• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Miami Herald sizes up the Dophins' chances

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
So the writer points to Ben holding the ball too long, for the reason their D decimated by injuries has a shot?

He would be better pointing to the Steelers D giving up late drives.

With Bell,Ben, and Antonio against a weak S and LBer combination?

And at home?

I look for this to be a 30 point game in the Steelers favor.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Not one person has taken the Fins, that I've heard. The "Us against the World" will be the mantra for MIA. You can bet on that and they also have the confidence of spanking us earlier in the season. MIA is a dangerous animal. This game is on the D. HAVE to stop the run! Have to!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Not one person has taken the Fins, that I've heard. The "Us against the World" will be the mantra for MIA. You can bet on that and they also have the confidence of spanking us earlier in the season. MIA is a dangerous animal. This game is on the D. HAVE to stop the run! Have to!

Only dangerous if you don't play to what the Steelers are capable.

With injuries at QB/ safety times 2/ and LBer, no way a talented Steelers team should lose this type of matchup.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Only dangerous if you don't play to what the Steelers are capable.

With injuries at QB/ safety times 2/ and LBer, no way a talented Steelers team should lose this type of matchup.

There shouldn't be a doubt the Steelers win this going away, but they will have to stop the run. All Miami has is Jay Ajayi. He gauged us, so they will try to run his wheels off again.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a doubt the Steelers win this going away, but they will have to stop the run. All Miami has is Jay Ajayi. He gauged us, so they will try to run his wheels off again.

That was with Jarvis Jones in there.That run D has been much improved since he was benched.

But how you can help the cause? Attack their safety depleted secondary, and get up early. Then control the game with Bell and play action passing.

Get them in a passing mode........

scstillerfan

Reaction score
The Steelers have a decimated DL, so they should be concerned about Miami's running game. A lot will depend on Tuitt and Hargrave being able to play. Sounds like Matthews is out.

Of course, I would expect there not to be a strip club outing the night before.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers have a decimated DL, so they should be concerned about Miami's running game. A lot will depend on Tuitt and Hargrave being able to play. Sounds like Matthews is out.

Both those mentioned should play. And if so then they wouldn't be decimated by injury. Tuitt would be a significant loss. If he can't go. Nothing tells me Hargrave won't be playing.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
spread them with 3 WRs plus Bell and Green.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
spread them with 3 WRs plus Bell and Green.

you would think with two backup safeties playing there will be plays there waiting to be made

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
plus the holes at LB. I'm thinking that Bell has crazy numbers Sunday, and the young guys get lax coverage. They will make impact plays for sure.

I hope to God that we don't start off conservatively. Let's put the hammer down and make them play catch up all day.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
plus the holes at LB. I'm thinking that Bell has crazy numbers Sunday, and the young guys get lax coverage. They will make impact plays for sure.

I hope to God that we don't start off conservatively. Let's put the hammer down and make them play catch up all day.
that's the key

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

The Ajayi we saw in Miami might not be the Ajayi the Dolphins bring to Pittsburgh. Apparently he had to get X-Rays for an unspecified injury after the game yesterday.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/01/report-dolphins-rb-jay-ajayi-needed-x-rays-following-loss-patriots/

Frosty

Reaction score
If you look at Ajayi's numbers, he had the three big games, one vs us, two against the Bills. Other than that he only had one other game over 100 yds.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Ajayi we saw in Miami might not be the Ajayi the Dolphins bring to Pittsburgh. Apparently he had to get X-Rays for an unspecified injury after the game yesterday.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/01/report-dolphins-rb-jay-ajayi-needed-x-rays-following-loss-patriots/

hmm, that is a whole bowl of interesting right there.

The other factor could be the weather. We had to play in the heat in MIA and now they will have to play in cold in the Burgh. Not really is a disadvantage for MIA, but it should help us.

Cras108er

Reaction score

The other factor could be the weather. We had to play in the heat in MIA and now they will have to play in cold in the Burgh. Not really is a disadvantage for MIA, but it should help us.

That's true. That was the game that Timmons puked all over himself. The weather advantage will be neutral at best, or possibly swing in our favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I think the LBers can apply some pressure for the D-Line. The D-Line just needs a bend but not break system. The outside backers are smart/quick enough to seal and contain Ajayi from bouncing out. If he runs in. D Line or an ILB can take him. The improved play of the secondary helps as well. Keep running Bell for ball possession and strike to AB, Rogers/Ayers. I think the Steelers wipe these fish heads out

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

^^^
Fatcor in this too

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Shazier didn't play in the first game, Timmons wasn't playing as well as he is now and Davis wasn't at SS.
I think those factors will keep the Miami run game in check.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So waitaminit --- the writer states the following in the article:

Another reason I believe the Dolphins have a chance to contain the Steelers whereas they showed no ability to stop anyone the past few weeks?

The quarterback they’re playing is exactly the kind of quarterback they can play well against.

This defense has proven it struggles against mobile quarterbacks. Tyrod Taylor and Colin Kaepernick baffled Miami with their ability to either pass or run.

I didn't realize that Tom Brady was a mobile QB -- and the Pats had a field day with the Dolphins defense.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
We could potentially have 5 different starters on D this time around, also I'm sure the players have been the strip clubs in Pittsburgh enough times that they won't have the urge to hang out there all night Saturday.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Aren't we the only team with a winning record that Miami beat?