• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How do you fix the United States?

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
But as a society and with the advent of computers there are less and less jobs in most fields. Me for example I do the jobs of five people. My actual title spelled out is Bank Office Manager/Commercial Lender/Mortgage Loan Officer/Consumer Loan Office/Financial Rep/Assistant Vice President

I make a very good living fortunately but no where near 100k and when I see GE pays less in taxes than me it pisses me off. I think the Walton's can live off a few million a year and can pay their cashiers. $12 an hour with healthcare and retirement. Sorry if that's wrong of me it's my beliefs.

Well the makers of horse drawn carriages and buggy whips said the same thing about the advent of the automobile. Tech changes and we adapt we always have.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
That I will admit is true. Was it not the underwriters who helped with all the bad loans that were the center of the housing mess?

If I'm not mistaken, underwriters assess risk in the insurance business.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm an actuary. A study last year showed 0% unemployment for actuaries. Of course, it can't actually be 0%, but it was low enough that the difference is irrelevant. Took me 10 years to get my designations. I grew up in rural Arkansas. It wasn't an easy road and I ****** up plenty of times along the way to make it harder. Could have had designations in 4-6 years. It was my fault I didn't.

In any event, my entire career is only available because of a tax structure I think is stupid and, as you can see above, I advocate to remove. I could do something else because I have the will to do so and the intellect to succeed.
and a vast support group comprised of friends and family who genuinely care about you.

I crack myself up.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
wait....

euthanasia?

are you a ******* nazi on crack, or just....

no, you're a nazi on crack.

hey, I know....let's just breed the psycho gene out of the human race.

who's with me?

besides Dr. Ford Mengele and Prescott Bush?

c'mon...we won't call it eugenics this time....we'll call it....ummmmm....

the Human Fair Breeding Act....(apologies to DD, who isn't reading this anyway)

anyone who has, let's say.....a one in one thousand incidence in their family gene pool.

get's State Mandated vasectomy's and hysterectomies.

and send the bill to Fairlane.

sorry about your family member, Fordy.

but this has got to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this board.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
What you mean is the violent overthrow of the government which is called treason.

....at some point it becomes patriotism instead.

Just an example, we just got a new software system for our mortgage processing because of the Dodd Frank regs. As a result half of our underwriters will be unemployed.

......now there's a couple of guys truly deserving of euthanasia.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
back on topic....

flat tax on individuals.

you do business in this country, your profits STAY in an American on shore bank...and are subject to American business taxes....NO ******* exceptions.

term limits for politicians.

repeal of laws that qualify corporations as people.

return of the Glass - Steagal Act.

strict accountability on Military and Intel budgets....no more letting them off the hook for trillions just because a plane happened to hit that office the day before the records were turned over to GAO.

workfare...I'm a little on the fence on this one...but the benefits are tangible.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Honestly, the way it's going I cannot see the continued drain on the upper and middle class as being sustainable. The talk of changing tax-codes will never occur when one side uses the promise of entitlements as one of it's main tools to keep it's voting base. To me, the death spiral has already started...it may not happen in my lifetime or even my kids but I would not actually be surprised at all if the country splinters in some fashion. It may not be a conservative/non-conservative like split but maybe a region of unified states with a similar political leaning scenario.

Vader

Reaction score
I've posted something similar before on the other board but this is what I'd do if I were president:

1. Shut the border... not this lily livered lazy half assed attempt they do now. I use the border to train soldiers. National Guard, Army, AF, Marines. I lock it the **** down. That will stop the drugs and the illegal immigrants.

2. I fine every company $100,000 for every single illegal I find working for them. $200,000 the 2nd offense and then jail time the 3rd time. That dries up the reason to come here.

3. If you have a child here that does not make him/her a U.S. citizen.

4. I get rid of wasteful government. Dept of energy is gone, Dept. of HHD gone, Dept. of education gone, Dept. of HUD gone, IRS has a skeleton crew,

5. Change the tax laws. I'm a flat tax guy but I'll listen to any plan as long as at the end of the day you can fill out your taxes on a post card.

6. Workfare

7. Key stone pipeline. It's insane this hasn't been done already.

8. Repeal the ACA. It has to go.

That is a small list of what I'd do to fix the economy.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
That I will admit is true. Was it not the underwriters who helped with all the bad loans that were the center of the housing mess?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac set the guidelines of the secondary market. Because of the community reinvestment act Clinton De-Regulated lending so more minorities could qualify for loans. Doing this started the housing bubble. People who voiding afford houses now could get loans which perpetrated an inflated housing market and demand so these people kept refinancing to payoff credit cards or get cash out because they couldn't afford the house they were in. But because the housing market was growing exponentially people literally used their house as income. The underwriters followed the government guidelines. It's a prime example of if you lessen the qualifications to include a group you royally **** everyone.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
I've posted something similar before on the other board but this is what I'd do if I were president:

1. Shut the border... not this lily livered lazy half assed attempt they do now. I use the border to train soldiers. National Guard, Army, AF, Marines. I lock it the **** down. That will stop the drugs and the illegal immigrants.

