• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dulac by way of 93.7 The Fan Tomlin Extension Coming

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Got to have thicker skin to play quarterback in Pittsburgh. Bradshaw had years of brutal **** with the fans and press. They had an effigy of him hanging from a rope at games before he started winning superbowls. Even then at the end they cheered when got hurt. Many people are just dicks. No wonder he didn't come back for 20 years.

I personally I'd never have social media or read the press.
Yes I agree, and Kordell in a recent lengthy interview agrees he handled the whole thing poorly but it was a far more demeaning and personal attack by a person in power than the Bradshaw thing which was based purely on his play.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
was it when it counted? Look at our starting lineup for the Broncos game. Offense was decimated by injuries, an unfortunate common theme the last 10 years and because of Ben's Salary the depth was weakened. Teams have to have a lot of luck to overcome the lack of depth after paying a QB like Ben their big paydays. We often times forget who we actually had playing in these playoff games we lost.

View attachment 10469

People overestimate what it takes to win in the NFL. You absolutely don’t need pro bowl players at every position… its like with the oline…take a line with all average players add one real pro bowl guy and one above average guy to a line with average players and you get one of the better lines in the league … you almost never have to overhaul everything
Just like drafts rarely produce more than one or two impact players… most of the times you have done well if you get one real star guy, a couple starters and a special team guy out of seven picks

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Tier 1 = elite
Tier 2 = above average
Tier 3 = average
Tier 4 = below average
Tier 5 = bad

OFFENSE
Tier 1:
Tier 2: Freiermuth, Daniels
Tier 3: Dotson ,Johnson, Harris, Pickens, Cole
Tier 4: Pickett ,Moore, Okorafor, and D.Watt
Tier 5:

I think Pickens needs to work on his routes to go higher. I thought Harris bounced back decent from injury and his high hurtle solo competition.

DEFENSE
Tier 1: Heyward, Watt, Fitzpatrick
Tier 2: Highsmith, Sutton,
Tier 3: Ogunjobi, Edmunds, Kaz,Wallace
Tier 4: Spillane, Jack, Pierre
Tier 5: Alualu, Adams, Bush, Witherspoon

Pierre bounced back but for me is still under the average. I am not as down on Wallace as some, I just think he isn't a number 1 corner.

I wouldn't resign any tier 5 free agents.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
hopefully this is like the putin thread in politics frum. any day now

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Tier 1 = elite
Tier 2 = above average
Tier 3 = average
Tier 4 = below average
Tier 5 = bad

OFFENSE
Tier 1:
Tier 5:

I think Pickens needs to work on his routes to go higher. I thought Harris bounced back decent from injury and his high hurtle solo competition.

DEFENSE

Pierre bounced back but for me is still under the average. I am not as down on Wallace as some, I just think he isn't a number 1 corner.

I truly wonder how much work Pickens' route tree needs....but will concede it needs work. That stated just watching the rest of his ability I will never consider him as just AVERAGE. His skill set has ELITE written all over it. I also have to disagree that Harris is just average. While he had a rough start to the season after he healed up from his foot injury he was back to how he looked last year which is well above AVERAGE. And now to Johnson. While I am not a big Johnson fan I see him as above average easily also. Just my take. :)

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Yes I agree, and Kordell in a recent lengthy interview agrees he handled the whole thing poorly but it was a far more demeaning and personal attack by a person in power than the Bradshaw thing which was based purely on his play.

Hanging someone by a rope is pretty personal.

I do agree that was ****** up with Kordell and should never have happened. Same with Bradshaw.
I copied the paragraph below. You don’t consider Steeler Nation as Social Media?

Social media is really just a category of the type of media (communication or published content) and the way in which people are using it. So if the forum is set up in a way that users are able to create and share content, to connect and communicate with each other . . . then yes, it could be classed as social media.

