• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I love seeing Brock Assholer **** the bed

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Tomlin's never played them in the playoffs.

I was just thinking about how amazing it is that the two best teams in the AFC in the last decade or more haven't played in the playoffs since 2005.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
A ******* cheater will never get my respect

chipped ham

Reaction score
Anyone think that maybe the Texans are just total frauds? They were nothing more than fools gold over the first two games of the season. The media was all over their jocks, but come on.

C

Clete

I was just thinking about how amazing it is that the two best teams in the AFC in the last decade or more haven't played in the playoffs since 2005.

Not really, in Tomlin's 9 years he has lost in the first round or missed the playoffs 6 of 9 seasons while the Pats are winning their division and going deep in the playoffs.

steel shinin

Reaction score
Not really, in Tomlin's 9 years he has lost in the first round or missed the playoffs 6 of 9 seasons while the Pats are winning their division and going deep in the playoffs.

And won a Super Bowl and went to another. Your point is? The Patriots have the same amount of Super Bowl wins since Tomlin became head coach. I will say this though......except for the game that the Steelers played Cassel and won in '08 and the Woodley hamstring game in '11 the Steelers have gotten ****** WORKED by the Patriots since Tomlin has been head coach in the regular season. The Steelers played them in the regular season in both seasons they went to the Super Bowl under Tomlin. They beat the Cassel Pats and got their ***** handed to them by Brady in 2010. They are the one team that has consistently beaten the Steelers *** scheme wise for YEARS. I can't wait for the game later this season.

Dec 9, 2007 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 13 34
Nov 30, 2008 Sun W Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 33 10
Nov 14, 2010 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers New England Patriots 26 39
Oct 30, 2011 Sun W Pittsburgh Steelers New England Patriots 25 17
Nov 3, 2013 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 31 55
Sep 10, 2015 Thu L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 21 28

C

Clete

The Pats have been much more successful in Tomlin's era with 12 playoff wins to Tomlin's mediocre 6 and in the last 6 years he has 8 playoff wins and a Super Bowl victory compared to Tomlin's pathetic ONE win and that was against a backup QB with the help of the refs .

madinsomniac

Reaction score
And once more the pats chest at levels never attempted before because no one has ever been that ammoral outside of al davis, who frankly didnt have the tech available back in his heyday to rig things so thoroughly... No scheme allows a team to dominate for that long with mediocre players all over the place...

Quit bitching about the results of a known and proven cheating team... I have no interest in tainted super bowls...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is two fold.

The Texans aren't all that.

Secondly the Patriots are somehow someway still cheating.

I think it might be that they found a sneakier way to steal the signals.

That team knows that the penalties for cheating isn't major. And they still have Ernie under their guidance.

That team has did too many shady things to have just said **** it I am stopping.

Anyways

**** the Patriots.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Secondly the Patriots are somehow someway still cheating.

Absolutely. They always are. Just look at the headset malfunctions that go on up in Foxborough. The Dolphins had trouble last week with it.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They win with a bunch of scrubs. That organization is horseshit in my opinion. It defies all logic in sports. I'm sorry but what they do isn't all that complex.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I believe if other coaches thought they were cheating they would come out and say it, file a complaint, or conjure up some kind of lawsuit.
The fact is they have owned us. Our best game was when we lined up man to man with press coverage. If we use the D we are using now we will get destroyed. Even if we win the regular season game I would not put much stock into it. Their division is terrible this year and will probably have a huge lead. They might lay down or play vanilla since both teams have a shot at being there in the end.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Horrible effort by Houston. I was hoping they would beat the Cheatriots but they let me down.

Steelers1356

Reaction score

The joy of playing in the AFC east.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
But not when it's against the Cheatriots. They look like they will be 4-0 during Marsha's suspension. They will be even tougher to beat when he is back. They are easily the favorites to win it all now.

Slash#10

Reaction score
I think it is more they had Dick Lebeau number. Our offense scores on NE. It was our defensive scheme that Brady ate alive. The little success we had vs. Brady is when Lebeaus adjusted defensive scheme.

also, comparing Pats success vs Tomlin/steelers success isn't apples to apples. NE division has been trash! Brady has 5 superbowl appearences. Ravens and Steelers combine for 5 lwoB repuS appearences in the same era. Jets, Bills, Dolphins haven't been a threat to Brady. While Ravens and Steelers have had there successes. Even Bengals have had a few years of regular season success.

