• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Tomlin viewed more favorably outside of SN

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't doubt that your money has given you the opportunity to feel that you are helping the team... Both things can be true... The bottom line is that fans PAY MONEY to create that "hostile environment..." (perceived or not...) AND members of the Pittsburgh Steelers get PAID MONEY to create a REAL hostile environment... The fact of the matter is, sticks, stones and 300 lb. defensive lineman can break your bones, but mean cheers can never hurt you.... Enjoy YOUR life where you actually think words ("hostile pronouns and loud noises...) can irritate others...
Different sport, but ask Johnny Cueto about cheers and jeers hurting your ability to perform

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Cliquers are hilarious.... Thank the Chief cliques aren't a thing in training camp.... (The second statement is, indeed correct... The Steelers lost to the Packers....) There CAN be some overlap between 5-1 and 3-8... 8-9 overall... according to Pro Football Reference... remember, if a team wins a playoff game, they get to play another... When the Steelers were 6th seeds, they won three playoffs and the Superbowl...
What the hell are you babbling about now? Are facts really that confusing to you?

I'm not in a "clique" with Wolf44. I do like his opinionated style, but nonetheless I wanted to correct what he wrongly asserted as a fact. I don't like you and your stupid banter, so I'm purposely unfriendly when I correct you. Pretty f*cking simple.

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
Different sport, but ask Johnny Cueto about cheers and jeers hurting your ability to perform

Ask any mother about "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words will never hurt you..." that's better advice than asking some underperformer who can't contact a ball with a piece of wood, and crumbles in the pressure of the moment, then uses "crowd noise" as his "the sun was in my eyes" excuse....

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
What the hell are you babbling about now? Are facts really that confusing to you?

I'm not in a "clique" with Wolf44. I do like his opinionated style, but nonetheless I wanted to correct what he wrongly asserted as a fact. I don't like you and your stupid banter, so I'm purposely unfriendly when I correct you. Pretty f*cking simple.
Isn't that the definition of clique?? Being attracted to someone's style?? Correcting people is largely irrelevant...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Which title?? The one that I actually authored saying I'm living rent-free in your head??? Yeah, fitting...
Actually the only time I think of you is when I see your idiotic posts. If you can't figure out the title I am referencing it is even more fitting and hilarious.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Punx, during the coaching period from 92 - 2003 (2003 when the TommyGun experiment was used), Cowher’s Rushing Offenses were ranked no less than 5th in attempts every year except twice (8th in 1998 and 16th in 2003). While they ranked 9th in Pass attempts in 1995 (SB XXX) they were also ranked 24th in INTs thrown. The three previous years they were ranked no lower than 6th.

During the Tomczak/Graham/Kordell years they were ranked no higher than 16th in PAs, UNTIL 2003, in which they were ranked 9th. They were also ranked 14th in PY and 16th in PTDs. Their rushing offense that year was 16th in attempts and 31st in Total Yds.

Chin’s SB XL year, they were 1st in rushing attempts and 32nd (LAST) in passing attempts. So, to open things up on offense was rare or on a short leash. 80% of his coaching years were Ball Control by rushing attempts, winning TOP and playing great defense. His strengths were what he chose to build his team around those facets. He never wanted or needed a franchise QB. His game philosophy did not place a priority for one.

Cowher obviously prioritized the running game, as I never claimed he was Don Coryell from an offensive philosophy standpoint, but the notion that he didn't sufficiently value the passing game is questionable, especially in the context of the team's success under him.

The Steelers ranked top 10 in passing attempts in two of his four seasons with O'Donnell (1993 and 1995) and in yards or attempts with Maddox in 2002 and 2003.

There are examples of Cowher adjusting and deviating from his core approach.

Just because they also ran the ball a lot during those seasons does not mean they were still taking the air out of the ball all of the time. Some of the best passing offenses in league history also ranked highly in rushing attempts.

I also find the assertion that he did not have a franchise QB because he did not want one curious, as if those guys were as plentiful as disease in a whorehouse in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

I suppose if one wanted to go ultimate revisionist history, he could claim the Steelers should have signed Kurt Warner off the Rams practice squad in 1998 or drafted Tom Brady instead of Tee Martin in 2000, but the whole league missed the boats on them.

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
Actually the only time I think of you is when I see your idiotic posts. If you can't figure out the title I am referencing it is even more fitting and hilarious.
And see what a willing volunteer you are to give me information?? At that point I have more information and as far as that post, I'm as much of an idiot as you... I use a computer to learn things from willing dupes like you... Thanks...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And see what a willing volunteer you are to give me information?? At that point I have more information and as far as that post, I'm as much of an idiot as you... I use a computer to learn things from willing dupes like you... Thanks...
Uhuh you need to use that computer a lot more. A lot.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently, that means you will too... Since you are one of "the willing dupes" who make me smarter... Thanks again....
So what do you think your idiot level score is 9 give or take point or ?.. yeah.

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
So what do you think your idiot level score is 9 give or take point or ?.. yeah.

If you want to arbitrarily make-up another subjective number, have at it...
How smart is it to continuously hurl insults knowing they have no effect on me?? You're giving me a larger rent-free space...
Like I said, too easy...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

If you want to arbitrarily make-up another subjective number, have at it...
How smart is it to continuously hurl insults knowing they have no effect on me?? You're giving me a larger rent-free space...
Like I said, too easy...

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't do other people's homework...
not my job to try and prove your point

I have never seen a definition of the word clique that included the line "being attracted to someone's style"

so unless you can prove otherwise you are wrong again as well as being a liar

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
not my job to try and prove your point

I have never seen a definition of the word clique that included the line "being attracted to someone's style"

so unless you can prove otherwise you are wrong again as well as being a liar
BUT... I don't know that you've ever seen a definition... So until you provide a different one, I'll stick with what has been provided... If you deny something, it's your job to defend your denial... If you can't or won't, your denial isn't worth considering...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
BUT... I don't know that you've ever seen a definition... So until you provide a different one, I'll stick with what has been provided... If you deny something, it's your job to defend your denial... If you can't or won't, your denial isn't worth considering...
you didn't provide one, you asked a question and I answered it

You denied I was correct when I said you were wrong. so the burden is on you