2. I fine every company $100,000 for every single illegal I find working for them. $200,000 the 2nd offense and then jail time the 3rd time. That dries up the reason to come here.

3. If you have a child here that does not make him/her a U.S. citizen.

4. I get rid of wasteful government. Dept of energy is gone, Dept. of HHD gone, Dept. of education gone, Dept. of HUD gone, IRS has a skeleton crew,

5. Change the tax laws. I'm a flat tax guy but I'll listen to any plan as long as at the end of the day you can fill out your taxes on a post card.

6. Workfare

7. Key stone pipeline. It's insane this hasn't been done already.

8. Repeal the ACA. It has to go.

That is a small list of what I'd do to fix the economy.

Good list. So, when you running? You'd get lots of votes.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Or they assess risks for loans, in Ford's case. Or so I presume.

Actually they are paper pushers. They make sure the file is complete and has all documentation needed. There's strict guidelines and they make sure the file is complete. The computer tells them what they need in the file.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
wait....

euthanasia?

are you a ******* nazi on crack, or just....

no, you're a nazi on crack.

hey, I know....let's just breed the psycho gene out of the human race.

who's with me?

besides Dr. Ford Mengele and Prescott Bush?

c'mon...we won't call it eugenics this time....we'll call it....ummmmm....

the Human Fair Breeding Act....(apologies to DD, who isn't reading this anyway)

anyone who has, let's say.....a one in one thousand incidence in their family gene pool.

get's State Mandated vasectomy's and hysterectomies.

and send the bill to Fairlane.

sorry about your family member, Fordy.

but this has got to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this board.

Definitely I'd have forced vasectomy and hysterectomy for people on government assistance and have a kid. You want free money you can't have anymore kids for tax payers to pay for.

I

Idioteque

Definitely I'd have forced vasectomy and hysterectomy for people on government assistance and have a kid. You want free money you can't have anymore kids for tax payers to pay for.

Err, OK. And when they get off of assistance.. ?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac set the guidelines of the secondary market. Because of the community reinvestment act Clinton De-Regulated lending so more minorities could qualify for loans. Doing this started the housing bubble. People who voiding afford houses now could get loans which perpetrated an inflated housing market and demand so these people kept refinancing to payoff credit cards or get cash out because they couldn't afford the house they were in. But because the housing market was growing exponentially people literally used their house as income. The underwriters followed the government guidelines. It's a prime example of if you lessen the qualifications to include a group you royally **** everyone.

If the person giving the loan was responsible for it, that **** would change post haste.

Vader

Reaction score
If the person giving the loan was responsible for it, that **** would change post haste.

True, however when the government orders you to give loans based on their criteria then you do what you are told.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

Classic case of what happens when you give Pols too much power. They "regulate" an industry and force it to do things for political reasons. I always point out that the government was way more responsible for the housing\banking crash than the "Banksters" were.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Classic case of what happens when you give Pols too much power. They "regulate" an industry and force it to do things for political reasons. I always point out that the government was way more responsible for the housing\banking crash than the "Banksters" were.

No question. Banks don't make risky loans....at least they didn't until they were forced to. Dodd, Fwank and every POS Pol who voted for that should be in jail. A child could have seen what the results would be.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Err, OK. And when they get off of assistance.. ?

Vasectomy's can be reversed and I'd start the women off with an IUD if they removed it or got pregnant then tubes get tied.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortgage_Discrimination

In 1993 President Bill Clinton made changes to the Community Reinvestment Act to make mortgages more obtainable for lower and lower-middle-class families. In 1993 the Federal Bank of Boston issued a report entitled “Closing the Gap: A Guide to Equal Opportunity Lending." The 30 page document was intended to serve as a guide to loan officers to help curb discriminatory lending [10] "Closing the Gap," instructs banks to hire based upon diversity needs, sweeten the compensation structure for working with lower income applicants, encourages shifting high risk, low income applications to the sub prime market, by saying "the secondary market [Subprime Market] is willing to consider ratios above the standard 28/36," and "Lack of credit history should not be seen as a negative factor."

This is what happens when you don't let the bank regulate themselves. The bad banks will eventually fail and the good ones will buy the bad ones and change they to their standards and strengthen that financial.

I

Idioteque

Your plan, which is psychotic, is still unclear. Who gets government-killed? Everyone with a schizophrenia diagnosis?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are on the public tit and get pregnant or get someone on the tit pregnant, you get cut off permantly. If you then can not support your children, you lose them.

I

Idioteque

If you are on the public tit and get pregnant or get someone on the tit pregnant, you get cut off permantly. If you then can not support your children, you lose them.

Seems to hurt the helpless kids more than the deadbeat parents.