I feel very confident that Steelers can come out victorious in the playoffs vs. Pats. Just don'thave a repeat of '04 coming out deflated. Tomlin has adjusted to being very lliberal in giving vet days off. I think it does a lot for his players health as he expects to make a deep playoff run.

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Cripes....we're only into week three and the Pats already have a 2 game lead on the Jets and a 3 game lead on the Bills and Dolphins. It's hard to win playoff games but much easier when you already know you can pretty much pencil in a first round bye and a home playoff game just because you play in a candy-*** division where you are pretty much guaranteed 6 wins before the season even starts.

chipped ham

Reaction score
And won a Super Bowl and went to another. Your point is? The Patriots have the same amount of Super Bowl wins since Tomlin became head coach. I will say this though......except for the game that the Steelers played Cassel and won in '08 and the Woodley hamstring game in '11 the Steelers have gotten ****** WORKED by the Patriots since Tomlin has been head coach in the regular season. The Steelers played them in the regular season in both seasons they went to the Super Bowl under Tomlin. They beat the Cassel Pats and got their ***** handed to them by Brady in 2010. They are the one team that has consistently beaten the Steelers *** scheme wise for YEARS. I can't wait for the game later this season.

Dec 9, 2007 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 13 34
Nov 30, 2008 Sun W Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 33 10
Nov 14, 2010 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers New England Patriots 26 39
Oct 30, 2011 Sun W Pittsburgh Steelers New England Patriots 25 17
Nov 3, 2013 Sun L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 31 55
Sep 10, 2015 Thu L Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots 21 28

Hell, they've gotten worked by them since the days of Cowher. The fog bowl, the two championship games, the randle el-lateral-to-Hines-Ward-that-was-fumbled game.

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Yep, they are still cheating. Several plays on defense last night where they knew EXACTLY where the ball was going. I can understand a good guess sometimes, but when the DBs continue to jump routes with no safety help behind them....

Chiba

Reaction score
If we had Belicheck as a coach this team would have won ten Super Bowls. .

Yep - that's what they are saying in Cleveland. If we had a Bilicheat as a coach we'd win - wait a minute... didn't Belicheat coach the Browns? How did that work out? I don't remember Cleveland's ten championships...

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think it's "cheating" if you basically let Brock try and beat you. Dude chucked it up 41x and that's what you want! He's not who he thinks he is and last night proved that. Mediocre athlete, questionable decision maker, average at best accuracy. If the Broncos saw the potential, he'd be there and he def' wouldn't have been yanked from the SD game last year. My question is more.. where the **** was the Texans supposed stud D?? The 12 play goal line BS not withstanding, they got worked. They said they looked at film of Bris' @NC St, so why not KNOW the ****** can wheel a little? Put a spy on him, make him beat you w/his wing. ****** coaching all the way around. In the end, you still gotta beat who's in front of you, and that will be the Brady bunch.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If we had Belicheck as a coach this team would have won ten Super Bowls. Beating the pants off a division winner with a third string rookie QB. We couldn't beat anyone with our backup. I will never watch another Super Bowl with the Pats in it except on a recording if they lose.

I doubt the Rooneys would allow a cheating piece of cheating **** like cheating Belichick to use his cheating methods to secure cheating victories for the Steelers.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Houston outgained the Pats and had more TOP. The Texans gave up less than 300 total yards so they did not play that bad. The offense / special teams did not help out with 3 turnovers.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
p*ts had the ball on the texans side of the field a LOT. thus, the discrepancy in TOP and yards

steel shinin

Reaction score
Hell, they've gotten worked by them since the days of Cowher. The fog bowl, the two championship games, the randle el-lateral-to-Hines-Ward-that-was-fumbled game.

Absolutely. If you got back to the 90's it gets even worse. Tomlin actually has a somewhat respectable record against them compared to Cowher but his teams haven;t faced them in the playoffs since he's been coach. Tomlin talks all the time about"football justice". Since they were able to avoid the Pats on both Super Bowl runs under Tomlin justice would be finally seeing them in the playoffs during his tenure. Let's see if they can slay the dragon.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
the texans run D was horrible, slow as **** in those end arounds and jet sweeps. That and the turnovers killed them