happen.

I gave Davis below a C for his first four games. You'll just have to wait until the midway point to see what I give him. You could say he improved a little before being benched.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I gave Davis below a C for his first four games. You'll just have to wait until the midway point to see what I give him. You could say he improved a little before being benched.

He really thinks we care what his grades are..I mean he really thinks we do..un ******* real. Talking about a big head smh

ark steel

Reaction score
Anyone see Burns stand in there and take on the Gronk?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

??? You grade a player below a C and say he improved before he was benched? Again, what planet is your grading system from? But, alas, it doesn't matter. Sometimes, the nonsensical is, well...nonsense. But just keep bumping your post numbers to your satisfaction. Mods, is there a prize for most board posts? Steelers81, Coolie, what's the prize if there is?.....

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't believe I am actually doing this, but wanted to hear the comments. It's been 8 games, Coach you indicated Davis would be leading the team in missed tackles at the halfway mark of the season. Based on the report today...

"Let’s take a look.

Total Missed Tackles vs. Ravens — 13

Ryan Shazier — 3
Mike Mitchell — 2
Anthony Chickillo — 2
Artie Burns — 1
William Gay — 1
Robert Golden — 1
James Harrison — 1
Shamarko Thomas — 1 (Special Teams)
Cobi Hamilton — 1 (Special Teams)

Total Missed Tackles in 2016 — 97 (average of 12.125 per game)

Artie Burns — 10
Mike Mitchell — 10
Sean Davis — 9
Ryan Shazier — 9
Stephon Tuitt — 8
William Gay — 8
Vince Williams — 7
Lawrence Timmons — 7
Ross Cockrell — 7
Jarvis Jones — 3
Robert Golden — 3
Anthony Chickillo — 3
Arthur Moats — 1
Cameron Heyward — 1
LJ Fort — 1
Jordan Dangerfield — 1
Ricardo Mathews — 1
Javon Hargrave — 1

Special Teams Missed Tackles in 2016 — 6

Steven Johnson — 1
Sammie Coates — 1
Tyler Matakevich — 1
Justin Gilbert — 1
Shamarko Thomas — 1
Cobi Hamilton — 1"

Appears Davis isn't the leading the category. In fact he hasn't had a missed tackle in 3 games. However, the starting FS and #1 pick this year are. I suppose Burns is a bust, since he is leading the stat.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I can't believe I am actually doing this, but wanted to hear the comments. It's been 8 games, Coach you indicated Davis would be leading the team in missed tackles at the halfway mark of the season. Based on the report today...

"Let’s take a look.

Total Missed Tackles vs. Ravens — 13

Ryan Shazier — 3
Mike Mitchell — 2
Anthony Chickillo — 2
Artie Burns — 1
William Gay — 1
Robert Golden — 1
James Harrison — 1
Shamarko Thomas — 1 (Special Teams)
Cobi Hamilton — 1 (Special Teams)

Total Missed Tackles in 2016 — 97 (average of 12.125 per game)

Artie Burns — 10
Mike Mitchell — 10
Sean Davis — 9
Ryan Shazier — 9
Stephon Tuitt — 8
William Gay — 8
Vince Williams — 7
Lawrence Timmons — 7
Ross Cockrell — 7
Jarvis Jones — 3
Robert Golden — 3
Anthony Chickillo — 3
Arthur Moats — 1
Cameron Heyward — 1
LJ Fort — 1
Jordan Dangerfield — 1
Ricardo Mathews — 1
Javon Hargrave — 1

Special Teams Missed Tackles in 2016 — 6

Steven Johnson — 1
Sammie Coates — 1
Tyler Matakevich — 1
Justin Gilbert — 1
Shamarko Thomas — 1
Cobi Hamilton — 1"

Appears Davis isn't the leading the category. In fact he hasn't had a missed tackle in 3 games. However, the starting FS and #1 pick this year are. I suppose Burns is a bust, since he is leading the stat.

Sean Davis Guesses Whoever Practices Better Between Him And Robert Golden ‘Gets To Start

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...er-practices-better-robert-golden-gets-start/

Steelers defensive youth movement continues with Sean Davis at safety

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ean-davis-at-safety-robert-golden-artie-burns

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I was clear I wanted Davis benched. It took the coaches a few games to figure it out, but they agree with me. So how was I wrong? I wasn't. I went against their acumen, and they ended up agreeing with me. That's called going out on a limb. I have no problem doing that....

....Over the years, my calls on rookies have been pretty good. A better batting average than Colbert if you want the truth...

Doesn't look like there is any agreement from the coaching staff with you at the halfway point, Coach. But you probably still think they agree regardless. What I see however, is the first three draft picks this year either starting or splitting snaps with a starter by the midway point and producing. That appears to be a solid evaluation of players drafted doesn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there is any agreement from the coaching staff with you at the halfway point, Coach. But you probably still think they agree regardless. What I see however, is the first three draft picks this year either starting or splitting snaps with a starter by the midway point and producing. That appears to be a solid evaluation of players drafted doesn't it?

The coaches agree. In private I wonder if they think he'll have problems beyond his rookie year.

Now for a surprise. We've got much bigger problems than Davis so I won't be posting much in him unless he pulls a third Forrest Gump moment .

A loss tomorrow and I think the playoffs won't happen. The players have spoken. Sink or swim time for Tomlin

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
You are wrong. The coaches do not agree with your assertion Coach. How else would he be in line for possibly playing half the snaps or even starting at his position? Nice attempted misdirect about the missed tackle prediction. But you are being held to it.

Third Forrest Gump? What were the first two? In fact what was the third? ST coach already stated miss communication between Davis and Golden was on him.