• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Diontae Johnson throws (subtle) shade at Canada

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad DJ is hinting about Canada and I hope others do as well. The dude was a horrible OC and everyone knows it. He needs to go.

Now, DJ did start dropping a few late in the season. On Sunday, his first drop was deflected (per the replay as I missed the deflection live) so he sort of has an excuse (but not really as it still hit his hands) on that one but the 2nd one was all on him. He has talent but there is no way I am paying him $15 million+ per which is where he is going to want to be. I'd offer JuJu a 3 or 4-year deal making about what he was making this year ($8 million) or a little more. He is the heart of the WR room and he is tough as nails. He can play anywhere on the field as can Claypool.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Been around long enough to know an "Expert" when I see one, thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Do you have any other GREAT insightful information you can share and lead me to the football promis land ?? It's about my nap time before I suckle.......

Salute the nation
LOL...lighten up Francis. It's football not rocket science. I apologize if you are an old fart like me.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I'm glad DJ is hinting about Canada and I hope others do as well. The dude was a horrible OC and everyone knows it. He needs to go.

Now, DJ did start dropping a few late in the season. On Sunday, his first drop was deflected (per the replay as I missed the deflection live) so he sort of has an excuse (but not really as it still hit his hands) on that one but the 2nd one was all on him. He has talent but there is no way I am paying him $15 million+ per which is where he is going to want to be. I'd offer JuJu a 3 or 4-year deal making about what he was making this year ($8 million) or a little more. He is the heart of the WR room and he is tough as nails. He can play anywhere on the field as can Claypool.
DJ is passing the buck because he stunk it up. If he catches the damn ball drives keep going and who knows how the game would have unfolded, but hey he's rich so it's all good.....

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
I don't hate Ben bro. He should have just retired 3 years ago for the benefit of the team he claims to love so much, but Ben is always about Ben.

Whether it's milking the last dollar he can out of Rooney or 3rd and 2, selfishness is always the main factor.
You are right that chucking up deep jump ball prayers on 3rd and short have plagued this offense for a long time. You still have no evidence this is on Ben though. The fact the entire offense has just been tweaked from what Arians had in when he was rightfully fired years ago is a much better bet on the root of the problem, kind of like hiring the assistant of the fired OC or offensive position coach multiple times.

And before you say the refusal to change offensive schemes is to placate to Ben, the head coach and OC are supposed to supersede the QB, even a hall of fame one, if they are too scared to do that it's on the coaches and front office

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
DJ is passing the buck because he stunk it up. If he catches the damn ball drives keep going and who knows how the game would have unfolded, but hey he's rich so it's all good.....
DJ may have dropped a few this season but Canada is THE MAIN reason the O sucked all year. Anyone with eyes can see that.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
You are right that chucking up deep jump ball prayers on 3rd and short have plagued this offense for a long time. You still have no evidence this is on Ben though. The fact the entire offense has just been tweaked from what Arians had in when he was rightfully fired years ago is a much better bet on the root of the problem, kind of like hiring the assistant of the fired OC or offensive position coach multiple times.

And before you say the refusal to change offensive schemes is to placate to Ben, the head coach and OC are supposed to supersede the QB, even a hall of fame one, if they are too scared to do that it's on the coaches and front office
The evidence was there even when Haley was here..he would have Lev Bell open as the outlet or on the wheel route and he would just ignore it. It made me pull my hair out because sometimes it would work, but lots of times it didn't. AB would bail him out many times.

He was probably doing it when Arians was here as well, I just can't recall but my bet would be that's where it started.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
DJ may have dropped a few this season but Canada is THE MAIN reason the O sucked all year. Anyone with eyes can see that.
You like a bunch of posters here are completely wrong...from MTs press conference:

About Matt Canada staying: " He brings alot of things to the table that are very attractive to us."

On Canada's offense being limited because of the personnel the team has(not specifically saying the QB, but...)
" When you have red paint you paint the barn red..."

Mike gets it that's why he's the coach...

Last edited:

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
****. Even Collinsworth opened his eyes to what everyone has seen here all year.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
You like a bunch of posters here are completely wrong...from MTs press conference:

About Matt Canada staying: " He brings alot of things to the table that are very attractive to us."

On Canada's offense being limited because of the personnel the team has(not specifically saying the QB, but...)

Mike gets it that's all why he's the coach...
I wonder what color the barn will be next year.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
the “offense” at the start was of the game was hilarious, if, you werent a Steeler fan. Totally looked like the keystone cops before the snap everyone running around then… poof! like lighting a firecracker that doesn’t go off. It was just so painfully obvious Canada was in way over his head and had been all season. Just the old standard Steeler offense would have served this team so much better than the hot mess Canada served up. Where to go from here? I guess someone in the org knows but… I got a hunch were going to have a lot of Kent Grahams and ‘slash’ qbs in our future.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't hate Ben bro. He should have just retired 3 years ago for the benefit of the team he claims to love so much, but Ben is always about Ben.

Whether it's milking the last dollar he can out of Rooney or 3rd and 2, selfishness is always the main factor.
But he doesn't hate Ben!

