• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Manny Sanders says FU to the Steelers

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a link that pretty much covers the years here for Lewis and also the last year in detail. This is a very long article but lots of information, the people who don't read this are the people who just want to say the Steelers made a mistake not signing him, the people who do read this might have a different opinion. The contract that Lewis signed with the Saints was a good one and the contract we gave Allen was a bad one and contracts like that is why the Steelers are hurting every year vs the cap but that is a different story. Did the Steelers make a mistake not signing Lewis, well yeah we can say that now but read this article and maybe you might see what the Steelers were thinking.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/30/keenan-lewis-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict/

Not really sure what your point is, but it seems to me, what all that extensive analysis boils down to is that Lewis gave up most of his "failed coverages" on shorter routes. Yet, as an excellent tackler, this hardly qualifies as a great shortcoming. So...?

In Allen, they now have a cornerback who can't cover short, intermediate, or long routes, and can't tackle my grandmother. But he does have two interceptions this year.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
Not really sure what your point is, but it seems to me, what all that extensive analysis boils down to is that Lewis gave up most of his "failed coverages" on shorter routes. Yet, as an excellent tackler, this hardly qualifies as a great shortcoming. So...?

In Allen, they now have a cornerback who can't cover short, intermediate, or long routes, and can't tackle my grandmother. But he does have two interceptions this year.

Ok so understand this I am not sticking up for Allen, he sucks and the contract we gave him sucks! Where I was going with this was it wasn't til his last season that he showed promise, that's it. Did the Steelers make a mistake um...yeah I think all of us will admit they did but it wasn't like he did it year in and year out. That's all that was my point......