• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ladarius Green practices today.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
I put this in a new thread and then the moderator deleted it....It's not the flu....Half the team got food poisoning.....This is coming from one one of the players girlfriends

Think what you want but all those people don't get the flu simultaneously....This could be a huge problem. free getting back at 4am and then being dehydrated from this (dehydration zaps recovery time for the muscles after they have been stressed). They could be lacking power and strength for the game. We are talking about elite athletes here....Every small difference can be meaningful

Damn Cheatriots will resort to anything.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Per Aditi Kinkhabwala: Ladarius didn't practice today because of the stomach bug, no word on the concussion. Still have hope if he can go full practice tomorrow. If he's concussion free, he will be playing Sunday regardless of practice. All hands on deck.

That time of the month for Green huh. Take some midol princess and I hope your cramps go away. :yo:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I put this in a new thread and then the moderator deleted it....It's not the flu....Half the team got food poisoning.....This is coming from one one of the players girlfriends

Think what you want but all those people don't get the flu simultaneously....This could be a huge problem. free getting back at 4am and then being dehydrated from this (dehydration zaps recovery time for the muscles after they have been stressed). They could be lacking power and strength for the game. We are talking about elite athletes here....Every small difference can be meaningful

you started a thread that had no support....not even a link to a tweet....that is what happens to "rumors" threads

only reports I saw late yesterday said Flu...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon people. It's 1:30 back there. Is he practicing or not?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
He has to make it through two practices with no symptoms, Wednesday and Friday.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he is cleared, he will be suited and will play. To what extent we can only ponder. Jesse James will still get his fair share.

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw on Twitter he will be examined later today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get him back. He opens up an element that NE probably did not game plan for.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...ared-concussion/amp?client=ms-android-verizon

Steelers TE Ladarius Green practiced, still not cleared from concussion

By*Andrew Kulp*
January 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green practiced on*Friday, but still has not been cleared through the concussion protocol.

Jeremy Fowler for ESPN.com*reports Green*is in the final stages of the protocol, and his participation on Friday could be viewed as an important step*he’ll be cleared soon. Better yet, he’ll be traveling with the team to Gillette Stadium for the the AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots on Sunday, perhaps the best sign of all the club is hopeful for his return.

That being said, fans may not want to get their hopes up just yet. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin*spoke of Green’s progress*two weeks ago prior to their wild card playoff game against the Miami Dolphins, and the tight end even practiced, but ultimately did not play and obviously still hasn’t.

The fact that Green is making the trip to New England is perhaps the best indicator he’ll play, but until he’s cleared through the protocol, nothing is certain.

The Patriots can put up points, as can the Steelers, but having one more weapon certainly wouldn’t hurt. Then again, Fowler notes Green wasn’t practicing with the first-team offense anyway, so it’s difficult to say how much of an impact he will have or how many snaps he’ll even play if active.

Then again, all it takes is one target on one snap to potentially become a hero in a conference title game. If Green can go at all, it could turn out to be a huge boost for the Steelers.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Do you really want to make Green active and take someone else who might contribute off the active roster Sunday? We are thin in a few spots and having that extra body can really help.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Even if we just send him down the seam a few times, if they double Brown, and leave him singled, who knows.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
If he gets cleared I use him. Big matchup problems with him and Pats.
Other than the "illness" I think Green might have been getting in some good work at practice since last week. CMT may have been doing the old Belichick sandbagging and fake injury reports. Har har

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Green is officially listed as Questionable. Same with Fitz Toussaint & James Harrison.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Hope he can go and does exceptionally well in the game.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Hopefully Harrison is just to **** with NE

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't believe Harrison won't play.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Steelers Injury Report: Green, Harrison, Toussaint Questionable For Patriots Game

BY DAVE BRYAN JANUARY 20, 2017 AT 04:13 PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers have now wrapped up their final practice ahead of their Sunday AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots and the team’s Friday injury report includes some positive news.

After sitting out sick on Thursday, tight end Ladarius Green (concussion, illness) practiced on a limited basis on Friday, but with that, he remains in protocol, according to head coach Mike Tomlin. For what it’s worth, Tomlin said Green had a great day of practice. Green ends the week listed as questionable for the game against the Patriots.

Green, as most of you should know by now, hasn’t played since suffering a concussion during the Steelers Week 15 game against the Cincinatti Bengals.

Joining Green as questionable are linebacker James Harrison (shoulder, triceps) and running back Fitzgerald Toussaint (concussion). Harrison, however, is expected to play on Sunday against the Patriots. Toussaint, like Green, is still in protocol, according to Tomlin on Friday. The Steelers No. 3 running back failed to play against the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday.

In other news, running back Le’Veon Bell (not injury related), linebacker Vince Williams (shoulder), kicker Chris Boswell (illness), linebacker Anthony Chickillo (ankle), safety Sean Davis (shoulder), center B.J. Finney (illness), wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (illness), defensive end Ricardo Mathews (ankle), and QB Zach Mettenberger (illness) did not receive any status designations on Friday.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...arrison-toussaint-questionable-patriots-game/

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ladarius who?

mdk2

Reaction score
After watching the video of him talking to the media yesterday, I highly doubt he plays. He just doesn't seem like he even wants to be out there honestly.
I'm sure he's a really good guy and he's a good player when he's on the field but I'm not totally convinced his heart is fully into football at this point and I don't blame him if he is worried about his future health.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
After watching the video of him talking to the media yesterday, I highly doubt he plays. He just doesn't seem like he even wants to be out there honestly.
I'm sure he's a really good guy and he's a good player when he's on the field but I'm not totally convinced his heart is fully into football at this point and I don't blame him if he is worried about his future health.

I don't see him playing again,but I could be wrong. I'd save my brain since his has reached the point of being easily concussed. Just like a fighter who's once iron chin is now a glass jaw.