• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Manny Sanders says FU to the Steelers

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a dumb question .. do you think that the THIN air has something to do with anything ? Just curious ...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If Sanders wasn't any good then Belicheat wouldn't have tried to sign him last year and willing to give up a 3rd rounder. Obviously wasn't used properly in black & gold.

We need two threads on a player who isn't even here any more?

He sucked so bad last year because he was pressing. He had his next contract on his mind.
Could be.

Same thing happened with Mike Wallace as he played out the final year of his deal.
Wallace knew he was leaving, knew they couldn't afford to sign him under the cap, knew he'd get paid regardless, and was playing not to get hurt. That's why he skipped camp and slacked the whole season.

Last edited:

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
**** Sanders....0 points for J Thomas? 0? 0 points for Welker? 0? **** Sanders.....

Hahaha :) I'm in a ridiculous Fantasy auction league that is a PPR league with ridiculous scoring categories. For instance, a very good week is like 160-170 points or more for your team. A good week is like 130-160. Bad, anything below.

I have Manny and Antonio Brown and Kelvin Benjamin as my WRs. Last night, Manny got me 47 points. LOL

Laughing-GIF.gif

Troglodyte

Reaction score
The draft pick would have been the way to go. But remember who we have making that draft pick selection.

Saluter the nation

Sanders is well above the average 3rd round pick regardless who is drafting. They might have been better off or they might have had another special teams player like Curtis Brown or Dri Archer.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
The draft pick would have been the way to go. But remember who we have making that draft pick selection.

Saluter the nation

Yea- the same guys who've picked:

Brown (#2 rec, #1 yards)
Sanders (#5 rec, #8 yards)
Wallace (tied #8 in TDs)

Say what you want- Tomlin and Colbert have a solid history of drafting WR's. But i would imagine Sanders would still be here if we werent in cap hell for the last decade or so..

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Well..seems like hes having a banner year under Manning. Hes looking rather good and whether it took 8 weeks or 18 weeks, hes putting up numbers like hes never done. Is it Manning and his work ethic and attention to detail ? Perhaps.....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Brown (#2 rec, #1 yards)
Wallace (tied #8 in TDs)

Say what you want- Tomlin and Colbert have a solid history of drafting WR's. But i would imagine Sanders would still be here if we werent in cap hell for the last decade or so..
They do a good job of drafting WR's and RB's. When it comes to OL they're shaky and with the entire defense they don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I think before last night he had only two TDs this whole season. I'll take Brown over Sanders any day.

Pittplaya

Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't a decision between Brown or Sanders...

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Sanders didn't do **** last year there was no reason to throw money at him. So he had a good game...? Big Whoop.

keslerclan

Reaction score
One only needs to look at Erik Decker's stats in his last 3 years in Denver serving as a #2 WR versus now in NY.

Decker was targeted an average of 125 times while in Denver as a #2 to D.Thomas. Sanders is on pace for 108 targets this year. Decker scored an avg of 11 TDs too. sanders is on pace to score 8-9 TDs.

We lack the one thing Denver has, a legit #1 target with the size and speed to draw double-teams. As good as A.Brown is, he RARELY draws doubles. Imagine what he could do with a big target opposite him. Maybe Bryant can be that guy?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the post game show when he was on, I heard things differently than the rest of you. He talked about growing up and putting in the extra work required. I just think that he was a bit immature when with the Steelers. Sometimes it takes a shot to your ego to make you wake up. The "Young Money" crew **** caused way too many problems in my opinion. There are not too many players in their 1st contract that are mature enough to handle everything.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
**** Manny Sanders. Guy who needed to keep was Keenan Lewis, not Sanders.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes I think people take this **** way too seriously.

skialta

Reaction score
what the **** is it with manny sanders that you dick suckers don't get...
HE
DID
NOT
WANT
TO
BE
HERE

i give zero ***** what he does in denver

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Manny did well for my FF team last night....that's all I gots.

diver

Reaction score
**** Manny Sanders. Guy who needed to keep was Keenan Lewis, not Sanders.

He didn't do **** in Pittsburgh, either. Remember when he left he had one career interception and had dropped a few over the years just like the guy they have on the other side. Just what the Steelers needed, two corners that couldn't catch.

Now if you want to discuss why these guys do better elsewhere, that is a legit discussion. But based on the production with the Steelers, I wouldn't have signed either of them.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
He didn't do **** in Pittsburgh, either. Remember when he left he had one career interception and had dropped a few over the years just like the guy they have on the other side. Just what the Steelers needed, two corners that couldn't catch.

Now if you want to discuss why these guys do better elsewhere, that is a legit discussion. But based on the production with the Steelers, I wouldn't have signed either of them.

Catch? ****, I'd love to have a CB who can consistently stay with an NFL WR, which is what Lewis offered.

At least they chose to keep the CB in Allen who can catch the ball on the very rare occasion he is in the same zipcode of the receiver he is assigned to cover.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah. Now they have 3 cornerbacks who can't cover. Just what they need.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Brown (#2 rec, #1 yards)
Wallace (tied #8 in TDs)

Yes, a "solid history." As long as you make sure to exclude Dallas Baker, Limas Sweed, and Toney Clemons from the list. Soon to be joined by Markus Wheaton and Justin Brown.

LastRide

Reaction score

Lewis was second in the league in passes defensed when the Steelers let him go. Steelers have had trouble with interceptions for a very very long time. The year Lewis left I thought finally we have a solid secondary. They played great that year. Then no contract offer for Lewis. Allen goes on a decline. Ike is getting older and hurt. Troy has seen better days, and Gay is our top guy now..LOL

He did not become a starter until his fourth season in the Steel City, but when he did, he shined. Lewis totaled 71 tackles, an interception and 23 passes defended, which was good for second in the NFL behind Seattle Seahawks‘ Richard Sherman.

Well, he had a big year with his new team in 2013, tallying 47 combined tackles, nine passes defended, a forced fumble and a team-leading four interceptions. The only reason his tackle numbers and passes defended dropped is because quarterbacks would rarely throw his way. He stuck to opposing receivers like glue, which is one of the reasons why the Saints finished with the No. 4 overall defense.

Lewis has just about everything you want from a defensive back. The 6-foot-1 corner is aggressive off the line of scrimmage, an animal in press coverage and has the intelligence to operate in the zone as well. His quickness and change of direction grants him the ability to compete with some of the league’s top wide receivers.

Last edited: