• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FordFairLane 2024 Big Board

FordFairLane

Reaction score
2024 Big Board

I think you have to click on the 2024 tab on the bottom as the 2023 big board pops up when you use the link. If there's a player missing let me know. I didn't have as much time this year as in years past so I would not doubt a few players were missed. If you have a question why I ranked a player where I did please ask and I will give you a more in-depth analysis.

Thanks for looking.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you quit.
Glad you're back. We all miss your football intellect.
Castle-speechless.gif

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I thought you quit.
Glad you're back. We all miss your football intellect.
I have been doing this too long to stop. It's like crack. And I know a lot of people enjoy looking at my opinions on prospects. It also holds me accountable for when I mess up to have it on the interwebs forever and for everyone to see.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I have been doing this too long to stop. It's like crack. And I know a lot of people enjoy looking at my opinions on prospects. It also holds me accountable for when I mess up to have it on the interwebs forever and for everyone to see.
so do you just rank the UH players based off my write ups or do you actually watch film

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so do you just rank the UH players based off my write ups or do you actually watch film

Coolie, nothing can be MORE ranked than your opinionsโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Definitely enjoy your write ups on the UH players.

thank You

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I see you didnโ€™t notice where I have Nelson Caesar. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

No, I really like Patrick Paul. Dancing bear with good feet and kick slide. Has long arms and is strong. Stones his man. He has the athleticism to keep up with speed and strength to absorb power.

But for how big he is he is not a mauler. I just donโ€™t see the temperament to drive his guy into the ground and then ram his head into the dirt. Heโ€™s finesse.

So even though I love him at LT I donโ€™t want him at RT. Very much like Broderick Jones. Jones is an ok RT but I feel once we move him to LT (please god this fall) he will flourish.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, notorious Toledo homer here.
But if Quinyon Mitchell makes it to 20, we HAVE to, don't we......?
I can't see it happening, but it makes things interesting.
Still would rather have a big up front ugly hog either side of the ball.
Zero chance Joe Alt and/or Maserati Marvin makes it us, but a boy can dream.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
How does your big board align for a Steelers specific big board? How would you rank your realistic top-10 prospects for the Steelers a few weeks out?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I like Theo Johnson, and while he had a good performance at the Senior Bowl along with a great combine, there is no way that he's a first round pick. Maybe some team reaches for him in the late second, but I'd expect him to come off the board somewhere in round three.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
How does your big board align for a Steelers specific big board? How would you rank your realistic top-10 prospects for the Steelers a few weeks out?
Most of my board aligns with what I would do if lets say I had a top 250 prospects. The one area you might have noticed is defensive line. Playing the 3-4 I drop 4-3 only DTโ€™s, I elevate 3-4 DEโ€™s (5-tech) and elevate true nose tackles who are more than block eaters. Sweat is probably a good round higher than most have him. But he can play the 0, 1, and 2 technique so he could play 50% of the defensive snaps in our system.

I do do a predictive mock draft. I did one a few weeks back but Iโ€™ll probably do one more a day or two before. But itโ€™s probably not too far off on what I think the top 10 go to.

1 Bears - Caleb Williams QB USC
2 Commanders Drake Maye QB UNC
3 Pats Jayden Daniels QB LSU
4 Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr WR Ohio State
5 Chargers Malik Nabers WR LSU
6 Giants Rome Odunze WR Washington
7 Titan Dallas Turner DE Alabama
8 Falcons JJ McCarthy QB Michigan
9 Bears Joe Alt LT Notre Dame
10 Jets Olumuyiwa Fashanu LT Penn State

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I like Theo Johnson, and while he had a good performance at the Senior Bowl along with a great combine, there is no way that he's a first round pick. Maybe some team reaches for him in the late second, but I'd expect him to come off the board somewhere in round three.
Maybe. I am very high on Johnson and would put him ahead of Freiermuth if they were in the same draft class. Johnson is an A+ blocker and has soft reliable hands. Not the route runner Freiermuth was but physically more gifted. Freiermuth had the higher floor but Johnson has a much higher ceiling.

Stewey

Reaction score
Hi, notorious Toledo homer here.
But if Quinyon Mitchell makes it to 20, we HAVE to, don't we......?
I can't see it happening, but it makes things interesting.
Still would rather have a big up front ugly hog either side of the ball.
Zero chance Joe Alt and/or Maserati Marvin makes it us, but a boy can dream.

Holy Toledo, I think you're right!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers of old aren't the Steelers of now. They already started to tweak their D-line philosophy where the old ways would target the 6'5 certain arm length types. (like Tuitt) Who they visited with shows this altered mindset.

I would think the Steelers big board will be heavy on T's, WR's, CB's, C's and sprinkle in D-line prospects not named Sweat. The classic 4/3 types won't be devalued.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think Brock Bowers is a certain 1st round pick and possible elite. While the QB position is often overvalued in the draft, I think your QB board is undervalued.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Most of my board aligns with what I would do if lets say I had a top 250 prospects. The one area you might have noticed is defensive line. Playing the 3-4 I drop 4-3 only DTโ€™s, I elevate 3-4 DEโ€™s (5-tech) and elevate true nose tackles who are more than block eaters. Sweat is probably a good round higher than most have him. But he can play the 0, 1, and 2 technique so he could play 50% of the defensive snaps in our system.

I do do a predictive mock draft. I did one a few weeks back but Iโ€™ll probably do one more a day or two before. But itโ€™s probably not too far off on what I think the top 10 go to.

1 Bears - Caleb Williams QB USC
2 Commanders Drake Maye QB UNC
3 Pats Jayden Daniels QB LSU
4 Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr WR Ohio State
5 Chargers Malik Nabers WR LSU
6 Giants Rome Odunze WR Washington
7 Titan Dallas Turner DE Alabama
8 Falcons JJ McCarthy QB Michigan
9 Bears Joe Alt LT Notre Dame
10 Jets Olumuyiwa Fashanu LT Penn State
i think most mocks are similar, perhaps with the WRs after Harrison down a few spots.

Given this, and that a couple more OTs probably get picked in 10-15 spots, it seems like the Steelers could reasonably predict the 6-10 names still available at 20.

Who would be on your list and would you trade up for anyone?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think Brock Bowers is a certain 1st round pick and possible elite. While the QB position is often overvalued in the draft, I think your QB board is undervalued.
He likely is. I am just not as high as most on him. I think he ends up being a Chris Cooley type player and I don't mean anything disrespectful about that. Cooley had a very solid NFL career and was a 700-900 yard type of player. But he was an H-Back and not a true TE. I look at Theo Johnson and I think that is a potential George Kittle or TJ Hockenson. Brock probably has a higher floor and Theo has the higher ceiling.

Again, this is all just opinion. No one knows until 5 years after the draft.