• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's put up or shut up time

ark steel

Reaction score
The dropped td by Coates, and passes by Bell, James and AB in that game were right in their hands, couldn't have been handed to them cleaner. Why does a dropped pass have to include well Ben didn't put it in the right place, why can't anyone say the pass catcher flat out dropped it?
Yes our defense is playing better now than then, Tom Brady threw for a whole 186 yards last week and won because of his defense, should he get that win stripped from him?
Is it safe to say the up pace no huddle offense worked alot better vs Baltimore in that first game than the slow plodding offense did?

you know the *'s cheat right? Can't use them as an example. For anything.

Spike

Reaction score
Chicken **** football...
Start out with a fullback, 2 TE's, and an extra O-Lineman and one wide-out and go right after their assess!

Dick swinging contests are all you're interested in?

The 80's are calling, go back to Madden 1

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
All kidding aside, we have the best all around RB and WR in the game. Our QB is top five when he's right. Our line has come a long way the last couple seasons and our secondary receivers have been making plays too. Bottom line, there's no excuse for not beating those bums at home. None, no injury bullshit, no coaching bullshit, NOTHING.

Our defense is also much improved the last few weeks. As far as I'm concerned if they lose this game they just don't have what it takes and it's time to reevaluate. Dead serious, this group is better than them across the board, if they can't beat them when it counts then they just aren't winners. Period. The excuses and what if's are running out of validity.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
**** baltimore....give Ayers a helmet and let him and Brown destroy that secondary.....

deljzc

Reaction score
QJUqyAF.png

Those arent exactly elite QB stats.

Then remember these 'almost' INT's from the last game?

ScarceLeadingBlackpanther.gif

SpectacularScentedBeagle.gif

If Ben can give us at least an average performance, we can win this easily.

Wow... those numbers are bad. And it didn't even total/average the worst part: 11.1 points per game. Never scored 21 or more. Three of eight a touchdown or less.

Maybe we are reading too much into it. Ben just needs to be average Ben and we just need to score 21 points. How about just trying that and seeing what happens?

Steelers17

Reaction score
This team has been owned by the Ravens in recent history. The game plans have been brutal, constantly playing into their hands of a low scoring plodding game where the Ravens make the key plays and the Steelers play catch up leading to big turnovers. The table has been turned from the early Flacco Era where the Steelers really had their number. Clearly in my mind it's on Haley and his offensive unit to come up with a different plan. You gotta get this thing done. It's a playoff game essentially and you are at home. Ball out or smell ya later Todd. 30 point predictions are useless.

1) Dating to 11/28/2013, the Steelers have lost 6 of the past 7 Raven's games
2) BTW and for what it is worth, over the past 5-post seasons, the Steelers have one win under Ole Ben and Coach Shades!

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
**** the Ravens. Steelers are gonna win. I don't care how they do it. Even if it's just by a point. Just win

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
Wow... those numbers are bad. And it didn't even total/average the worst part: 11.1 points per game. Never scored 21 or more. Three of eight a touchdown or less.

Maybe we are reading too much into it. Ben just needs to be average Ben and we just need to score 21 points. How about just trying that and seeing what happens?

And if the Defense can take one to house,all the better.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
The big difference I predict for this game is interceptions. I predict two, with the last one being a reminder of the Flacco of old back breaker type. Then our offense will go three and out ( run, run, failed bomb, punt) with 1:45 left leaving us all ******** bricks but this time the defense holds and we win a nail biter.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

You do realize those were just the games in Baltimore, right? Here's the list of Ben's games against the Ravens in Pittsburgh (where they'll be playing this Sunday):

Year Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate

2004 BAL W 20-7 14 19 73.68 221 2 1 125.1
2005 BAL W 20-19 18 30 60.00 177 2 1 85.0
2006 BAL L 7-31 15 31 48.39 156 1 2 47.2
2007 BAL W 38-7 13 16 81.25 209 5 0 158.3
2008 BAL W 23-20 14 24 58.33 191 1 1 80.4
2009 BAL W 23-20 17 33 51.52 259 1 1 75.2
2011 BAL L 20-23 20 37 54.05 330 1 1 82.0
2013 BAL W 19-16 17 23 73.91 160 1 0 107.2
2014 BAL W 43-23 25 37 67.57 340 6 0 136.3

7-2 record, 23.7 points per game, 20 TDs, 7 INTs, and only one truly horrendous game which was 10 years ago.

Sorry if the numbers are a bit difficult to read, but do you feel better?

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
I think we've reached the BS saturation point.
No more talk, time to earn your check Steelers.

Spike

Reaction score
Jumbo set *******!!

yeah run it up the gut 20 times in a row - that might get you a FG for the first half

of course coach cool shades will be chest thumping as he gets beat for the 5th time, but the dick swinging is all that matters right?

ATTACK THEIR WEAKNESS - the secondary!

Ravens officially rule out Jimmy Smith vs PIT

Ravens CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 16 against the Steelers.

