• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Day Menu

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
We need to do something with all the jalapenos and a few of the bell peppers still on the plants before first frost gets them. I'll be making a batch of Steeler Chili but due to the time, most will probably be frozen for later.

For dinner we are going to make Sea Chicken Enchiladas that will use both the bells and jalapenos. For an appetizer my wife is going to try making sausage stuffed jalapeno poppers.

Mmmmm.

41-415952_homer-simpson-drooling-food.png
Is that the new code words for you know what on a Sunday afternoon....... what do you use to cool it down afterwards .....Cool Whip ped

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Is that the new code words for you know what on a Sunday afternoon....... what do you use to cool it down afterwards .....Cool Whip ped
Nope. Those poppers were awesome though. They were seeded so they were not overly hot.

Definitely fear having afternoon delight with a woman who just cut up a dozen jalapenos. 🤣

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
@JMM

Try this recipe out bud. You can add this sauce to just about anything. Here in NM we add diced potatoes and ground beef.

Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
WhoAley pig BACON, I just read these post(s) so you both have been around long enough to know that B-A-C-O-N goes with everything, including cheese cake and Ice Cream.

If ever in doubt on if BACON works as a side dish or drink (juicer it), the answer is yes.

Salute the nation
Cheesecake and ice cream?
Mrs. MTC’s pregnancy menu? Lol

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
@JMM

Try this recipe out bud. You can add this sauce to just about anything. Here in NM we add diced potatoes and ground beef.
Thanks!

Reactions: MTC

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That red chili sauce works really good as a base for sloppy joes too. Just need some ground beef, a can of rotel, and a diced onion and green pepper.

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That red chili sauce works really good as a base for sloppy joes too. Just need some ground beef, a can of rotel, and a diced onion and green pepper.
Thanks. I still have a few green peppers on the plants that need to be used up in the next couple weeks. Eventually it will freeze here.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Well everyone,after a terribly rainy October in Vancouver,the sun is gloriously out for the last few days going into November. It’s picture postcard perfect for Halloween.

Being a morning game here on the wetcoast of Canada,the game time menu will be Oatmeal Pancakes with maple syrup. My daughters recipe,simple and delicious.

NFL Sunday dinner time,I put 4 big chicken legs with back attached in slow cooker last night,with coconut milk,green Thai paste,peppers,spices chicken stock. . Holly smokes,when I tasted this morning. Spicy!! Have wide rice noodles that I will cook separately and add to make my version of spicy Thai ramen. Will add Bok choy and spinach to make it healthy.

Happy Halloween,Bon Appetite,and of course..........Let’s go Steelers!!!

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Have a pasta bake on the menu. Basically baked ziti with smaller noodles..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Made pulled pork in the instapot for the first time, it came out well.
I was having my coffee and watching the morning news, the lovely ladies on WTAE as always, and trying to figure out my timing on the crock pot. Then it hit me that I have an instapot. Let's bring up Google and see if there are instapot pulled pork recipes. Why yes there are. Only took 1:20.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Garlic and herb crusted prime rib with baked potato and steamed asparagus for dinner.

For the late game, some chips and dip
that is how you use beef properly

Steelmann

Reaction score
Time to resurrect JMM’s thread.

Once again while all you old eastern time zone farts moan & groan about the starting time,us west coast people will be planning our dinner time Steelers playoff menu. I am leaning towards the 2 day slow cook pulled pork and slaw menu on fresh baguettes.

Or roasting a Turkey, with potatoes,turnip puff, fresh buns. Love the leftovers too.
I missed my turkey this Christmas season with all family because of that pesky virus.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to resurrect JMM’s thread.

Once again while all you old eastern time zone farts moan & groan about the starting time,us west coast people will be planning our dinner time Steelers playoff menu. I am leaning towards the 2 day slow cook pulled pork and slaw menu on fresh baguettes.

Or roasting a Turkey, with potatoes,turnip puff, fresh buns. Love the leftovers too.
I missed my turkey this Christmas season with all family because of that pesky virus.
Flatbread drizzled with olive oil ........ baked with tomato sauce, pepperoni, peppers, red onions, sausage, swiss & parmesan cheese
Lasagna rolls and garlic cheese bread

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn’t get to enjoy the ravens game too much. Kung flu had me down in bed. I did drink a couple molsons and was comfy. But did not eat too much.

Being as I’ve had an appetite lately. Game day menu will probably be green chili chicken alfredo

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
First and for most I hope JMM is doing ok and will post his game day menu.!!!

I'm watching game at my sports bar where I get treated like a KING. They have a pretty good menu and great company of one of my best friend to boot.

More likely than not, I'll be ordering a 1/2lb Black Jack berger.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm watching game at my sports bar where I get treated like a KING. They have a pretty good menu and great company of one of my best friend to boot.

Salute the nation
1/2lb? At a sports bar?
Luxury s10?

You rich mother effer

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
Home made Roethlis-burgers for us. My boy bakes the brioche "Bens", I handle the meat(1/2 pound is a small one) and the wife does the beer cheese.
Modelled after the burger special at an Irish bar in Lexington, KY.

2-0 in last two game meals, so its Roethlisburgers until the Steelers are done!!

4 more weeks!!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Home made Roethlis-burgers for us. My boy bakes the brioche "Bens", I handle the meat(1/2 pound is a small one) and the wife does the beer cheese.

2-0 in last two game meals, so its Roethlisburgers until the Steelers are done!!

4 more weeks!!

ONE can never get tired of the Roethlisberger BURGERs

When Ben first came into the league there was a STEELERS fan head cook (same place i go) oviously he and I were friends. He made as close to the original Roethlisberger as can get and put it on the menu for me & honor of the steelers. Was awesome !!! He is long gone now as with the Roethlisberger but pretty kewl beans at the time.

Thanks for sharing.............. literally (I'll be there about 1/2 time to eat :)

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
I'm in the mood for a Roethlisberger burger now.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

4 more weeks!!
Can I get a take out order please........???