• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le'Veon Needs to Shut up

mdk2

Reaction score
Karma is a *****, and unfortunately I can see him eating those words (I sure hope I am wrong). No possible good can come of them.

As someone else said, he better back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

As long as we win, I don't care if he backs his words up or not. We still have decent players throwing and catching the ball.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
He talks a lot so I hope he backs it up this weekend. He wants his big pay day I understand but he has had a few off the field issues he can't rap away. Bottom line the Steelers need to keep a capable backup on the roster because Bell cannot be counted on. I feel even if we sign D.Will to a 1-2 year deal this offseason we still need to draft a RB in the early to mid rounds to at least push for playing time and have fresh legs on the roster. I think a guy like Kareem Hunt in the 4th would be perfect for us. He's a down hill patient runner who is a decent receiver and is an able blocker. I am not sure about his top end speed but he has a nice burst, good lower body strength, keeps his feet moving, and balance. Take a look but remember he's not playing the OSU and LSU's of the world. That is probably why he lasts until the 4th round.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
As long as we win, I don't care if he backs his words up or not. We still have decent players throwing and catching the ball.

Yep, and it's funny, I rarely hear anyone mentioning Ben and Brown, on the local or national shows I've seen so far.

mdk2

Reaction score
Yep, and it's funny, I rarely hear anyone mentioning Ben and Brown, on the local or national shows I've seen so far.

How about it... if you didn't follow the Steelers, you wouldn't even know they're on the team.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
He talks a lot so I hope he backs it up this weekend. He wants his big pay day I understand but he has had a few off the field issues he can't rap away. Bottom line the Steelers need to keep a capable backup on the roster because Bell cannot be counted on. I feel even if we sign D.Will to a 1-2 year deal this offseason we still need to draft a RB in the early to mid rounds to at least push for playing time and have fresh legs on the roster. I think a guy like Kareem Hunt in the 4th would be perfect for us. He's a down hill patient runner who is a decent receiver and is an able blocker. I am not sure about his top end speed but he has a nice burst, good lower body strength, keeps his feet moving, and balance. Take a look but remember he's not playing the OSU and LSU's of the world. That is probably why he lasts until the 4th round.

He is fun to watch. He does the same hop cuts and is very good at extending the runs, after contact, on the second level, just like Bell. I think he may have more speed than Bell. How are his hands?

Cras108er

Reaction score

Well obviously you don't care if we win, but how will you feel if he rushes for 29 yards, and we lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

University of Toledo ... My Alma Mater. I've watched Kareem play for four years. He does have an excellent burst; not straight line speed, but a burst and some wiggle. He's tough and runs with power. Good hands out of the backfield and really good with blitz pickups. I believe he's missed a few games most every year with injuries though.

Reactions: MTC

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I love Bell. I do. But He's benefiting from a few things right now.

The league has been defensively "re-tooled" over the last few seasons to be a passing league. Runners have become less and less of a feature in the game. The runners that HAVE been valuable have been more of the solid and savvy power back like Lynch who can make a decisive cut out of the backfield, blast through the first wave and then cause problems for the secondary because they're so big.

Bell is an entirely new type of animal that frankly the league is simply now quite adjusted to yet. I expect once teams get enough discipline and film study on Bell he'll start to see more and more short gains and even tackles in the backfield. Defensive linemen will stop trying to tackle Bell so much as simply try to hold their gaps long enough to continue to freeze him in the backfield because he WILL stand back there waiting for something to open up. That will give somebody else enough time to come around the backside and clean him up from another gap. Basically, the defense has to learn to be as patient as Bell and when they do, his running style becomes a liability rather than a strength.

Course, he may adjust at that point and start trying to hit the gaps quickly. But then he's got linebackers waiting for him who haven't committed yet. So He's back to a more traditional run defense game. That will be interesting to see. He may start breaking bigger gains now and then, but his average per attempt may go down a bit.

