• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Enough with the cheating - they are excellent

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Everyone in the NFL is obviously talented. I think you only need "stars" at a few key spots to win consistently. You need a good QB, a stud WR, shutdown corner, and some sort of pass rusher. I think the rest of it comes down to coaching. How many breakdowns did the steelers have in coverage this year? The Pats mostly dont make those kinda mistakes. Also like others said if you dont check your attitude when you go to NE you are off the team. The Pats play as a team where the steelers play as individuals. Again this is about coaching and culture. The steelers are probably one of the most talented teams in the league, but they collectively can not get their **** together.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
there was a play in the game, a 3rd and short i believe. Romo pointed out how the play the Rams ran there was a total tendency breaker. The opposite of what they normally do in thos situations. And then he pointed out how the Pats jumped it like they knew it was coming. They stopped the play for a loss.

**** like that happens far too often with the Pats. Nobody guesses right that often.

i think it was like 3rd and 2 and the pats lined up with 2 high safeties. It was not disguised. The Rams should have seen that and changed the play. I don't think Goff has the football IQ to make those calls

str8liner

Reaction score
there was a play in the game, a 3rd and short i believe. Romo pointed out how the play the Rams ran there was a total tendency breaker. The opposite of what they normally do in thos situations. And then he pointed out how the Pats jumped it like they knew it was coming. They stopped the play for a loss.

**** like that happens far too often with the Pats. Nobody guesses right that often.

I have begrudgingly started to admit that they just seem to do everything better than everyone else....BUT.... Are we supposed to believe that in 150 years of football with the kind of talent that has come through the league that all of a sudden a coach and a QB completely figured out how to scheme and gameplan against every defense and offense? And win with average players at best? For what, 17 years now? Other teams try for years and years to correct deficiencies and weaknesses by drafting elite players to address those weaknesses, but the Patriots gather up everyone's mediocre castaways, plug them into the "system" and then win Super Bowls with them. Funny how no assistant coaches who leave Belichek can win squat when they leave that place too.....

Must be some pretty good water they have in Foxboro or something.....

Vader

Reaction score
The pats***** have skewed the entire NFL for almost 20 years. How many teams lost SBs or chances at the SB because of this fraud of an organization? Yes, they are good. But they have a lot of help. The cheating hasn't stopped and the refs still favor them like their own children. The Steelers would of had only one more chance at a SB a few years ago because they haven't played the pats*** in the playoffs but one time since Tomlin arrived. But many other teams have suffered because of them. I'm sorry I don't see the greatness. An impossible ability to win with a bunch of nobodies and 2nd rate players. No No NO NOOOOOO. It isn't possible mathematically or logically. They are frauds and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves as well as the ownership of the Steelers for letting this farce continue.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Belichick is a great coach.
Brady is a great QB
The Patriots cheated and without that they would have far fewer rings.

It is possible for all 3 to be true and pointing out the reality of that is not being a hater.

Exactly! You don't send league officials into a teams office and have them immediately find **** and burn it and not show or talk about what they found. You know what they found was pretty damning for them to immediately destroy the evidence.
They took their time and did like a 6 month investigation over the bounty gate **** in NO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stewey

Reaction score
**** the Pats. That game was the worst game I have ever seen. Snoozefest, and congrats NFL, you had 2 bad teams playing for a championship. The ship is starting to sink.

Therapy post winner.
If you want to feel better this is the post everyone needs to read. lol

Another thing to consider is that had the Rams won "asterisk talk" would commence...meaning they should have lost to NO because of a horrible non call therefore they didn't deserve to be in the SB to begin with.

NE beating the Rams makes that subject dead...the way the NFL wants it.

Last edited:

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
It isn't rocket science. Everyone was amazed that Romo was calling plays in advance from the booth. Lot of meatheads out there coaching NFL. Seriously, we had LBers single covering a number one receiver - the entire game even after getting burnt play after play. We let Gronkowski run free up the seam play after play. These are not brilliant people. It doesn't take much to seem like a relative genius.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Will say this. The game very much hinged on a play early in the fourth quarter I believe. Gurley ripped off a huge run that put them near scoring position. Hold. 1st and 20. Punt. Pat's took over. They always seem to get that call at the key moment.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree... there has to be something going on somewhere.... I don’t know what “it” is exactly
I do.

As for the "hinge moments" of the game, (And I'm not really commenting on any of these in terms of "That was horse-****" but some of these were kinda horse-**** but I suppose you could say, "Ya, that'll happen". It just ALWAYS happens for the P*ts)

1st quarter, Brady tosses a little shovel-screen and the receiver gets decked as soon as the ball gets there. NOBODY else in the league gets an unsportsmanlike or "hit to the head and neck" on that play. NOBODY. That would have put the P*ts in 3rd and long early. That was ridiculous. (In fairness, Brady was thrown aggressively to the ground earlier and there was no flag. I was truly shocked.) So it could have been a 'make up'.

On the Goff hit going out of bounds - Goff slowed up. Had he hustled all the way out of bounds, he either wouldn' t have been hit - or nothing. They weren't going to call that a late hit if he was 2 yards in the white. But Goff should have hustled all the way.

The deep ball from Goff that wasn't quite caught, the defender was holding the receivers arm. The Rams simply can't complain. I said last week they WEREN'T going to get those kinds of calls this week.

Another deep pass from Goff, the receiver got bumped just before the ball arrived, again no flag. The Rams have no room for argument here.

Gurley picks up 16 in the 4th, puts the Rams in FG position. A TERRIBLE phantom hold negates the run. It was bad. They showed a replay and clearly there was no holding, at least from the guy they called it on. Maybe a ref saw something out of the corner of his eye, threw the flag and then just picked a number to call it on. But the replay showed THAT guy was not holding.

