• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Gordon meets ban hammer, again

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Cheats take a huge hit at WR

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1075761886954749953

Tom Pelissero

Verified account

@TomPelissero
Follow Follow @TomPelissero
More
#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Ian Crapoport

Verified account

@CrapSheet
3m3 minutes ago
More
The #Patriots knew this was coming and it affected them on the field: They used WR Cordarrelle Patterson over Gordon on the last play Sunday. For the price of a 5th rounder (with a 7th coming back), NE received 40 catches, 720 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games from Gordon.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Ian Crapoport

Verified account

@CrapSheet
3m3 minutes ago
More
The #Patriots knew this was coming and it affected them on the field: They used WR Cordarrelle Patterson over Gordon on the last play Sunday. For the price of a 5th rounder (with a 7th coming back), NE received 40 catches, 720 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games from Gordon.

I wish we had that production from Washington. Means nothing now though, since he's not helping his team going forward.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
So much talent being flushed down the toilet. It's a shame, really. Hope he gets his life together. That's bigger than football.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish we had that production from Washington. Means nothing now though, since he's not helping his team going forward.

The lack of production out of our #3 spot has definitely been a weakness for our offense. IF Washington has turned the corner and with Eli out there in place of the midget (Switzer), this offense can be a lot better. I am still going to say we need to throw the ball to McDonald and force teams to figure out how to stop him.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Football is matchups. Doesn't matter how good the QB is if you can plaster the receivers. Gordon was extremely valuable in creating the deep threat. I never want to say the Pats* are ****** because I said that in the SB against Atlanta. They are certainly up against it. If they don't get the two seed and have to go on the road for two weeks, I cannot see how they get to the SB. **** I wish we had a great defense. With the Pats down and possibly knocked out by someone else, this could be the Steelers time.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I hate Patriots, but IMO, this will actually help them, Hogan fits their short passing game alot better than Gordon

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Mr.Rocco

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Gordon and Bryant, they don't seem to have realized the opportunity that faces them and how its never going to come around again.
Sad to have all that talent with nothing in the head.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate Patriots, but IMO, this will actually help them, Hogan fits their short passing game alot better than Gordon

Not sure I am buying this will help them. Otherwise they could have benched him if they thought along those lines.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Not sure I am buying this will help them. Otherwise they could have benched him if they thought along those lines.
Gordon is the better player, and maybe Belicheat messed up there, but anyone that has watched Brady, can see his arm isn't what it once was. Gordon runs deep routes, that's the kind of WR he is, Brady doesn't throw that ball well anymore.
Hogan runs more variety of routes and is more of a possession type wr.
I could be totally wrong, haha

Lambert58

Reaction score
The lack of production out of our #3 spot has definitely been a weakness for our offense. IF Washington has turned the corner and with Eli out there in place of the midget (Switzer), this offense can be a lot better. I am still going to say we need to throw the ball to McDonald and force teams to figure out how to stop him.

This. McDonald is a talent and for a TE, he has a great ability to get YAC. Why he is not targeted more is beyond me. No safety or CB wants to see a big, strong TE on the loose downfield, which will also change their positioning and play on the WR's.

Spike

Reaction score
Browns win again!

lol

He couldn't handle the frustration of losing to the Steelers!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

If you have no one to force safety help you double Gronk and put your best cover corners on Edelman and Hogan. Then they are ******. No deep threat and you are operating in a phone both. They would get **** all against a team like the Ravens and Brady would get demolished.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He and Bryant both addicted to the drug that so many say is not addictive. Hmmmm.....

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
If you have no one to force safety help you double Gronk and put your best cover corners on Edelman and Hogan. Then they are ******. No deep threat and you are operating in a phone both. They would get **** all against a team like the Ravens and Brady would get demolished.
They were in the super bowl last year with those 3. I'm not saying they're going to turn into world beaters, but a deep threat on a team that likes to run quick routes and get the ball out isn't going to work, and Brady doesn't throw deep real well.

ark steel

Reaction score
Gordon is the better player, and maybe Belicheat messed up there, but anyone that has watched Brady, can see his arm isn't what it once was. Gordon runs deep routes, that's the kind of WR he is, Brady doesn't throw that ball well anymore.
Hogan runs more variety of routes and is more of a possession type wr.
I could be totally wrong, haha

You could be right. Forces the *'s to play to their strength instead of trying to include plays he is no longer capable of making.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. You'd swear these guys are hooked on heroin,crack,meth or pills. The dudes who get popped for ******* weed have no excuses. The hooks on that **** in the brain do not run deep. There's no physical dependency either.

Reactions: MTC

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They were in the super bowl last year with those 3. I'm not saying they're going to turn into world beaters, but a deep threat on a team that likes to run quick routes and get the ball out isn't going to work, and Brady doesn't throw deep real well.

Yeah those three and Brandin Cooks who was Josh Gordon last year except a little better. 1000 yards and 7 TDs. It isn't magic. If you can only do one thing really well a good defense will take it away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah those three and Brandin Cooks who was Josh Gordon last year except a little better. 1000 yards and 7 TDs. It isn't magic. If you can only do one thing really well a good defense will take it away.
I guess I don't think Gordon is that good, and Brady doesn't throw deep real well anymore, it'll force them to play to his strength, but that's just me

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I guess I don't think Gordon is that good, and Brady doesn't throw deep real well anymore, it'll force them to play to his strength, but that's just me

Don't get me wrong Coryea, the Pats are dead when they are dead. And not a down of football before they are. I've learned that lesson many times. They always seem to play their best when people start to doubt. I expect their best yet. However, I always believe if you pull the tiger's teeth that is the way to kill him. If Brady has limited options as to where to put the ball, he isn't Jesus. If you don't have to worry about getting zapped down the sideline for 47 you can protect the middle (his bread and butter) a lot more aggressively.