At any rate, he is a phenomenal athlete, but it is always best to allow other folks to sing your praises. If you have to sing them yourself, well... it cant' be that great a tune, can it?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://m.steelers.com/s/30861/embeddedNewsPath

This & That: Bell rings, 'It's loud' & selfless

Bell rings:*Le'Veon Bell has been a catalyst for the offense, especially down the stretch where he has rushed for 1,002 yards in his last seven games played.*

A few teammates, who see firsthand what Bell does, weighed in on what makes him is so special.

Maurkice Pouncey:
"He is a great running back with great vision. He finds the lane, has the vision and he makes it happen. When you have a running back like that, it's special and it's fun to play football with him."

WATCH: Bell's Ultimate Highlight - Wild Card

Share:*

Ramon Foster

"Him believing in himself, that guys trusts and trains himself so hard that when he is in a game that is easy to him. The patience that he has, a lot of people don't understand it. But it's his game. I don't think anybody else should mimic it. He is a guy that is a pro at everything he is doing."

Alejandro Villanueva:***
"Le'Veon is an unbelievable athlete, a great teammate and he makes a lot of great plays. He makes you look good on the field when you can dodge three defenders and go on a long run. I am really happy for what he has done this season."

Arthur Moats:
"His combination of that patience and burst. Most running backs are not patient like that. It speaks for itself. Most running backs are trying to hit the hole and if they see something cloudy, they are not trying to wait around. As for him, it's like everything is in slow motion. For him to have that kind of confidence in himself, that kind of confidence in his offensive linemen, that makes him that much better.*

"Also the work ethic is crazy. He is one of those guys all offseason working out like he has a game on Sunday every week. Seeing the type of drive he has, it's no surprise to see what he does on Sundays."*

Jarvis Jones:*
"It's amazing watching him. Any time he gets the ball you never know what is going to happen. He is an incredible dude. In my last year in college we played against each other in the bowl game, got drafted here together and now he is unbelievable. Going from seeing Le'Veon weigh 240 pounds to a 225-230 pound Le'Veon, and seeing how his game has transitioned from college to where he is now, is unbelievable. I love everything about Le'Veon, from the way he carries himself, his passion for the game, and his playmaking abilities."

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Another in the same category while we're at it: Le'Veon Bell over Eddie Lacy. Truly, there cannot be anyone left who disagrees with that call. Right? Certainly not after these last two months where Bell has assumed a Herculean workload - 190 carries and 32 receptions in the games starting with Nov. 20 in Cleveland and continuing to the present, with Jan. 1 vs. Cleveland a day off - and produced 1,002 yards rushing and nine total touchdowns.

* Rick Gosselin, the esteemed columnist for the Dallas Morning News, recently tweeted that in the best seven-game streak of his 15-season Hall of Fame career, Emmitt Smith's best rushing total was 860 yards, 142 yards fewer than Bell over these past seven games.*

* Think about Bell's workload/production again - an average of 27 carries and 4.5 catches over a seven-game span that bettered anything the NFL's all-time leading rusher was able to manage over a similar stretch at any point during a 15-season career - and then remember one of the early criticisms of Bell was his durability. And I don't know whether Emmitt Smith or any other Hall of Fame running back ever carried on every play of a 10-play, 83-yard touchdown drive, but I know I had never seen it happen until Bell did it last Sunday against the Dolphins.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol I am a fan of Seth Curry as we are namesakes, but the gaffe in the original post and subsequent posts was pretty damn hilarious

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't care what he says. Staying out of trouble is the key. Bell is playing his best football right now. I'm impressed.

Let him finish out the year, and then franchise tag him for one year. No long term deals for Bell until he proves he test clean.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I don't care what he says. Staying out of trouble is the key. Bell is playing his best football right now. I'm impressed.

Let him finish out the year, and then franchise tag him for one year. No long term deals for Bell until he proves he test clean.
Who logged in as Coach???

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen the media label him as the nfl's Curr...so he just grabbed onto the hype. Couldn't care any less.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
No problems with a player who is confident in his abilities and produces on the field. Didn't even think much about it when I saw the comment.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Bell is the best back the league has seen since Marshall Faulk.

His confidence is justified, for as long as he doesn't let it negatively affect his play. The kid has earned to talk.

In terms of Steelers history, he's already there with Harris and Bettis.