• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ladarius Green released!

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Good riddance. Anybody that knows football realized he was damaged goods last preseason. Great job doing your homework KC.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled

at TE Steelers are going hungryyyyyyy

yeah

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I but I think Jesse James will be much improved to offset the loss. He's already bigger and stronger. So he's multi-faceted like Heath was (but JJ is no Heath).
]

So what is wrong with James ? Saying "JJ is no Heath" leaves a lot of years in limbo. Heath took years to learn the position and yinz want James to match his skills right out of College?

We'll be fine at TE...not to worry. I just wish the Steelers would throw some of them millions my way next time they want to pull another dumb stunt like that

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You can have all 3. Barnidge can catch and won't cost that much.

Ya, if he can pass the physical Green just failed. Barnidge is not that good and is injury prone. No thanks!

Stoney

Reaction score
**** Ladarius Green. And **** the FO for not doing whatever it took to get one of the top 3 TEs in the draft.

Spike

Reaction score
They cut bait, that's what you do when get sold a lemon

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
******* pissed we didn't draft a TE.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Was this just a clear out for next year or is there any savings at all for this season. The cap sites I looked at were unclear.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
So what is wrong with James ? Saying "JJ is no Heath" leaves a lot of years in limbo. Heath took years to learn the position and yinz want James to match his skills right out of College?

We'll be fine at TE...not to worry. I just wish the Steelers would throw some of them millions my way next time they want to pull another dumb stunt like that

years to learn the position? I think you might want to refresh your Heath history a bit. He was a HUGE contributer his rookie year on our way to winning the Super Bowl. Did he steadily improve, absolutely, but years to learn the position is just bullshit.

Black&GoldenShowers

Reaction score
What was the name of the basketball player turned TE that the Steelers went to watch a while ago? Did he ever sign with a team?

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
You'd think that they would do a little more background and a more extensive physical for someone so injury prone? Eh, **** it. It was only 30 million bucks.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled

at TE Steelers are going hungryyyyyyy

yeah

Well played Slash...well played.

RIP Chris Cornell

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

steel shinin

Reaction score
Was this just a clear out for next year or is there any savings at all for this season. The cap sites I looked at were unclear.

It was a straight up release and not a June 1st designation so the Steelers have to eat the remainder of his signing bonus this year which is about 3.5 million. Considering Green was supposed to earn about 5 million in salary this year and have a little over a 6 million cap charge that is not a bad out. Better to take the hit now and get all the cap space back next year.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
years to learn the position? I think you might want to refresh your Heath history a bit. He was a HUGE contributer his rookie year on our way to winning the lowB repuS. Did he steadily improve, absolutely, but years to learn the position is just bullshit.

Heath had 39 receptions as a rookie. James had 39 receptions last year, his first as a starter.

Let's not forget that Heath was a 1st rounder and James was a late round pick who was only 20 when drafted. Let's also not pretend like Heath was a top receiving TE. He only averaged 53 catches per season which is something James can deliver.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was seriously doubting his making the team. THIS shows he has lasting concussion issues. I for one am glad we are NOT banking on him anymore. This is definately a time where the FO has a hell of a lot more Intel than we do.

Salute the nation

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
Green failed his physical. He got his money, he should probably retire and hope for a healthy rest of his life.

Spike

Reaction score
Ladarius Green’s final tally: Six games, $6 million, sixth-round pick

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ladarius Green’s final tally: Six games, $6 million, sixth-round pick

no biggie on that sixth round pick, after all the Steelers already got their long snapper.

:pound:

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Heath had 39 receptions as a rookie. James had 39 receptions last year, his first as a starter.

Let's not forget that Heath was a 1st rounder and James was a late round pick who was only 20 when drafted. Let's also not pretend like Heath was a top receiving TE. He only averaged 53 catches per season which is something James can deliver.

Thanks tape....and I might add that as close as I can recollect...Heath wasn't exactly a blocking machine out of college.and he came in on a lowB repuS year.

Hey...I love me some Heath Miller but let's not lose our sense of reality here.