• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.................vs Seahawks......

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Gentry has some nice blocks as well as we established some possession ball late in the game, nothing game ball worthy...but it’s always nice to see project guys growing
Tomlin says Gentry is best blocker. Well on top of this he is a giraffe. I dont remember him dropping a bunch of passes... Wonder why they dont use him more.?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin says Gentry is best blocker. Well on top of this he is a giraffe. I dont remember him dropping a bunch of passes... Wonder why they dont use him more.?
They have been. He was the single TE on a few blocking sets for the past 2 weeks. When Steelers go 2TE formation for running plays, it's Muth and Zach. That is the correct assessment of our TE room, and using Ebron as a big WR is now his main role, and quite frankly, his best role.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
They have been. He was the single TE on a few blocking sets for the past 2 weeks. When Steelers go 2TE formation for running plays, it's Muth and Zach. That is the correct assessment of our TE room, and using Ebron as a big WR is now his main role, and quite frankly, his best role.
exactly

Ebron is a revolving door as a blocker....

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I just cant believe it took 6 games to get Muth involved and use Ebron properly. Maybe another 6 games they will stop forcing the ball to Chase and let Washington play more. DJ is clearly our best WR right now and I think Washington is more consistent than Claypool at this point. I dont understand what Washington did to get in the doghouse?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That, and Harvin was clutch on the holds to give Boz a clean go at it.

Let me preface this by saying I suggested sending Ebron out for doughnuts during the game, but he had his best game of the year...not saying much, but I can’t recall any drops from him this game and he added a TD...baby steps.

Gentry has some nice blocks as well as we established some possession ball late in the game, nothing game ball worthy...but it’s always nice to see project guys growing
Ebron is still below the line in the blocking department. Completely whiffed on a block that resulted in a rare loss of yardage for Najee.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score

Ebron is still below the line in the blocking department. Completely whiffed on a block that resulted in a rare loss of yardage for Najee.

Ebron is just plain below the line. I remember when he was drafted I wanted us to get him so bad it was ridiculous man what a disappointment he is right now.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ebron is just plain below the line. I remember when he was drafted I wanted us to get him so bad it was ridiculous man what a disappointment he is right now.

Every time they throw to him I cringe if it will be caught. I also cringe on what kind of celebration he is going to do if it caught as well. STFU and play football is what I would like out him the most. He can be clutch and make big speed catches but the coin can just as easily flip and he will drop big play easy catches as well.

He will be gone after this season so no worries. Gentry & Friermuth along with a rookie (PS) will be the next 3 year TE deal.

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Of course it will be addressed. They took what should have been a stinker and turned it into an overtime thriller. Bonus Time!
To be fair, they had helped by Butler's failure to return to the 5 man line until late in the 4th Qtr. Wouldn't have been a game if they had continued to take away the run and made Geno beat them.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair, they had helped by Butler's failure to return to the 5 man line until late in the 4th Qtr. Wouldn't have been a game if they had continued to take away the run and made Geno beat them.

I know this is all speculation but do you think Butler was that slow to react or do you think his boss had a hand in the slow reaction "chess" match ? I know we as fans claim this or that and expect a 1 play turn around when in actuality it takes time to adhere and make sure your adjustment doesn't get you burned. This single adjustment from 2man to a 5 man front happened way to slow considering what was taking place in clear sight.

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is all speculation but do you think Butler was that slow to react or do you think his boss had a hand in the slow reaction "chess" match ? I know we as fans claim this or that and expect a 1 play turn around when in actuality it takes time to adhere and make sure your adjustment doesn't get you burned. This single adjustment from 2man to a 5 man front happened way to slow considering what was taking place in clear sight.

Salute the nation
Personally, I think Butler was too slow to make the change ... AND Tomlin was too slow to make him make it. It's like corporate hierarchy, one is in charge of the department. The other is in charge of him (and by extension the department). You don't mess with the guy running the department when things are running smoothly. When they aren't, you give him a little time to get things fixed. If he doesn't fix them quickly enough, you tell him what needs to be done (If you have to tell him too many times, it's time to start looking for another department head).

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I saw on the broadcast what looked like Tomlin calling defense in 4th and OT. Still not so sure this is Butler’s defense

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw on the broadcast what looked like Tomlin calling defense in 4th and OT. Still not so sure this is Butler’s defense
Bouchette, Dulac. Fittipaldo and Zeise have all said that for 2 years now

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible that it was Butler's defense until the 4th Qtr?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, we're trusting the media on THIS one? Just don't see Butler sticking around to be a figurehead. No matter what reporter says so.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Oh, we're trusting the media on THIS one? Just don't see Butler sticking around to be a figurehead. No matter what reporter says so.
If you Haven’t noticed Tomlin’s coaching tree…not sure Butler would be employed anywhere else. Munch and Haley were HC’s and in no way part of his festivus tree

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
If you Haven’t noticed Tomlin’s coaching tree…not sure Butler would be employed anywhere else. Munch and Haley were HC’s and in no way part of his festivus tree
From my perspective, Butler probably shouldn't be coaching here. And it's to the point where I'd be investigating a fresh voice at the top. Not making a change just to make a change, but I'd be looking to see if there was someone available that might bring a fresh perspective. Not gonna happen though.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I don't hate claypool, hell I like the kid

but he sucked tonight

he is weak and doesn't fight for the ball and make stupid ******* plays

at least twice tonight he didn't run the route Ben expected him to
Claypool is the Malkin of the NFL...When he decides to play he'll light up the field but he takes off plays...sometimes the entire game. Is Claypool now considered the "lazy American"??