• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I LOVE me some Mike Tomlin, BUT...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't respect the Patriots organization for smug attitude and arrogance thinking they're above the league and for their cheating over the years, but even when that isn't going on, Belichick will coach circles around just about everyone else out there. Save me from the he wasn't successful in Cleveland talk because he has 14 double-digit winning seasons since 2000, including 10 with 12 or more wins. Think of him what you will, but New England is competing for a championship every single season with every team in the league gunning for them.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
i don't respect the patriots organization for smug attitude and arrogance thinking they're above the league and for their cheating over the years, but even when that isn't going on, belichick will coach circles around just about everyone else out there. Save me from the he wasn't successful in cleveland talk because he has 14 double-digit winning seasons since 2000, including 10 with 12 or more wins. think of him what you will, but new england is competing for a championship every single season with every team in the league gunning for them.

because he is cheating

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And yet he did nothing at Cleveland. Why is that?

Belicheat is no great coach. He got to an organization that cheats that is all.

No one is a good coach there. The organization sucks. And he got to an organization that supports cheating.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Belicheck is a complete cheater and hasn't won **** without cheating or the cheating *** pos Brady, F the Patriots and F Goodell for being their butt buddy!

That is all

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
He was 10-6 and on the rise in Cleveland until Art announced the move, then, of course, all hell broke loose. He is the best coach of our life times.

You are delusional........Parcells, was his mentor and did more with nothing than he ever did. Without cheating methods (that we know of) as well. Heck, if Jones would have swallowed his huge ego, Dallas could have had at least two more championships.

As Keserclan posted, it appears Belichick had a losing season after a winning one.....lost Saban as DC.

Last edited:

titus

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, and I can't believe people bring up his Cleveland days as a reasonable argument to question his coaching ability. To me, that is beyond stupid. I would hope that anyone would get better at their job the longer they do it. I know I get better at what I do every day, and I have been at it for @ 20 years. 30 years ago he sucked in Cleveland... der her.. ignore the fact that he has a lot more experience now and is a student of the game, and is not an idiot. He should be pretty good, he's been at it forever. He is not stuck in his ways and is constantly trying to find any edge that he can to exploit the other team, that makes him a great coach and strategist. I hate the pompous cheater, but to say that he is not a great coach is just absolutely asinine.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
If he is such a genius, has such a brain for football, why did he cheat? I'm serious. Why did he feel in his omnipresence that cheating was necessary, fair or a good idea?????

Sure, the greatest ever.

Wingman

Reaction score
IF he was good he could win with out cheating, so far as we can tell he can't.

diver

Reaction score
If he is such a genius, has such a brain for football, why did he cheat? I'm serious. Why did he feel in his omnipresence that cheating was necessary, fair or a good idea?????

Sure, the greatest ever.

That is what I can't understand. Why cheat? He is a hell of a coach, so why do it?

He has no one to blame but himself when people question his success, even if that questioning is sometimes sour grapes.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I was driving back from Tennessee yesterday and put the VT game on the radio. They were talking about their new head coach, and likening him to Mike Tomlin. They have extreme reverence for the type of coach that Tomlin is. It's amazing to me that this fan base is so divided on how effective a head coach Mike is, while the rest of the country has nothing but respect and admiration for our coach...

I misspoke, it was the FSU broadcast team. I also listened to the FSU v USF game before the VT game. Their announcer worked with Tomlin in TB.

Last edited:

Wingman

Reaction score
I often thought MT was a work in progress and initially did not think he was real good as a coach. I also really believed that the Rooney's might have been after a coach that did not have traits that they had to change. If one looks at his improvements in the ways he seems to be doing things it is easy to see his improvement in lots of areas. No coach will be perfect. If he continues the way he has and I am not talking about record I would say he is worth keeping until he decided to leave. He has made the team his own and it appears to be a productive team even with some of the star players missing. Game planning is better than I remember for a good while. The production of points has been very good. Points against has also been very good. All three phases of the game have been at least good or better. Game time decisions have also been good. 4th down conversions in the first game, playing with what the team and the weather would give you in the second. Leading in time of possession, winning the field position battle.

Not saying there are not ways to improve on these things but a very good job is being done. I actually think MT has arrived at the point where he has grown from an assistant coach into a very good head coach, if he continues along these lines he could be a great coach.

C

Clete

Belicheck starts a 3rd string rookie QB on 3 days notice and scores 27 points and wins. Tomlin has a week to prepare for a rookie QB coming off a short week and gave up 34 points to said rookie. HUGE advantage in coaching to Belicheck and Tomlin is nothing but a mediocre coach with a great team and HOF QB covering for his sorry ***.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
WTF does Belicheat have to do with this?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes I've read the stupid thread, but what does he have to do with this game? He's the standard when it comes to cheating. I seem to recall the standard getting beaten by 40 some points at KC recently with his all word cheating side kick QB, it happens.

C

Clete

I didn't see either game so what was I to comment on ? I only saw the second half of this game but it was enough to know Tomlin is still a poor coach.

C

Clete

Tomlin could cheat and would still be outcoached. He is the genius that kept Ben in the game today for no reason risking injury, etc, Tomlin has won one playoff game in 6 years, the bloom is far off the rose, **** the ****.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Told you guys. He will be here all week..lmao

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
Never been a Tomlin fan. Think he is ill prepared. Players love him tho.

tough to be a friend and a boss.....

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Love u too Cletus