The ONLY time I have seen the referees call the P*ts relatively clean was against the Steelers this year, which allowed bug-eyes to record a victory against a team he has no business playing against.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Will say this. The game very much hinged on a play early in the fourth quarter I believe. Gurley ripped off a huge run that put them near scoring position. Hold. 1st and 20. Punt. Pat's took over. They always seem to get that call at the key moment.
I was standing on my chair hollering OMG what a hold....it was like 2 weeks ago when Brady got clobbered on the head. I was saying....WHERES THE FLAG!!!!

People always make a big deal about anything Patriots.....Remember when the Patriots radio frequencies started coming through the Steelers coaches headsets.....fortunately the national media and the NFL set everyone straight on that .....that kind of **** happens all the time...... That's when we have plane crashes.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Belichick is a good coach.
Brady is a good QB.
the Pats are a good organization.

do they cheat? it's been proven.
did they need to? we'll never know.

what we do know is these pukes have six Lombardis and as long as they have Brady and Belichick, the Pats have a better shot than any other team to get to the Super Bowl and win it. the shady and underhanded ways they've won those Lombardis 100% prevents me from calling this organization the best ever. The way they've handled wins and losses prevents me from calling Brady the best QB ever.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when the Patriots radio frequencies started coming through the Steelers coaches headsets.

See, in order for that to happen, the P*ts have to have the frequency and equipment to hack the NFL's countermeasures. But IF the Steelers could hear THEM, then you can absolutely be assured that the P*ts could hear the Steelers. And THIS leads to the question... If you had Ernie Adams, who has literally memorized the play-calling language for every team in the league, and you have your opposing team's radio signal so you can hear the offensive and defensive plays being called in... What could you do with that kind of information?

What indeed...

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
**** the Pats. That game was the worst game I have ever seen. Snoozefest, and congrats NFL, you had 2 bad teams playing for a championship. The ship is starting to sink.

Just read it was the lowest rated SB ever.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone start a thread in politics and title it "I'm a big ******* ***** and I acquiesce my white privilege I unburden myself of my white guilt and free myself of Patriot penis envy. I am woke and I am a Patriot ***** because of it.

Post the link here in this thread.

TIA

Last edited:

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Bottom line to m e is they cheated got caught cheating twice. Their should be asterisks on each win.
Sad thing is they are good enough to win without cheating

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Reposting for emphasis.

Belichick is a great coach.
Brady is a great QB
The Patriots cheated and without that they would have far fewer rings.

It is possible for all 3 to be true and pointing out the reality of that is not being a hater.

And with all the Pats alleged greatness, they do sure skate by on the thinnest of margins in all these big games. A margin that could well be the result of certain "advantages".

I detest the Cowboys but I acknowledge that they had a true dynasty in the 90s. They used to physically dominate teams on a weekly basis. When the Cowboys won, generally it was because they just beat down the opponent.

So many times for the Pats in these big games, they thing that turns the game isn't some tremendous play or some dominant performance, it's a big penalty or some a bunch of no calls on holds or DBs grabbing WRs.

Or it's that absolutely perfect playcall at the perfect time. We hear ex-players talking all the time about how often the opponent should guess right on play call and audibles. They routinely say that the Pats % is ridiculously high. Like if they were at the tables in Vegas, they'd be dragged to a back room and have their hands broken.

Do they win a lot because most teams these days are poorly coached? Yes. I give them credit for playing with good fundamentals and discipline.

But i will NEVER consider them one of the great teams. I've seen great teams play and the Pats don't measure up.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bottom line to m e is they cheated got caught cheating twice. Their should be asterisks on each win.

Will always be a unknown.they would actually have to stop cheating to find out.

Vader

Reaction score

They aren't good enough to be in 9 SBs in 17 years with a bunch of nobodies and castoffs. I don't know how good they would have been but with the refs, Adams, all the cheating it is hard to tell. How does a team always get all the right calls? How do they know plays that haven't been used all year? It stinks and I smell what the pats*** are cooking... it's called the stench of cheating.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The way I see it, they are excellent cheaters, who happened to be very lucky to face some incredibly stupid head coaches in the super bowl.

Their first super bowl win is tainted as the Patriots were caught filming the Rams practice. They knew what was coming. Without this edge, they likely lose that very close game. The commissioner docked the team draft picks and fined the organization however he ordered the tape destroyed. How many games have the Patriots had an illegal edge? We could be talking about 100 or more games.

A dynasty for sure, but one with cheating it's in DNA, and this includes Brady deflating his footballs and the Patriots being caught filming on the other team's sideline.

Taking away their unfair edges, they are not winning six super bowls. Maybe 4 or 5 as getting there in the playoffs likely had some form of cheating in there.

jbem

Reaction score
hhahahha so true, and eli manning took him down,???? doesnt seem right

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The way I see it, they are excellent cheaters, who happened to be very lucky to face some incredibly stupid head coaches in the super bowl.

Their first super bowl win is tainted as the Patriots were caught filming the Rams practice. They knew what was coming. Without this edge, they likely lose that very close game. The commissioner docked the team draft picks and fined the organization however he ordered the tape destroyed. How many games have the Patriots had an illegal edge? We could be talking about 100 or more games.

A dynasty for sure, but one with cheating it's in DNA, and this includes Brady deflating his footballs and the Patriots being caught filming on the other team's sideline.

Taking away their unfair edges, they are not winning six super bowls. Maybe 4 or 5 as getting there in the playoffs likely had some form of cheating in there.

I'll be fair and give them credit for 3. If Bill agrees to a lie detector test I could add more, or minus more.

:becky: