• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jackson > Rudolph

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll add my two cents...

Lamar Jackson is playing better than advertised and, yes, at this point, he's a better talent on the field.

There are a host of individuals, on the site and elsewhere, that still hold a grudge against Mike Vick - and that's ok; but even the best mobile QB of all-time (Vick) stated that Jackson's game is better than his was. That says a lot...

I don't think it's fair to compare the two - they are different types of QB's.

mdk2

Reaction score
I'll add my two cents...

Lamar Jackson is playing better than advertised and, yes, at this point, he's a better talent on the field.

There are a host of individuals, on the site and elsewhere, that still hold a grudge against Mike Vick - and that's ok; but even the best mobile QB of all-time (Vick) stated that Jackson's game is better than his was. That says a lot...

I don't think it's fair to compare the two - they are different types of QB's.

That’s Vick being nice.. no way does he actually believe that, nor should he. Vick was a successful QB for years when the league was a lot tougher on offenses and more physical. Jackson has done it for not even a full season yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oicu8ad

Reaction score
Let's add a little to the Randall Cunningham vs Lamar Jackson comparison.

Randall Cunningham today (can't touch the QB when sliding, can't hit low, can't hit high, can't knock him the **** out)

versus

Lamar Jackson back in 1985 - 2000 (RIP Lamar, you would be dead).

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but negative about Lamar Jackson since he got drafted. He (so far ) has proven everyone wrong and is in the conversation for League MVP.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I despise the race baiting here. Deplorable. BTW, I’d take Deshaun Watson and Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I don’t think anyone was ever arguing against Watson or Mahomes or who thought they weren’t going to be great... they are totally different types of QBs than LJ... those guys are pass first guys who thrive in the pocket... they do have mobility but that isn’t what they rely on to make the passing game go... if you make Watson and Mahomes stay in the pocket, they are going to still throw for ridiculous numbers... if you did the same to a guy like LJ he would be out of the league in a couple years...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Anybody watching the game today.. Jackson is putting on a clinic from the pocket so far 8/13 2 TDs

mdk2

Reaction score
Anybody watching the game today.. Jackson is putting on a clinic from the pocket so far 8/13 2 TDs

The gold jacket is being created as we speak. What a career.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The way Jackson runs, someone is going to get a shot on him and knock his block off. He runs a lot and rarely slides. Defenses will be looking to take shots on him just like all the running QB's in the past. He needs to learn to only run when absolutely necessary like Watson has already learned.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Baltimore now up 21-0 on Jackson’s 3rd TD pass today. Never mind there was an obvious blatant pick on the play that wasn’t called.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Ravens defense has six sacks now. This is an *** whipping.

mdk2

Reaction score
Ravens OL gets away with a ton of holding on plays when Jackson takes off running which is pretty much every down. Jackson is a great RB, this could be the first running back to win an mvp in a while.

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
While We are waiting around for Jackson to get injured he’s breaking records lol. My god nobody can stop him. Gonna be the next Brady with hair ball coaching him. Doom

madinsomniac

Reaction score
While We are waiting around for Jackson to get injured he’s breaking records lol. My god nobody can stop him. Gonna be the next Brady with hair ball coaching him. Doom

Just remember... Ooooohhhh .... Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Then Huh? And wtf?

Thats the pattern... early mvp seasons later crazy crash to earth...

Harbaugh is doing it right though...but when they play the pats in the playoffs and suddenly there is a gameplan to neutralize him it won’t be a surprise....

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember... Ooooohhhh .... Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Then Huh? And wtf?

Thats the pattern... early mvp seasons later crazy crash to earth...

Harbaugh is doing it right though...but when they play the pats in the playoffs and suddenly there is a gameplan to neutralize him it won’t be a surprise....
That whole offense was designed around lamar Jackson, multiple TEs capable of blocking and catching, option plays, etc. It was good planning from harbaugh, no one can compare Rudolph situation to that

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious to see what happens here when it all doesn't come crashing down. You gotta give Harbaugh and Company credit. They designed an offense around a ridiculously athletic QB that sure doesn't look awful throwing the ball. It is working. I'm a little jealous.

