• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

don't look now Timmons might not make it to free agency

paperclip

Reaction score
ImmaculatePaltryJay.gif

ianv2012

Reaction score
I hope we re-sign Timmons...and I belive we will..

Always has been under-rated here for some reason, which I dont understand at all..

This guy is in great shape for his age, is a veteran leader, and is arguably the hardest hitter on the team.

Not to mention the guy is always healthy, never misses games. He's an iron man in every sense of the word.

Steelz

Reaction score
Ok that's all good and all, he doesn't come off the field and he constantly leads the team in tackles, that's been the constant argument for him. But when the opposing QBs are constantly throwing his way to the RB and TE he's covering then yeah he's going to lead the team in tackles. Yeah he did have a decent year THIS year, but still not enough to be a great defense or take the next step where we need to be. There were articals written how we were LAST in the league at giving up yards to RBs and TEs. Guess who covers them in our defense, our LBs. If we want to get better in that area we need to improve that group, and right now Timmons is the weak link imo .

Last edited:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok that's all good and all, he doesn't come off the field and he constantly leads the team in tackles, that's been the constant argument for him. But when the opposing QBs are constantly throwing his way to the RB and TE he's covering then yeah he's going to lead the team in tackles. Yeah he did have a decent year THIS year, but still not enough to be a great defense or take the next step where we need to be. There were articals written how we were LAST in the league at giving up yards to RBs and TEs. Guess who covers them in our defense, our LBs. If we want to get better in that area we need to improve that group, and right now Timmons is the weak link imo .

We got bigger fish to fry.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
would love to see him back for the right price.....

At the right price, but no long term deals, Ike ad Troy were dead weights in their final year due to age.

milkman dan

Reaction score
He's only comparatively put up almost exactly the same stats as James Farrior every single year. Can't imagine why anyone would want to keep that going...

deljzc

Reaction score
I'm putting the over/under price on Timmons at $5.5 million a season. And I would expect a 4-year deal to help spread out the salary cap financing.

So a good deal for the Steelers would be 4-years, $20 million. A good deal for Timmons would be 4-years, $24 million. I think just like the old deals for Farrior and Ward in their waning years, the board here is undervaluing the dollars.

Remember, Farrior signed a 5-year deal at age 33 and had a signing bonus above $7 million in today's dollars. I think if I was Timmons, I would be asking the same thing. Maybe 4-years, $21 million with $6-7 million in signing bonus. I'm not saying I would sign that, but I think that is the number we're talking about.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
4 years is as long as I give him, but I would expect he would be off the team after two years at the most