• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hamas Fires 5,000 Rockets Into Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Jeff Brown, the pilot of the doomed aircraft, was the only one out of the four pilots not certified to fly in instrument conditions.

The Death of SRV was one that hurt. I was backing out of my driveway heading to high school in my 1978 Bronco listening to Paulsen and Kren when they broke the news. I put her in park, my head dropped, and I shed a few tears. I had a bad childhood, verbally and physically abusive, and the blues were getting me through it all. SRV still moves me to this day. The fact that he took the last seat, sparing his brother Jimmie and wife connie, is eerily similar to the day that music died.
I remember reading about it in the paper out on the deck of my apartment when I was going to school down in Daytona. Seems like yesterday. I was totally into the Blues back then too--still am--and the news definitely hit home. It was like learning a family member died. Tough to explain. Wish I had a chance to see him play.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I remember reading about it in the paper out on the deck of my apartment when I was going to school down in Daytona. Seems like yesterday. I was totally into the Blues back then too--still am--and the news definitely hit home. It was like learning a family member died. Tough to explain. Wish I had a chance to see him play.
Buddy Guy is on his farewell tour. I saw him a few weeks ago in Jim Thorpe PA and it was an incredible show. I highly recommend going. An 87 year old man shouldn't be able to play like that.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Jeff Brown, the pilot of the doomed aircraft, was the only one out of the four pilots not certified to fly in instrument conditions.

The Death of SRV was one that hurt. I was backing out of my driveway heading to high school in my 1978 Bronco listening to Paulsen and Kren when they broke the news. I put her in park, my head dropped, and I shed a few tears. I had a bad childhood, verbally and physically abusive, and the blues were getting me through it all. SRV still moves me to this day. The fact that he took the last seat, sparing his brother Jimmie and wife connie, is eerily similar to the day that music died.
SRV is one of my favorites too. I have oh probably 130 bootleg live shows of his. Some right from the mixing board. I have the Alpine Valley shows too.

I found his music a few years after I started playing guitar, then soon realized, I was never going to reach that level ever..lol.

Miss that guy.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Buddy Guy is on his farewell tour. I saw him a few weeks ago in Jim Thorpe PA and it was an incredible show. I highly recommend going. An 87 year old man shouldn't be able to play like that.
My brother and his son went to that show. Penns Peak, I think? He said it was a great show.

Reactions: JMM

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian are missing following the Sunday crash of their helicopter. The Iranian leaders were returning from a visit to Iran's border with Azerbaijan in northwest Iran when their helicopter went down while flying in mountainous terrain in heavy fog.
Boo ****ing hoo.
We all know how Burgundy feels about Muslims.