I'd definitely cut this place out. In fact outside of teammates,coaches,friends and family, should anything else really matter? It wouldn't workout well for me,because I'd tell you to **** off in a flash

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I truly wonder how much work Pickens' route tree needs....but will concede it needs work. That stated just watching the rest of his ability I will never consider him as just AVERAGE. His skill set has ELITE written all over it. I also have to disagree that Harris is just average. While he had a rough start to the season after he healed up from his foot injury he was back to how he looked last year which is well above AVERAGE. And now to Johnson. While I am not a big Johnson fan I see him as above average easily also. Just my take. :)
What makes Harris above average? He has talent, but has been more of a volume producer at this point of his career. I like him as a player and how he played down the stretch, but of the top 30 rushers in the NFL, he finished at or below average in about every major category.

1,034 yards-15th
3.8 YPC-T-30th
36 long-T-21st
1 20+ yard run-30th
45 FD-T-20th
7 TDs-T-15th

Pickens does have an elite skill set and he just needs to develop. I suppose I should've put him in the Tier 2 as a No. 2 receiver. Johnson is good and would be excellent in a different offense, but he's never averaged more than 11.5 YPC, including 10.3 this year and just went an entire season without a touchdown. As a No. 1 option, he ranks somewhere in the bottom 20-40% of No. 1 receivers for me (meaning I'm taking 20-26 guys ahead of him this season).

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Neil O's last game ever for the Steelers was superbowl XXX. Then he bolted town. That's a lasting mark in a crushing defeat.

Kordell was never the same after his epic meltdown in the AFCCG vs Denver. It wasn't some quick turn on him. It was multiple bad seasons. It was to the point I thought he had blackmail pictures on Cowher because he started way longer than he should have. I really liked Kordell. I liked the Slash role and I would have loved to have seen him go full-time wr.
O’Donnell was a FA after the season and the Jets simply offered silly money that the Steelers were right not to match.
Stewart might have been better but he was here at a time when Cowher hired a couple of boneheads at OC who didn’t know what to do with him.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tier 1 = elite
Tier 2 = above average
Tier 3 = average
Tier 4 = below average
Tier 5 = bad

OFFENSE
Tier 1:
Tier 5:

DEFENSE

GREAT post slash and thank you for all your great ones along the way.!!!

The only thing I could argue is HARRIS should be a #2.

I can see Johnson’s #3 due to NO touch down receptions.

Pickens would be a # 2.5 if there was a category there.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
What makes Harris above average? He has talent, but has been more of a volume producer at this point of his career. I like him as a player and how he played down the stretch, but of the top 30 rushers in the NFL, he finished at or below average in about every major category.

1,034 yards-15th
3.8 YPC-T-30th
36 long-T-21st
1 20+ yard run-30th
45 FD-T-20th
7 TDs-T-15th

Pickens does have an elite skill set and he just needs to develop. I suppose I should've put him in the Tier 2 as a No. 2 receiver. Johnson is good and would be excellent in a different offense, but he's never averaged more than 11.5 YPC, including 10.3 this year and just went an entire season without a touchdown. As a No. 1 option, he ranks somewhere in the bottom 20-40% of No. 1 receivers for me (meaning I'm taking 20-26 guys ahead of him this season).
And those 20 to 26 guys that you take over Johnson probably don't perform as well as they have where they are now. Harris is a do it all RB. When he got healthy his numbers were drastically different than what they were early on in the season. Just my take.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
And those 20 to 26 guys that you take over Johnson probably don't perform as well as they have where they are now. Harris is a do it all RB. When he got healthy his numbers were drastically different than what they were early on in the season. Just my take.

Harris played a little better over the final 10 games, still not in the upper echelon of backs. At best he's in the middle of the pack.

Wide receivers I'd take over Johnson: Jefferson, Kupp, Hill, Adams, Diggs, Brown, Chase, Evans, Hopkins, Samuel, Metcalf, Lamb, St. Brown, Waddle, Smith, Higgins, Lockett, Cooper, McClaurin, Wilson, Olave,

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure it is but in the playoffs injuries like they faced were a killer on offense. Defense and Ben kept it close but as has happened too many times in 10 years the backups no matter how much you try to have that mentality just didn't have the skills despite having tons of heart. The optimist that I am I credit Tomlin for the fact many of these games were close despite the lack of depth at backup. Just look a the receivers and running backs we had in this game and Cody Wallace at center. Holy hell.
Fister Wallace, lol.