I know no one here wanted to draft Jackson. I didn't either. When you look at it, no way Tomlin and company have the brain power to do what Harbaugh did. They aren't that forward thinking. I mean, Tomlin and Fichtners's answer to the Ben injury is to have your QB throw 2-3 yards down the field so that there is constantly 8-9 guys in the box, therefore also negating your running game.

There is a good 10 weeks of tape on the Ravens' offense. No one has stopped it. The Steelers came as close as anyone, but it appears the Ravens have caught a second wind. Even if it only gets the Ravens a SB appearance or win this year, I would say it was worth it.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
People think because he's skinny and black, then he MUST eventually suffer some sort of catastrophic hit and injury when running the ball, and at that point those folks can say "see?? I toldja!! Didnt I tell ya??"

But I dont see it. Jackson is proving to be the real deal. His vision and reflexes when running is ******* ridiculous

mdk2

Reaction score
Jackson > Rudolph

People think because he's skinny and black, then he MUST eventually suffer some sort of catastrophic hit and injury when running the ball, and at that point those folks can say "see?? I toldja!! Didnt I tell ya??"

But I dont see it. Jackson is proving to be the real deal. His vision and reflexes when running is ******* ridiculous

I don’t care if he was skinny and aqua colored, I’d say the same thing. Damn, sooo sick of the race ****. I said the same damn thing for Wentz when he ran a ton his first year or two.

I guess the same could be said that you’re rooting for him because he is black. If he was white, would you be saying the same or care what was said about him? Do you root for just the black players on Steelers too? You don’t like Ben.. any white guys you do like?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score

I think most people think any QB who regularly runs downfield will get injured. It always happens. Will he get injured before he wins a SB? Who knows.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think most people think any QB who regularly runs downfield will get injured. It always happens. Will he get injured before he wins a SB? Who knows.

I never understood this idea. QBs running always have the ability to slide or generally control how hard they get hit. I would say a guy who sits in the pocket and takes a big hit when he throws is more likely to get hurt than a running QB.

Vader

Reaction score
I never understood this idea. QBs running always have the ability to slide or generally control how hard they get hit. I would say a guy who sits in the pocket and takes a big hit when he throws is more likely to get hurt than a running QB.

I've heard that before but most running QBs do get hurt. RGIII and Cam Newton come to mind. Deshaun Watson was hurt last year. Wilson played all of 2016 hurt. Mahomes got hurt running just this year. Even if they don't get blasted they get hurt enough that they can't run like they did when they first came into the league.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with QBs and RBs getting injured pretty often. You even have coaches limiting the carries of RBs that are undersized. Must be because they are black right?

He keeps being compared to Vick. Vick never played 16 games in a season. Look at how Cam Newton is breaking down. Look how most RBs are washed up by 30.

Carson Wentz got hurt running. RG3 got hurt running. Mahomes got hurt on a sneak. Watson has been injured multiple times.

When you take into account his small frame, the normal risk of being injured in the pocket and the extra risk of being injured as a RB, the fact is that if Jackson doesn't get injured, it would be a damn miracle.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with QBs and RBs getting injured pretty often. You even have coaches limiting the carries of RBs that are undersized. Must be because they are black right?

He keeps being compared to Vick. Vick never played 16 games in a season. Look at how Cam Newton is breaking down. Look how most RBs are washed up by 30.

Carson Wentz got hurt running. RG3 got hurt running. Mahomes got hurt on a sneak. Watson has been injured multiple times.

When you take into account his small frame, the normal risk of being injured in the pocket and the extra risk of being injured as a RB, the fact is that if Jackson doesn't get injured, it would be a damn miracle.

Welp, so far, looks like his results are pretty miraculous

Last edited:

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t care if he was skinny and aqua colored, I’d say the same thing. Damn, sooo sick of the race ****. I said the same damn thing for Wentz when he ran a ton his first year or two.

I guess the same could be said that you’re rooting for him because he is black. If he was white, would you be saying the same or care what was said about him? Do you root for just the black players on Steelers too? You don’t like Ben.. any white guys you do like?

What the **** are you babbling about? Are you drunk? I dont like Ben? Since when?

Just shut the **** up and sober up, dickweed