• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I LOVE me some Mike Tomlin, BUT...

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Bill Belichick is a mf'in genius.

I realize that everyone (Including myself) hates that organiziation. But we have to give respect where its due.

Beli is easily one of the top 5 coaches of all time.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I hate his guts but he's a great coach even when he's not cheating.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
**** the Patriots. I hate them.

Wingman

Reaction score
His coaching ability was on display in Cleveland for a time and he did not look impressive there. I suspect the only thing that makes him impressive is being in a weak division and cheating. The fact that the zebras seem determined to help his team with a few calls every time I have seen them play does not hurt either. I really believe MT has been improving over the last few seasons and the development there is striking. Many times during the games the cameras will focus on him and he does not seem to have that wtf look on his face but instead looks very intent on what is going on. The biggest thing I have seen from him is the ability to adjust the game plans to what talent he has. I am sure this involves his entire staff however when the staff has been less than stellar in years past MT was painted with the same brush as them, the fact that things are going better than we thought likely should also paint him with the same brush, the new paint looks good.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
He did jack **** in Cleveland. I'm sorry I don't buy into his greatness. If it seems to good to be true it probably isn't.They owe us a god damn super bowl trip as well. Cheating *****.

tdub88

Reaction score
I hate his guts but he's a great coach even when he's not cheating.

And just when would that be? You ******* know hey have the radios tapped in that stadium. I don't care what the NFL says they monitor. No NFL with a bunch of cast-offs thrown together does things like that with a 3rd stringer in.......

Spike

Reaction score
Should be moved to the Pats forum

steel shinin

Reaction score

I realize that everyone (Including myself) hates that organiziation. But we have to give respect where its due.

Belichick is a cheating piece of ****. He is also an amazing football coach. Unlike some people here who can't see that he can be both....he is both. He's so obsessed with winning that his cheating is going to cost him a chance for some people to fully give him credit for his coaching ability. People always go back to "well he sucked in Cleveland". His staff left a great foundation strategy wise there for what became the Ravens. Ozzie Newsome has openly admitted that. That team will literally do anything to win a football game and their preparation is almost second to none. I could never be a fan of a team like that, but I understand good coaching and game planning when I see it. I'll always be glad the Giants got them twice in the lowB repuS though. Showed their kryptonite. I'll be even happier if the Steelers beat their ***** in a playoff game.

Last edited:

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think the members of the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions could have come out of retirement and beaten the Texans last night.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
BB is a great one, even if he cheats. The game plan for his 3rd string QB was near perfect.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't wait to play the Patsies this year. That's all

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
I consider his career (and Brady's) null and void before the 2015 season.

You don't get credit for anything after being a proven cheater.

The next SB Bill/Tom win will be the first IMO.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Did I mistakenly log into pariotsplanet's forums? BB is cheating scum who doesnt deserve the HOF or the accolades he gets... his ability to have a perfect D or o play called is above anyone else, even on the unpredictable calls, because they steal signals and use illegal radio tech to communicate to players even during the play... he is ****... that is the official steelers fan stance, I believe...

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Cowher used that offense that Belicheat used last night 25 years ago and got bashed endlessly for it, but Belicheat is a genius?
Any of us here would've run the **** out of the ball if we got to call that game.
Osweiler sucks ***, missed 3 or 4 open guys because he can't take pressure

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
What I wan to know is how does he get away with wearing non NFL approved apparel on the sidelines. All coaches and players have to wear NFL Team gear or NFL approved sideline apparel or be fined. Belicheat, wears cut off sweat shirts/sweaters that you cannot purchase on NFL Shop or the Team store.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And just when would that be? You ******* know hey have the radios tapped in that stadium. I don't care what the NFL says they monitor. No NFL with a bunch of cast-offs thrown together does things like that with a 3rd stringer in.......
His team is always well prepared almost never makes dumb mistakes, either players or the coaching staff. Obviously no one can do a good job in Cleveland.

C

Clete

Looks like Brissett tore ligaments in his thumb in the 2nd half and will.need surgery. Looks like the Pats may have to sign a QB.. Will probably be the 1st team in NFL history to have 4 starting QBs in a season to start and win games.

P

POP

Hoody best coach in American sports history?

That was the first question on First Take today.

Max said he was the best ever of all time.

He loses his best-ever QB for 4 games, and he is down to his THIRD STRING, rookie QB and the Pats smashed the undefeated Texans, 27-0.

Sorry. Call me a Pats fan all you want; Hoody is the best coach there is. If we are down to our 3rd-string QB, do you see us going 3-0? Please.

Tomlin without Ben is simply a .500 coach and we all know it. Hoody is a damn warlock...

Last edited:

skialta

Reaction score
and to think...people thought pop was a pats fan. impossible!

keslerclan

Reaction score

I know this has been debated to death AND most of us realize BeliCHEAT is just an end product of an abuse of illicit/unsavory practices led by Ernie Adams but I will attempt to condense my opinion statistically.

BB went to Cleveland in 1991 as HC. Ernie Adams was brought on as an Offensive Asst. BB has some respectable coaches at his disposal and STILL SUCKED. He had Ernie Acorsi, Mike Lombardi, Nick Saban as DC and our own John Mitchell for several years in Cleveland to no real impact.

It wasn't UNTIL Ernie Adams job changed from an on the field, Offensive Asst. to a position off the field under the title of Special Assignment (whatever that means) that the team had their only good season at 11-5 (coincidence??)
The next year, they lost Saban at DC which (along with a tougher schedule due to their previous yr) under new DC Rick Venturi, the team went from allowing only 1 team to score over 20 points (204 total for 17 games) to allowing NINE TEAMS to score over 20 Pts (356 total for 16 games). Not to mention, Modell announced the team was moving to Baltimore during the season.

So, during BB's time in Cleveland...he didn't do anything "coach-worthy" UNTIL Ernie went on "Special Assignment" in 1994. Went from 7-9 (1992,1993) to 11-5 (1994), the SAME YEAR Ernie's position was changed!?

Then, after spending some time as Bill Parcell's asst in New York, without Ernie. 9-7 (1997), 12-4 (1998) and 8-8 (1999) he went to New England WITH newly added friend and Director of Football Research, Ernie Adams.
What followed was a 2000 season of 5-11 (338 point allowed, 276 points for), 2001 (signal taping now in full swing) 11-5 (272 points allowed, 371 points for)...and the Championship. The cheating and filming went on for years until Spygate was revealed and subsequently destroyed in 2008. A good history and continued abuse is in this article: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Now, with many believing their championships are tainted, they continue to videotape (it's legal as long as it's not done from the sidelines OR in real-time games against an opponent from where it could be relayed immediately to a coach or Ernie), they continue to 'bend the rule-book' to their advantage in many other ways and the NFL protects itself by rule modifications after the fact.

BB, is, was, and always will be, a cheater. Maybe not in the legal sense, but in an an acceptable sense. I coach football and while we all want to win, MOST of us want to win with the dignity of knowing we did it by using 'acceptable' and 'fair' practice means...BB will use any means at his disposal, ethical or not, as long as their are no hard rules against them...and even when there are, accepting that the outcome is worth the potential risk.

He is NO HOF coach to me. He is what other coaches despise...UNETHICAL.

ark steel

Reaction score
**** the Patriots. I hate them.

He did jack **** in Cleveland. I'm sorry I don't buy into his greatness. If it seems to good to be true it probably isn't.They owe us a god damn lowB repuS trip as well. Cheating *****.

Harrrumph!