• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hall of Fame Game cancelled

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind less pre-season games, but ticket prices would need to be increased to make up the revenue.

Buford

Contributor
Reaction score
I was genuinely pissed off.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, the Steelers can practice without incident on a high school field but the NFL can't get a "real" field read to go for a national TV audience hungry for the KO of the 2016 NFL season?

ijits.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I can deal with three preseason games.

Game #1

A game that only plays rookies, 1st-year players, and backups with less than 3 years experience ( kickers and snappers play ). Sure the game will be sloppy and wild, but it will give the coaching staff a better idea as to who should make the team, while not risking any of the starters getting an injury.

Game #2. Starters play a half

Game #3. Starters play a half

No game #4, a week of rest.

One of the times I can fully agree with you...

P

POP

The leugue isn't going to risk two of it's darlings, Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers wasn't even gonna play. But what a total joke. I was looking forward to finally watching some NFL....meaningless, sloppy NFL, but still NFL. That sucked. What clowns.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
HHaaHHaha. I watched them a little too. GREASY seems to be their word............ It's NOT just godell's @ss that is greasy as I think some of his bosses follow suit....

Salute the nation

Robert Kraft

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
My interest in the NFL is at an all-time low. I didn't even realize the HOF ceremonies and game were this past weekend. I guess the Steelers have a pre-season game this week.

Following other NFL teams has never been an interest. I can only watch football if the Steelers are playing. Other than that no interest. I knew about the HoF. Was excited for Kevin Greene. That speech did not disappoint

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
At the risk of getting stoned to death by the Goodell haters, I am just glad that the NFL (or whoever) caught the problem before it had a chance to get somebody hurt during a basically meaningless game. If they used a wrong type of paint that formed a hard slick surface, somebody would have torn a knee up for sure, then the **** would have really hit the fan. It still sucks for fans that paid for tickets, travel and lodging though.... ( right Cheryl ? )

P

POP

Following other NFL teams has never been an interest. I can only watch football if the Steelers are playing. Other than that no interest. I knew about the HoF. Was excited for Kevin Greene. That speech did not disappoint

We are very, very different. I watch every game I can, and, that's a lot since I have NFL Ticket. I watch every prime time game, but if it sucks, I will channel surf and just check in from time to time. I even watch most pre-season games, although not in entirety.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Man, the Steelers can practice without incident on a high school field but the NFL can't get a "real" field read to go for a national TV audience hungry for the KO of the 2016 NFL season?

ijits.

Beautiful newly sodded field I must add.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
What i heard today is that the NFL and the Player's union BOTH approved the field at about 1 PM. Then magically at about an hour before kick, somebody had complaints, so the crew only had an hour to get it ready to play. The guy in charge said that the field was playable after that hour. They sent out those snow removal tractors and scrubbed all the paint off.

This was not a field issue. This was the union testing the NFL and seeing how weak they are now under Goodell. ESPN now has an article saying how Goodell is now saying his focus is to protect the players. This guy is sooo weak. He just wants pats on the belly from the media and he'll throw the league under the bus to get it.

He came in trying to be some bad *** set on "cleaning up" the league and protect the shield. So he was handing out big fines to players for almost no reason.

I saw he was a fraud over the Big Ben suspension.

If you recall, prior to that, he had suspended Pacman who had a bunch of accumulated troubles but no convictions for anything. Some players accused Goodell of racism. At that point, i knew that if Goodell was weak, the next white guy to have any issue was going to have the book thrown at him. It was Ben and he was never even charged with anything.

That was the proof that Goodell was an empty suit, a pathetic glad-hander, photo op seeker.

His next failed test was concussions. You would think today that you get hit in the head and that means you will have dementia at age 40. WHy? Because Goodell is too weak to stop that false narrative.

The NFL may have tried to hide some things but the science really is on their side. It is nowhere near proven that CTE is related to concussions. It seems logical, and it's clear that concussions are bad and can cause problems, but that's far from saying X number of concussions means you will certainly have CTE later.

Now you have moms scared to let their kids play football. Great job Rog. They'll go sign up for soccer which actually has more concussions than football yet nobody cares because nobody associated with soccer was dumb enough to come out and say that their sport sure is super dangerous.

Goodell allowed former players who had for years been trying to get better pension benefits, to use the specter of concussions to get paid.