• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Notes

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Big 3 rocked early. 3 possessions 3 TDs
Defense gave up a few big plays but kept them out of the endzone until it was too late
The fumble before the half was huge
Run defense came up big time
Good to see some pressure on Moore
1st int was on AB he had both hands on that ball...second one was Ben trying to do too much

Good to see Ayers in early, nice reception for a 1st down. sucks that his second one was taken away for what should be a legal block...don't want knocked out...keep your head on a swivel in those situations *****

Chicoman

Reaction score
The high mark of the game for me was seeing Bud Dupree saw Matt Moore in half! If he did that to Brady in the AFCCG It would be the proudest moment in STEELERS HISTORY!!!

Let me tell you something! That's OldSkool Style smash em in the mouth and impose your will on your opponent! Ticky Tacky Penalty Call! LOVED THE HIT LOVED IT!

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The high mark of the game for me was seeing Bud Dupree saw Matt Moore in half! If he did that to Brady in the AFCCG It would be the proudest moment in STEELERS HISTORY!!!

no it wouldn't

hell brady might not even be there....

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
no it wouldn't

hell brady might not even be there....

Thing is, after that hit t*mmy b*y would definately NOT be there. **** the CHEATRIOTS !!!!!!

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Offense: They made it look easy on the first few drives, then seemed to stall unpurpose. No other issues here. Bell, Ben, and AB were great. The OL very solid, and the package with Hubbard and Nox really works when running it. One interception was not Ben's fault.

Defense: Matt Moore was a little too accurate before garbage time. 80.6% for the entire game. The pass coverage needs to do better, particularly in the middle. However, Shazier's interception made up for some mistakes.

The pass rush was good, and so was the run defense and tackling.

Having Tuitt back helps, and Hargrave is getting better ever game.

Harrison is still a force vs the run or as a pass rusher.

Special teams. We allowed one big return of 50+ yards and missed an extra point. Such mistakes could mean something in a close game. This unit must play better.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
That 2nd pick should be on whatever brain trust had us passing in that situation, had Ben in the game etc. etc. etc.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Offense: They made it look easy on the first few drives, then seemed to stall unpurpose. No other issues here. Bell, Ben, and AB were great. The OL very solid, and the package with Hubbard and Nox really works when running it. One interception was not Ben's fault.

Defense: Matt Moore was a little too accurate before garbage time. 80.6% for the entire game. The pass coverage needs to do better, particularly in the middle. However, Shazier's interception made up for some mistakes.

The pass rush was good, and so was the run defense and tackling.

Having Tuitt back helps, and Hargrave is getting better ever game.

Harrison is still a force vs the run or as a pass rusher.

Special teams. We allowed one big return of 50+ yards and missed an extra point. Such mistakes could mean something in a close game. This unit must play better.

My biggest concern was how easily Moore completed passes the entire game. Pass rush got us two turnovers and an INT or this game would have been a lot closer. It's clear that they sold out to stop the run but I'm afraid of what Alex Smith will do to this defense. Moore completed over 80% of his passes and looked far better than Ben.

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
Mitchell played pretty well but I am sick of seeing him celebrate after an 8 yard run. Also tired of him taking out our own players...surprised **** came back after that hit.

Artic Burns was solid today.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The zone crap allows for a **** ton of passing. It's a field day over the middle. Got to change that up if we make it to Fraudboro

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Big 3 rocked early. 3 possessions 3 TDs
Defense gave up a few big plays but kept them out of the endzone until it was too late
The fumble before the half was huge
Run defense came up big time
Good to see some pressure on Moore
1st int was on AB he had both hands on that ball...second one was Ben trying to do too much

Good to see Ayers in early, nice reception for a 1st down. sucks that his second one was taken away for what should be a legal block...don't want knocked out...keep your head on a swivel in those situations *****

What bewilders me more than anything is, what was so different from Eli's block than Floyd's block for Edleman's score in the NE game last week?

That was NOT an illegal block, nor a crack back block as Simms said. Makes no sense......

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Well one player plays for the Pats and one for us

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
My biggest concern was how easily Moore completed passes the entire game. Pass rush got us two turnovers and an INT or this game would have been a lot closer. It's clear that they sold out to stop the run but I'm afraid of what Alex Smith will do to this defense. Moore completed over 80% of his passes and looked far better than Ben.
LOL typical Pittsburgh fan, last time I checked Ben had a couple TDs, no fumbles and didn't turn the ball over in crucial situations, but yeah he was far better than Ben

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
the zone crap was so they could focus on shutting down the running game...they did that....all those yards passing got them 2 field goals until the game was already decided and they finally got into the end zone......

they will have a different game plan next week and a different one again against whoever they face in the AFC Championship game....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn good win.

Deebo was a beast.
Bell was beast-ing.
Antonio was on fire early.
D was strong early
Ben looked focused early and jumped out to a much needed early lead.

The killer B's shined

liked it loved it
want more of it

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Had pizza here :p

Chili is good though

this was ol gerls moms chili that **** was almost as good as the Steelers today, almost.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with Moore completing 80% of his passes. Shoot, he was very accurate and he hit some tight windows and his receivers made a couple of good grabs. Can't do much to defend those. Plus...much kudos to Moore...he proved to be one tough SOB after coming back in after that hit...though he wasn't the same for a while after that.

As Dupree's hit was unfolding live...I saw this black and gold streak flash across my 55in TV so fast I couldn't tell who it was and you only saw the hit in the corner of the screen as the TV camera panned downfield...but it made me cringe!

One thing that does concern me is...on about 50% of Ben's int's this year (guesstimation), they were mind-numbingly bad decisions. What the heck was Ben thinking on the second int?

Timmons continues to shine...as does the entire linebacking corps.

Great win today.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
LOL typical Pittsburgh fan, last time I checked Ben had a couple TDs, no fumbles and didn't turn the ball over in crucial situations, but yeah he was far better than Ben

Dumb post. I don't get it. He was perfect until we took the gas pedal off, threw a high ball that could have been caught and was the victim of a pass that shouldn't have even been thrown when the game was well out of hand. "Looked far better than Ben" get out of here.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
what continues to trouble me is Deebo is still playing like a Beast. I can't imagine this D w/o him. He is such a force and playmaker. The Steelers and we will go on when that day comes, but he is truly one of the best.

Also, my kudos to LT for a strong game and This BUD is for you!

The Killer B's were amazing, as that was a complete spanking. The game seemed to be over at the half.