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score

Mike gets it that's why he's the coach...
When you have red paint, it's ok to finish last in the league in rushing and average less than 6 points in the first half over the playoff push eh...

You know nothing about coaching and preforming ones job at a respectable level without making excuses, if Canada didn't like his personnel and couldn't do better than his pathetic results this year, he shouldn't have taken the job. Canada and Tomlin own those results, period. That's accountability and life as a coach

You go ahead and keep propping up Canada and Tomlin tho, if Canada stays they will suck on offense again and you'll need more excuses next January

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The 2022 Pittsburgh Steelers highlight video already has working titles:

Be afraid, very afraid
Our first losing season in 16 years(MT edition)
We miss Ben
Canada sucks, sorry fans. Should have listened to you.
Rudy is not your father
Damn, what just happened. . .

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Yes, exactly, Ben Roethlisberger had earned a mere $138 million before 2018 and was worth $100 million so he did it for the money. I know if I was worth $100 million, I would definitely look forward to the brutality of professional football because of the money.

Oh, and you think he should have retired before the 2019 season?!? You mean after he threw for 5,129 yards and 34 TB's in 2018? Yeah, you bet, no way he could think he would be a good QB in 2019.

So then you think he retires after the elbow injury in 2019? Because again the 2018 season was so terrible, right?

Idiot.

Bro how long have you been around football? This season your first?

As for me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, which gives me vastly more knowledge than you.

Idiot.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
But he doesn't hate Ben!
No I don't hate him. All players are eligible to be criticized. I'm not a Ben cult member like you, so I can see the mentality you possess as I'm not a drone living in the hive like you.

I'll bet anything you own one of those stupid red baseball caps as well....

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Yes, exactly, Ben Roethlisberger had earned a mere $138 million before 2018 and was worth $100 million so he did it for the money. I know if I was worth $100 million, I would definitely look forward to the brutality of professional football because of the money.

Oh, and you think he should have retired before the 2019 season?!? You mean after he threw for 5,129 yards and 34 TB's in 2018? Yeah, you bet, no way he could think he would be a good QB in 2019.

So then you think he retires after the elbow injury in 2019? Because again the 2018 season was so terrible, right?

Idiot.

As for me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, which gives me vastly more knowledge than you.

Idiot.
Well 2 years or whatever it is...sue me. And as far as the holiday inn...I thought they claimed they were going to clean up the parking lots of crack ****** in their more questionable locations?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
When you have red paint, it's ok to finish last in the league in rushing and average less than 6 points in the first half over the playoff push eh...

You know nothing about coaching and preforming ones job at a respectable level without making excuses, if Canada didn't like his personnel and couldn't do better than his pathetic results this year, he shouldn't have taken the job. Canada and Tomlin own those results, period. That's accountability and life as a coach

You go ahead and keep propping up Canada and Tomlin tho, if Canada stays they will suck on offense again and you'll need more excuses next January
We'll be fine sky is falling guy. Canada has nothing to do with quality of O line. If Tomlin/Colbert can bring the right QB in you will quickly be singing his praises.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
We'll be fine sky is falling guy. Canada has nothing to do with quality of O line. If Tomlin/Colbert can bring the right QB in you will quickly be singing his praises.
Put down the crack pipe, the right QB? Like who?? You think Rodgers or Wilson will come here? You think there is anyone in the draft capable of making Canadas incompetence work at any reasonable level? Or Rudolph? Haskins?

Canada has nothing to do with the quality of the oline??? Hes the ******* offensive coordinator, hes responsible for all of it! Clearly you've never been a supervisor or manager of any kind or youd get that, but keep making excuses for them, you are clueless dude

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Put down the crack pipe, the right QB? Like who?? You think Rodgers or Wilson will come here? You think there is anyone in the draft capable of making Canadas incompetence work at any reasonable level? Or Rudolph? Haskins?

Canada has nothing to do with the quality of the oline??? Hes the ******* offensive coordinator, hes responsible for all of it! Clearly you've never been a supervisor or manager of any kind or youd get that, but keep making excuses for them, you are clueless dude
So Canada caused Pouncy to retire? Caused DeCastro to be let go? Jesus....

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
So Canada caused Pouncy to retire? Caused DeCastro to be let go? Jesus....
So if you manage a McDonald's and your assistant manager and best cook quit, can you suck for a year with no consequence and get worse in month 10-12 and keep your job? It's the same for a coach....or the standard is the standard, or next man up, where have I heard that before?

Competent coaches overcome and facilitate their weaknesses improvement throughout the year.

Excuses are like *** holes, you know the rest

Benson Dobbs

Reaction score
So if you manage a McDonald's and your assistant manager and best cook quit, can you suck for a year with no consequence and get worse in month 10-12 and keep your job?
Depends. Do the Rooney's own this McDonald's and if so does the "rule" apply to the manager in this scenario?

Last edited:

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Depends. Do the Rooney's own this McDonald's and if so does the "rule" apply to the manager in this scenario?
If the current in Rooney charge of the Steelers owns the McDonald's as they turn a profit the quality of the food is irrelevant

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

******* troll