• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Gordon meets ban hammer, again

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. You'd swear these guys are hooked on heroin,crack,meth or pills. The dudes who get popped for ******* weed have no excuses. The hooks on that **** in the brain do not run deep. There's no physical dependency either.

I don't know where I read or heard it, but he came from a rough life and was hooked on hard drugs as early as 13 y.o. Seems like he was doomed from the start. His talent could only get him so far.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Coryea, the Pats are dead when they are dead. And not a down of football before they are. I've learned that lesson many times. They always seem to play their best when people start to doubt. I expect their best yet. However, I always believe if you pull the tiger's teeth that is the way to kill him. If Brady has limited options as to where to put the ball, he isn't Jesus. If you don't have to worry about getting zapped down the sideline for 47 you can protect the middle (his bread and butter) a lot more aggressively.
I agree, but my point is, he doesn't have the arm strength to threaten you deep. The ball Haden picked, he tried to throw it out of bounds, those late passes on the final drive, he couldn't drive them into the endzone on a rope any more.
Taking a one route guy that runs a route he has trouble hitting anymore will get them back to what he's best at, and it will get White more involved. I hope I'm dead wrong and it really ***** them up

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

GRBman

Reaction score
I'm sure the Ginger Hammer got permission from Belichick to suspend him...

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I don't know where I read or heard it, but he came from a rough life and was hooked on hard drugs as early as 13 y.o. Seems like he was doomed from the start. His talent could only get him so far.

At some point you have to rise above what happened yesterday or sink into the abyss. He had beat the odds and was a pro football player. A pretty good one too.

I'm sure he's had all of the resources in the world at his disposal to help him. At some point you have to man up.

It's a bummer to see.

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope Gordon can get the help he needs to live life even if it's out of football. His journey could be a hard one as he is coddled on many things until he gets caught then is told to man up.

As for t*mmy b*y and the deep ball, put a fork in him because his TB12 coolaid is breaking new ground on the OLD AGE thingy. Nothing better than seeing his weak arm causing the loss.

Salute the nation

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
The lack of production out of our #3 spot has definitely been a weakness for our offense. IF Washington has turned the corner and with Eli out there in place of the midget (Switzer), this offense can be a lot better. I am still going to say we need to throw the ball to McDonald and force teams to figure out how to stop him.

IMO we have 2 number 1#s out there. Between them and the others (who ever), the TE should always be a focus. Especially when the line is so good in pass protection

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Football is matchups. Doesn't matter how good the QB is if you can plaster the receivers. Gordon was extremely valuable in creating the deep threat. I never want to say the Pats* are ****** because I said that in the SB against Atlanta. They are certainly up against it. If they don't get the two seed and have to go on the road for two weeks, I cannot see how they get to the SB. **** I wish we had a great defense. With the Pats down and possibly knocked out by someone else, this could be the Steelers time.

No Gordon, and wobbled & hobbled Gronk.
If the Steelers are to get over the Patriots in the playoffs, this would be the best opportunity.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. You'd swear these guys are hooked on heroin,crack,meth or pills. The dudes who get popped for ******* weed have no excuses. The hooks on that **** in the brain do not run deep. There's no physical dependency either.

Yeah. The drug abuse has to be something really strong and it's that....abuse.
Stupid to throw away an amazing career

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Brady’s arm is weaker and he may not throw deep mich but defenses still have to respect that deep threat because Gordon was explosive. Without him, defenses can play much tighter on the short stuff and on Gronk. The safeties can be more involved in the run game too.

In the past they have gotten by without deep threats because Gronk has been unstoppable. That no longer seems the case. He looks slow and isn’t making those great catches.

I know it’s the pats and we always expect them to figure something out and not miss a beat, but they may not have a lot of options.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
At some point you have to rise above what happened yesterday or sink into the abyss. He had beat the odds and was a pro football player. A pretty good one too.

I'm sure he's had all of the resources in the world at his disposal to help him. At some point you have to man up.

It's a bummer to see.

From someone that has never taken a drug in his life, I can't begin to know what an addict goes through. I imagine it's Hell. Some people gets help and beat it, while others struggle their whole life. I have a family member that has been in and out rehab for 3 years now. He swears he's clean, then I find out he's back in rehab. He goes to meetings, stays away from friends that influence him, but falls off quickly. My wife works for a drug and alcohol recovery patient facility and she has tried to get him help.
I would imagine the Browns and NE tried to get him help to turn him around, but it's obviously not working.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a reoccurring sensation. With different degrees of addiction. Depending on the drug.

A lot of it is simply not picking it up and experimenting.

There is often a stair-step issue. people are on the bottom step with a lesser issue.and then they simply can't get enough of a lift with that drug, so then comes the next step up.

Lost many of friends to drugs......

Stay away...............