• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FA 3rd QB Option

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Nice break down and a little wishful thinking.

NOT all of these teams see Mason as their go to QB, regardless of scenario pictured.

Mason doesn’t have the pick of the litter and he probably gets 1-5 contacts to see where he is at on money terms. Keep in mind that the cheaper he is the more come a knocking will happen.

I don’t wish him or any player bad, but sometimes the need doesn’t exceed the want.

Salute the naqtion
I was stating this would be his go to list. My assumption is he will pick the best scenario for him to play/start opportunity. Rams IMO is a place where there should be interest on both sides. If Mason asks for a reasonable or incentive laid contract I don't see why they wouldn't be able to come to an agreement. The Rams are in need of a backup QB for certain and perhaps a starting QB if Stafford isn't healthy. Seems like a win win scenario for both. But I guess it depends on the Rams level of interest.

Steelmann

Reaction score
I was stating this would be his go to list. My assumption is he will pick the best scenario for him to play/start opportunity. Rams IMO is a place where there should be interest on both sides. If Mason asks for a reasonable or incentive laid contract I don't see why they wouldn't be able to come to an agreement. The Rams are in need of a backup QB for certain and perhaps a starting QB if Stafford isn't healthy. Seems like a win win scenario for both. But I guess it depends on the Rams level of interest.
Your assumptions sure have changed in the last couple months. It wasn’t too long ago that you were ready to bet that Mason was signing in the FIRST week of FA for a legitimate shot of a starting job in the NFL.

And ridiculing people that didn’t agree with you.

I was more than willing to take you up on that bet,just to silence the page after page of Mason Rudolph dribble that you were spewing at the time. I see you have started it up again. Too bad you wouldn’t take the bet 🙂🙂

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your assumptions sure have changed in the last couple months. It wasn’t too long ago that you were ready to bet that Mason was signing in the FIRST week of FA for a legitimate shot of a starting job in the NFL.

I was more than willing to take you up on that bet,just to silence the page after page of Mason Rudolph dribble that you were spewing at the time. I see you have started it up again. Too bad you wouldn’t take the bet 🙂🙂

I said it the waY I SAW IT AND THAT IS MASON WILL NOT GET THAT MANY CALLS, EVEN TODAY. (Sorry for caps). He will get calls directly affected by his thought of value. the cheaper he is the more the call but I would be surprised if he even got 1-5 calls.

He isn’t going to be able to be to picky on where he goes because he isn’t getting that many options.

He isn’t better than Joe Flacco in his 5 year paradise and I’d think JOE would beat him out as a #2 even today.

I most certainly don’t want another ****-ing Red Nose rant / thread, the last one was 5 X to much as is………

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Omg. THIS IS WHY I BLOCKED YOU. You are the biggest dip :poop: on this planet. You must be a democrat because everything that comes from you is a lie.

He’s not getting a 10+ million dollar deal. Who thinks that? My guess is 5 million and incentives. But I honestly think he probably just wants to go where he is wanted and where he gets an opportunity to compete. Panthers, Jets, Giants, Bucs, and Saints all could be places. Maybe even Seahawks or Patriots. I think Geno resigns with the Seahawks and I think Pats probably stick it out one more year with Jones.

That is what I said. That is what I continued to think. I don't know how many calls his agent has had. 1 or 30. But I believe this much. He wants an opportunity. Everything he has said points to that much. Signing before the draft was a regret Mitch has expressed and I believe something Rudolph has learned from. Wait until after the draft and sign with a team that has a need and not a high round pick invested at the QB position.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Omg. THIS IS WHY I BLOCKED YOU. You are the biggest dip :poop: on this planet. You must be a democrat because everything that comes from you is a lie.

He’s not getting a 10+ million dollar deal. Who thinks that? My guess is 5 million and incentives. But I honestly think he probably just wants to go where he is wanted and where he gets an opportunity to compete. Panthers, Jets, Giants, Bucs, and Saints all could be places. Maybe even Seahawks or Patriots. I think Geno resigns with the Seahawks and I think Pats probably stick it out one more year with Jones.

That is what I said. That is what I continued to think. I don't know how many calls his agent has had. 1 or 30. But I believe this much. He wants an opportunity. Everything he has said points to that much. Signing before the draft was a regret Mitch has expressed and I believe something Rudolph has learned from. Wait until after the draft and sign with a team that has a need and not a high round pick invested at the QB position.
This is what you also said in that very same thread:

"You laugh but I bet there’s a few teams that come at him hard. I doubt he makes it a week on the market."

Which is exactly what Steelmann said you said. Nobody came at Rudolph hard, and he's still on the market after 4 weeks. Maybe you're the Democrat.

xjx

Reaction score
Not much interest in Rudolph among teams. He will get picked up when an injury occurs during training camp somewhere.

