• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Likely fantasy, but Bosa to the Steelers?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
After hearing X GM Charley Casserly on NFL network break down Bosa's offer, something is up.

Essentially Joey Bosa has a better deal than past 3rd overall draft picks

I think he doesn't want to play in San Diego. Parts of the conversation have gone public, and that's never a good thing.

San Diego might be trying to trade him, but who can they trade with?

The team would need edge rushers, and have cap space. The Steelers have restructured some cap space. It's likely for DeCastro, but it could be a player they want to trade for.

Fantasy trade. Steelers get Bosa in exchange for their 1st round pick, and Jarvis Jones ( $2,769,933 in caps space this season ). Who would take this " deal " among the posters here?

bmoritz

Reaction score
I don't think they can trade him now. I remember hearing there was a deadline that passed about a week ago.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think they can trade him now. I remember hearing there was a deadline that passed about a week ago.

??? I thought the trade deadline is in November.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
After hearing X GM Charley Casserly on NFL network break down Bosa's offer, something is up.

Essentially Joey Bosa has a better deal than past 3rd overall draft picks

I think he doesn't want to play in San Diego. Parts of the conversation have gone public, and that's never a good thing.

San Diego might be trying to trade him, but who can they trade with?

The team would need edge rushers, and have cap space. The Steelers have restructured some cap space. It's likely for DeCastro, but it could be a player they want to trade for.

Fantasy trade. Steelers get Bosa in exchange for their 1st round pick, and Jarvis Jones ( $2,769,933 in caps space this season ). Who would take this " deal " among the posters here?

Likely Fantasy. Likely Fantasy. No Coach that is a major league fantasy. That is Mila Kunis wanting to be your secret **** buddy Fantasy. If Big Ben stays upright our next years first is most likely a 20 or worse. I know the Bosa kid has been a royal pain in the *** for them, but that is a 20 or worse for a 3rd overall ,oh and we are throwing in a completely failed player in the final year of his contract after the Pats gave a seventh for a similar but more highly drafted player in Mingo. Coach check your email. I think Mila just sent you a message.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm already listening to Disney music. It must be fantasy

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So the chargers are going to trade Bosa for Jarvis Jones. Who you thinks sucks but somehow someway you think the chargers will think this is good value..seriously???

Now if you had for Chickillo then we might have something. He's a training camp phenom

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't see us trading our 1st next year when we will have legitimate 1st round needs next year. Prior history has shown that players who hold out have struggled and have been injury prone when they have eventually shown up to play.

Likely fantasy.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Can't see us trading our 1st next year when we will have legitimate 1st round needs next year. Prior history has shown that players who hold out have struggled and have been injury prone when they have eventually shown up to play.

Likely fantasy.

Our needs are OLB. Harrison will likely be retired, Jones a free agent who was not extended. We won't be picking in the top ten either.

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
??? I thought the trade deadline is in November.

That deadline is for players under comtract......not unsigned rookies. Bosa''s only shot is to sit out and re-enter draft next year I believe.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
That deadline is for players under comtract......not unsigned rookies. Bosa''s only shot is to sit out and re-enter draft next year I believe.

Jesus H Christ Coach the FNG knows more than you! lol

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Well I'm no FNG Ford. I've been with SN since 98,since Diamond Dave, since Steelers81 was new and pristine and seen all the comings and goings of posters since then.....I do miss BengalsRulez though. His use of the English language was masterful.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think Bosa might be a head case, his hold out doesn't make much sense. Pass.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Nightmare...his attitude, entitlement, injury history. Hell no, I wouldn't trade him for Jarvis with no pick compensation.

Would you like some cancer sir? Oh yes give me an extra helping! F him and all he doesn't bring to the table. Possibly a larger inflammation of the labia than Eli Manning was.

Steelz

Reaction score
I wonder if we can sign him for rookie minimum. He'd look good in a NFL jersey. He wasn't used right coming out of the draft.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Okay, so it's different for rookies. Since 99% of the rookie's sign before the deadline these days I was unaware they could not be traded past a certain date. Does this mean the Chargers can't sign Bosa then trade him at a later date?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Basically I'm saying Bosa is cancer.

He's screwed himself by being a *****. Sure the Chargers have a reputation, but they've offered him a fair deal that isn't unusual or out of any normal parameters whatsoever. Bosa is an affluenza teen. He hasn't proven himself to be worth that kind of ****.

Good luck with the 7-11 gig for a year Joey. Hopefully your gamble will pay off.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
no. no he didn't. He asked for what every #3 pick has GOTTEN since the rookie salary structure was enacted. The chargers don't wwant to pay. They are trying to set a precedent.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Chargers have a history of being difficult. Not blaming this on Bosa.

Coach that is one wild *** dream btw. Find the most far fetch scenario and dream about it!

skialta

Reaction score
why?
why the **** would san diego take a ****** later draft pick and a ****** player for someone who was good enough to be the third pick in the draft? lay off the rock man. seriously

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
tumblr_lvnzjhX3Y81qc4cp9o1_250.gif

xjx

Reaction score
Nobody in thier right mind would trade FOR jarvis jones. Fantasy indeed!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers don't give up first round draft picks period. Especially not for a headcase ********.