• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I love seeing Brock Assholer **** the bed

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. If you got back to the 90's it gets even worse. Tomlin actually has a somewhat respectable record against them compared to Cowher but his teams haven;t faced them in the playoffs since he's been coach. Tomlin talks all the time about"football justice". Since they were able to avoid the Pats on both lowB repuS runs under Tomlin justice would be finally seeing them in the playoffs during his tenure. Let's see if they can slay the dragon.

Avoid is an interesting word. In this context it makes it seem as if the Steelers (aka "Tomlin") went out of the way to avoid the Pat*. When in reality, if I remember correctly, one team kept winning during those Steelers lowB repuS runs and the other didn't. Thus, one was deserving of the shot to win the lowB repuS and the other was not. I don't think you have to "avoid" a team that isn't in your way. So, "football justice" was served because ... well, the inferior team during those years lost ... and the superior team kept on playing. Happens that way every year (well, except those years that the Pat* are able to give the football gods a "little help").

Last edited:

steel shinin

Reaction score
Avoid is an interesting word. In this context it makes it seem as if the Steelers (aka "Tomlin") went out of the way to avoid the Pat*. When in reality, if I remember correctly, one team kept winning during those Steelers lowB repuS runs and the other didn't. Thus, one was deserving of the shot to win the lowB repuS and the other was not. I don't think you have to "avoid" a team that isn't in your way. So, "football justice" was served because ... well, the inferior team during those years lost ... and the superior team kept on playing. Happens that way every year (well, except those years that the Pat* are able to give the football gods a "little help").

If a team kicks your *** more often than not then yes you would use the term "avoid" as it pertains to whether or not you would have beaten them and advanced. You can go back to the 2005 Steelers and that Super Bowl run and look at if they would have beaten the Pats that year as well. Until they beat them in a playoff game on one of these runs and continue to get embarrassed playing them then avoid is appropriate. The Steelers didn't go out of their way but the Pats didn't end up in their way either.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
If a team kicks your *** more often than not then yes you would use the term "avoid" as it pertains to whether or not you would have beaten them and advanced. You can go back to the 2005 Steelers and that lowB repuS run and look at if they would have beaten the Pats that year as well. Until they beat them in a playoff game on one of these runs and continue to get embarrassed playing them then avoid is appropriate. The Steelers didn't go out of their way but the Pats didn't end up in their way either.

And why is it that the Pat* didn't end up in their way? Because they lost. You simply can't avoid what isn't in your way. I mean you could, but that would be jumping at shadows that aren't there.
And oh by the way .... **** the Pat*!

Edit: I'll accept your premise. However, that means that the Pat* sure were lucky in 2014 to avoid meeting the Giants and Eli Manning in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
why are we supposed to be so impressed by the Patriots beating the Texans?? Is it because the Texans were 2-0? who cares, who did they beat? The Bears (horrible team) and the Chiefs (eh team). It's not like the Texans were 8-0 and setting the league on fire. I've read the "undefeated Texans" and the "division leading Texans" as if it meant something. The Colts are 0-2 for the third straight year, the Titans are still rebuilding and are far from contending for anything, and the Jags, well, they are still the Jags.

So I'm not impressed, I don't care if it was with their third string QB. It was the Texans, not a true contending team in the NFL...

Wingman

Reaction score
Listening in on the other teams plays has got to be a big help as well as having the other teams signals jamed with broadcasts from the game announcers. Interesting that no one has ever mentioned this about any place other than fox borough.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wing, That is something that happens all the time. WHY hasn't that been corrected?? Tomlin LAST year was near reprimanded for bringing it to a public awareness. It's amazing how there hasn't been any "expose's" on this subject. The NFL can conceal it as much as possible but sooner or latter things will come out. Big money may step in and sequester it, but it eventually will come out.

Salute the nation

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
This guy just seems like a complete toolbag - Brock Osweiler thinks that early criticism of his play is 'hilarious' -
The Texans quarterback looked particularly bad on a second quarter pass that was intercepted by Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins. Osweiler tried to squeeze a pass into a tight window and it ended quite poorly.

But, despite the criticism, the quarterback seems just peachy. Osweiler is not even mad. In fact, it's funny to him!

“I think that’s hilarious, to be honest with you,” Osweiler said, according to the Houston Chronicle. “The critique comes from a whole lot of people that don’t know my read on that play. They’ve probably never actually sat in an offensive meeting in their life, let alone a quarterback meeting in the National Football League.”

All of the bad players in the NFL sit in NFL meetings, Osshole. Until they don't.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...rly-criticism-of-his-play-is-hilarious-093016