Steelmann

Reaction score
This is what you also said in that very same thread:

"You laugh but I bet there’s a few teams that come at him hard. I doubt he makes it a week on the market."

Which is exactly what Steelmann said you said. Nobody came at Rudolph hard, and he's still on the market after 4 weeks. Maybe you're the Democrat.
Thanks Top,you saved me from looking it up. Lol.......as he calls me the liar and a Democrat. Lol.
Wonder what this makes him? Lol.......
He was even willing to take a bet on it,but wanted to switch avatars or something stupid like that. If I remember,I said let’s make it worth our while and whoever loses can stay away for 2-3 months.

Steelmann

Reaction score
You laugh but I bet there’s a few teams that come at him hard. I doubt he makes it a week on the market.
Sure if you want to bet.....no problem. Think of the parameters in the bet. You say teams will come at him hard. And last less than a week. It will be hard to prove that teams come at him hard. I mean if I was him.....being a 3rd string QB on a bottom feeder team,I’d probably jump at any offer I get. So that might be hard to prove. Also signing in the first week. Once again he might sign at anything he can get. Also with your confidence in him......are they signing him to be their starter? All these teams? That are coming at him hard.? Well they must be.

So you think of the specifics......and to make it interesting......no posting or coming to this site for a year? 6 months?
Not this week type of bet BS.

Just quoting what you and I said on that day in case your memory is off a bit.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Sure if you want to bet.....no problem. Think of the parameters in the bet. You say teams will come at him hard. And last less than a week. It will be hard to prove that teams come at him hard. I mean if I was him.....being a 3rd string QB on a bottom feeder team,I’d probably jump at any offer I get. So that might be hard to prove. Also signing in the first week. Once again he might sign at anything he can get. Also with your confidence in him......are they signing him to be their starter? All these teams? That are coming at him hard.? Well they must be.

So you think of the specifics......and to make it interesting......no posting or coming to this site for a year? 6 months?
Not this week type of bet BS.
Well, I write for this site so probably can’t do that. I would say if Rudolph lasts longer than a week I have to put up a Pickett avatar and if he signs within the week you put up a Rudolph avatar. Gotta keep it up for the 2023 season.

Your reply.

Steelmann

Reaction score

er​

JoinedApr 30, 2014Messages2,780Reaction score2,666Points113LocationVancouver
Well, I write for this site so probably can’t do that. I would say if Rudolph lasts longer than a week I have to put up a Pickett avatar and if he signs within the week you put up a Rudolph avatar. Gotta keep it up for the 2023 season.
You can keep on writing for the home page.......just no posting?
Fan boy avatars mean nothing to me. I’ll keep my pug picture.

I think signing for in a week is too broad So....what does he make as a Steeler 3rd string QB this year?
If he signs in a week his contract should be higher than what he makes now.....probably higher than what Mitch makes.
You keep on saying he should be a starter and other teams would value him that way. So let’s come to an agreement on what they would be the minimum that he signs for. Not that he just signs with anyone for minimum. As you Said.......teams will come hard for him. In a week.
I still think 6 months or a year of not posting on here is fine.

And lastly my reply to yours.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Quote from FordFairLane.

If I remember correctly,the reason I wanted to make the bet in that thread was because of the constant ridiculing and name calling you love to heap upon others if they disagreed with you. I see you like to carry that tradition on.

Yes.....I am a bit of a dipshit. Biggest dipshit on the planet?
......I can think of at least one bigger than me.

A Democrat? Far from it.

A liar? Don’t see where I lied in that thread. Or this one.

The internet is a wonderful thing for sure. In my day you had to answer for things you say. Calling someone a liar to their face would definitely be one of them.

Today’s world just hides behind their keyboard. Once in a while they have to be called out.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not much interest in Rudolph among teams. He will get picked up when an injury occurs during training camp somewhere.

Maybe, I think too many are just assuming he will get picked up. I think it has to be that team that is very dire and more likely than not, he comes in as a 3rd QB.

Not the starter and camp battle for # 2 or # 3. There are scenarios where he might fit, in some eyes, but it’s the team that is in need that has the eye that counts. So far, NO eyes think he counts.

Salute the nation

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
3rd stringer to hold a clipboard? Sean Clifford....much like Mason in some aspects, but is not a statue. He'll be a cheap 7th rounder or maybe even an udfa.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
3rd stringer to hold a clipboard? Sean Clifford....much like Mason in some aspects, but is not a statue. He'll be a cheap 7th rounder or maybe even an udfa.

I’m still holding out for TUNE QB from UH !!!

Salute the nation