• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hall of Fame Game cancelled

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Which does give me hope that Bell will not be suspended becausee maybe this league just really is that ****** dumb.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-of-fame-game-canceled-due-to-field-concerns

Hall of Fame game canceled due to field concerns

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor
Published: Aug. 7, 2016 at 07:03 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 7, 2016 at 07:21 p.m.

The official return of pro football will have to wait another four days. The NFL canceled Sunday night's Hall of Fame game because of poor field conditions. The Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts are headed back home.

The disappointing decision came after player safety concerns arose. NFL Media's Steve Wyche reports that the midfield logo was the main area of concern. It recently was painted and it was slick and hard, according to several team officials.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
The Steelers complained about the field conditions last year. SMH

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-of-fame-game-canceled-due-to-field-concerns

Hall of Fame game canceled due to field concerns

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor
Published: Aug. 7, 2016 at 07:03 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 7, 2016 at 07:21 p.m.

The official return of pro football will have to wait another four days. The NFL canceled Sunday night's Hall of Fame game because of poor field conditions. The Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts are headed back home.

The disappointing decision came after player safety concerns arose. NFL Media's Steve Wyche reports that the midfield logo was the main area of concern. It recently was painted and it was slick and hard, according to several team officials.
Thanks, I was on my phone when I got the alert...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw this. Lol at the NFL. The league is a joke. Way to go Goodell

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
And true to form, when management ***** up, blame the grounds crew. I know all about that.

Goodell has already turned a once great product into nothing more but just there entertainment. If it wasn't for the Steelers I would not give football a look. I hope our boys win that historic 7th and rub it in Goodel's greasy ***, patsy loving face

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell has already turned a once great product into nothing more but just there entertainment. If it wasn't for the Steelers I would not give football a look. I hope our boys win that historic 7th and rub it in Goodel's greasy ***, patsy loving face

Just curious what as to how you know goodell's @ss is greasy?????? (SARCASM)

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious what as to how you know goodell's @ss is greasy?????? (SARCASM)

Salute the nation

Lol. Judging by looks???

Nah. I've been watching too much Trailer Park Boys lately. They always say someone is "greasy" referring to a shady person. Lol. Good one though

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
From what I read it was the incorrect paint. Also the field was a hand me down from New Orleans but apparently the paint was the bigger issue. What a ****** joke. The youth football league I'm involved with put a turf on a field. I believe the cost was like 1.5 million. It was actually one of the largest in North America. So this would be smaller and you could use the highest quality. Say 2.5 or even 3 million. What is that to this outfit. Someone from that same organization won tickets and travel to the hall of fame game. Poor people.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. Judging by looks???

Nah. I've been watching too much Trailer Park Boys lately. They always say someone is "greasy" referring to a shady person. Lol. Good one though

HHaaHHaha. I watched them a little too. GREASY seems to be their word............ It's NOT just godell's @ss that is greasy as I think some of his bosses follow suit....

Salute the nation

Slash#10

Reaction score
Now if they would just cancel 2 more weeks of preseason games, we'd be onto something!

Troglodyte

Reaction score
My interest in the NFL is at an all-time low. I didn't even realize the HOF ceremonies and game were this past weekend. I guess the Steelers have a pre-season game this week.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Now if they would just cancel 2 more weeks of preseason games, we'd be onto something!

I can deal with three preseason games.

Game #1

A game that only plays rookies, 1st-year players, and backups with less than 3 years experience ( kickers and snappers play ). Sure the game will be sloppy and wild, but it will give the coaching staff a better idea as to who should make the team, while not risking any of the starters getting an injury.

Game #2. Starters play a half

Game #3. Starters play a half

No game #4, a week of rest.

Slash#10

Reaction score
I can deal with three preseason games.

Game #1

A game that only plays rookies, 1st-year players, and backups with less than 3 years experience ( kickers and snappers play ). Sure the game will be sloppy and wild, but it will give the coaching staff a better idea as to who should make the team, while not risking any of the starters getting an injury.

Game #2. Starters play a half

Game #3. Starters play a half

No game #4, a week of rest.

I don't disagree with you....

My opinion on the matter of preseason would be
Wk 1 : 2 joint practices w/ scrimmages
Wk 2: 2 joint practices w/ scrimmages
Wk 3: 1 joint practice w/ game
Wk 4: game only