The Ravens are going to have a hard time slowing down Antonio Brown without their top corner. They'll turn to Shareece Wright across from rookie Tavon Young, with Jerraud Powers in the slot. It's a pass-funnel situation for Ben Roethlisberger

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6558/jimmy-smith

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah run it up the gut 20 times in a row - that might get you a FG for the first half

of course coach cool shades will be chest thumping as he gets beat for the 5th time, but the dick swinging is all that matters right?

ATTACK THEIR WEAKNESS - the secondary!

Ravens officially rule out Jimmy Smith vs PIT

Ravens CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 16 against the Steelers.

The Ravens are going to have a hard time slowing down Antonio Brown without their top corner. They'll turn to Shareece Wright across from rookie Tavon Young, with Jerraud Powers in the slot. It's a pass-funnel situation for Ben Roethlisberger

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6558/jimmy-smith

And you attack it with first downs, throwing enough to move the chains and control the clock and get ahead and take the rats out of their game plan. And away from the biggest probable Steelers weakness due to injury, the run D.

Mix it up throw Grimble out there, Bey out there.

No bombs away unless the player is clearly open as in they have a step on the DB.

But trend that on 1st or second, not third and short.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Its just funny to me that the league dramatically libralized the passing rules, neutered defenses to the point of irrelevance, and trivialized the run game to the point it almost doesnt matter and we still have people wanting to poind the ball every game....

Look if a team is giving up the run, take it, but if not throw till you are blue in the face

Sevenisheaven

Banned
Reaction score
I see it pretty simplistically

Ben Brown and Bell are so significantly better than Flacco Smith and West its hysterical. We are out Tuitt and Heyward and they are out Smith. They don't have a great back so I'd look for a lot of misdirection runs from them. On that battle Shazier is the key hands down. If they don't have gap integrity it could be a long long day. When their D is on the field we need to simply be creative with Bell and not run up the gut when they stack the line. Bring and an extra lineman in, use Nix, use two TEs, lots of play action, run Bell with two or three wise etc. I personally think it comes down to Haley putting their skill players in a position to win. Also I think they need to use Davis and Burns aggressively and Burns should get physical at the line. Id hate to see the Steelers let Flacco dink and dunk all day to a plethora of mediocre at best skill players.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't give a **** if it's 5 wide *******, jumbo set, spread O, etc, just win this ******* game please! Sick of losing to these asshats!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't give a **** if it's 5 wide *******, jumbo set, spread O, etc, just win this ******* game please! Sick of losing to these asshats!

just win baby!

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking IF we were to lose tomorrow, our only hopes are: 1) Ravens lose in week 17 and we win. OR 2) the Broncos win out creating three way (four way) tie with Miami, Denver/KC and us at 10-6, whereby a tiebreaker falls in our favor for a wildcard??

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking IF we were to lose tomorrow, our only hopes are: 1) Ravens lose in week 17 and we win. OR 2) the Broncos win out creating three way (four way) tie with Miami, Denver/KC and us at 10-6, whereby a tiebreaker falls in our favor for a wildcard??

#1 is correct.

#2 is somewhat correct, but NE also would need to beat the Dolphins.

You forgot #3: the Steelers are in (assuming they can beat Cleveland) if KC loses both games. It won't matter what Denver or Miami do in week 17.

If the Steelers lose and the Chiefs win on Christmas, we'll basically be depending on the Bengals to beat the Ravens. A Broncos win gives Pittsburgh many more chances for the final week.

Last edited:

obxsteeler

Reaction score
I see it pretty simplistically

Ben Brown and Bell are so significantly better than Flacco Smith and West its hysterical. We are out Tuitt and Heyward and they are out Smith. They don't have a great back so I'd look for a lot of misdirection runs from them. On that battle Shazier is the key hands down. If they don't have gap integrity it could be a long long day. When their D is on the field we need to simply be creative with Bell and not run up the gut when they stack the line. Bring and an extra lineman in, use Nix, use two TEs, lots of play action, run Bell with two or three wise etc. I personally think it comes down to Haley putting their skill players in a position to win. Also I think they need to use Davis and Burns aggressively and Burns should get physical at the line. Id hate to see the Steelers let Flacco dink and dunk all day to a plethora of mediocre at best skill players.

Unfortunately there may be as big a diference between the DL's in favor of the Ravens. And Haley doesn't have a lot if skill players beyond Brown and Bell.Just hope our rookies on D are ready for this kind of game.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately there may be as big a diference between the DL's in favor of the Ravens. And Haley doesn't have a lot if skill players beyond Brown and Bell.Just hope our rookies on D are ready for this kind of game.

Rogers and The Outlaw ... Looking for big things from those guys today. At least a few key receptions at appropriate times will be needed from one or both them today. I think they come through.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Rogers and The Outlaw ... Looking for big things from those guys today. At least a few key receptions at appropriate times will be needed from one or both them today. I think they come through.
Grimble could be huge today. Be nice if he can step up

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app