• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le'Veon Needs to Shut up

Cras108er

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but Le'Veon needs to shut the hell up. This week he labeled himself the "Seth Curry of Football." I think he is starting to read too many of his own press clippings. Yes, he's a beast, but he needs to let others make those comparisons. He just needs to focus on playing football.

Statements like this remind me of Anthony Smith's boasts before the Patriot game a few years ago. They serve no purpose, except to become fodder for your opponent (and are an indication of over confidence and immaturity).

Ben downplayed his comments. Hopefully, he'll follow up with a very direct conversation with the young man. That's why Ben has the "C" on his chest.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eelers-changing-nfl-stephen-curry-changed-nba

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell is not the Seth Curry of Football.

Seth Curry scores...

And our team fortunately doesn't wear Cs on any chest, though Ben IS the captain.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as he produces I could give a **** less what he thinks himself as.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
I'm sure he is parroting what someone he knows told him. With the constant questions about his running style, I'm sure he's run out of things to say. Never the less, you don't describe your greatness to the media. You let someone else do it.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Humility sometimes comes with age.
If things do not work well Sunday (Heavenly Father please one more game), Bell will have to endure his comment.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Bell was saying his running stylye is unique in the NFL like Curry's shooting is in the NBA that is all.

SteveA

Reaction score
I like low key too, but the NFL and NBA culture is not like that these days.....

The Steelers are not exempt & we too have guys who talk smack and celebrate.....AB's end zone celebrations get on my nerve.....

This is the Sport today, and I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TALK......But it is our society.

To be honest after our win against the Ravens when they interviewed AB and Bell and they had smiles and all, I would've hated them if they were an opponent. If I had to watch their giddy faces after suffering a defeat I would've wanted to throw the remote at the TV...But hey, they won, they are on my team and all is good....

Let's face it....We are not exempt from boasters and celebrators....

Reactions: MTC

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/01/leveon-bells-running-style-unique-change-game/

You may have recently picked up*Pittsburgh Steelers*running back*Le’Veon Bell*telling reporters that he feels as though he is changing the way the game is played similar to the way that*Stephen Curry*has in the NBA. Curry has spent the past few seasons shattering three-point records and demonstrated that you can win a championship with a long-ball offense.

Bell was referring to his style of running, which incorporates an incredible amount of patience that allows for blocks to be set up, or for holes to open, or that forces defenders to commit and allows the runner to counter as a result.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My Dad hated Rod Woodson cause he talked too. I loved him cause he backed it up. Bell is the best back in the nfl, and as far as I'm concerned the way he has been playing this year, he can say it if he wants, as long as he keeps playing that way.

**** this false modesty bullshit, you don't pay a guy millions of dollars if he isn't damn good at what he does. He wants paid, he'd better be sure to convey he thinks he's the best, and play like it.

Joe

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh .... non-story. It's not like he guaranteed a win over KC and that he was gonna run for 200 yds against them. Within the NFL he has a unique talent set, just like SC has in the NBA. No big deal.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Bell also said this morning he makes the offensive line's job easier.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
He said he's revolutionizing the position. Hey he's talked the talk, now he better ******* back it up.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
There's an absolute layer of confidence that comes with being an elite athlete. Watching Bell play football, you can see he is an exceptional talent and there really isn't another RB to compare him to. So when he says he's in the same class as Curry as far as being different, than yes he is correct. Curry has definitely changed the game of basketball with his extraordinary shooting.

Cras108er

Reaction score
Karma is a *****, and unfortunately I can see him eating those words (I sure hope I am wrong). No possible good can come of them.

As someone else said, he better back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app